In my opinion TCL did very well this year. Although the launch of the K1 really tested my patience the device is stellar. Best Berry I've owned and I have pretty much them all. Only Berry that holds up is the greatest of all time berry Passport Silver. But regardless the K1 is really good.

Whats your thoughts on TCL in 2018? I'm expected two devices like the did this year with the K1 and Motion. I'm hoping for a keyboard device, maybe a K1 successor (K2?).

What do you guys think? Did the Keyone deliver to your expectations? Do you think 2018 will hold a successor?
    bb1010 likes this.
    12-26-17 07:40 PM
    yes, they did great job with k1. I like it after outstanding passport and BB10 system . really nice device.
    it would be good if we get PRIV 2. it was good machine too.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    12-26-17 09:50 PM
    i hope to see a passport revival. i also have a priv. not the best in my opinion
    12-26-17 09:54 PM
    I'm hoping they go a different route and surprise us. As much as I'd love a successor to a previous phone i don't think any recent phones have been a resounding success that I'd like to see them keep tweaking and being creative.
    12-26-17 10:16 PM
    I think what ended up hurting BlackBerry was the fact they never picked a line of phones to upgrade each year. they should stick to KEYtwo and Motion 2 and throw an extra one out if they want.
    FF22, rarsen, phuoc and 3 others like this.
    12-27-17 12:17 AM
    I think a KEYtwo would come out because the KEYone name makes it seem like the first of many.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-28-17 11:37 AM
    i hope to see a passport revival. i also have a priv. not the best in my opinion
    Passport with 1:1 aspect ratio?? Priv is great device just need keyone type setup!
    12-28-17 01:33 PM
    I think a KEYtwo would come out because the KEYone name makes it seem like the first of many.
    Gross name to begin. With. Wicked device 💩 name
    deezy87 likes this.
    12-28-17 01:38 PM
    I don't think TCL is going to be nearly as creative with hardware as blackberry itself was. I expect them to stay with the keyboard phone and slab phone combo until there is reason to expand. hoping to see a true flagship phone with a high end processor, but that might not be a part of their DNA anymore. I think they have to fine tune the slab, but the keyone is near perfect imo.
    12-28-17 05:10 PM
    ...hoping to see a true flagship phone with a high end processor, but that might not be a part of their DNA anymore...
    Compared to when? Please don't misinterpret, there's no bashing BlackBerry (or yourself) here, I just don't understand where everyone gets the expectations that BlackBerry might suddenly roll out the most spec'd out beast of a flagship. They have literally never done that before.

Personally, I think that TCL is on point with the latest generation of hardware. They are going for phones that will last through the day with their stellar battery life and stand the test of time with their durability. The fastest processor might be a step in the other direction for the first two categories that they are currently nailing.

...and I would love to see a follow-up to the Priv, also. It's obvious that there is a demand for it and it really, in theory, is the best of both worlds. The same two worlds that BlackBerry Mobile is still fully immersed in.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-28-17 05:21 PM
    As it stands there's a rumored keyboard device for 2018, as well as the continuation of the interminably long Motion release.
    Hyard likes this.
    12-28-17 06:46 PM
    Gross name to begin. With. Wicked device 💩 name
    Priv was worst name ever.
    12-28-17 10:38 PM
    Priv was worst name ever.
    Keyone.... Priv was bad too..
    12-28-17 10:39 PM
    I do not mind 1:1 ratio. but if its bigger, that is also not a problem. I liked the size of the passport keyboard. Priv could have been a great device if you forget the battery and the keyboard. I still use mine from time to time...
    12-29-17 02:57 AM
    Their codenames are better than the actual release name lol, at least the case for Mercury, which undoubtedly sounds cooler than KEYone.
    12-29-17 03:02 AM
    As much as everyone (including me) would love a spec’d out device, I don’t see it happening. TCL is all about average hardware. Even bb itself was never on the cutting edge of hardware. The priv is probably the closest they got to flagship specs.

TCL seems to be pushing battery life as their hook feature. While better battery life is always welcome, it shouldn’t come at the expense of performance. MoSt people are used to nightly charging so as long as you can get a full day, the experience doesn’t suffer. I don’t see many Galaxy or iPhone owners complaining about battery life.

I do realize what TCL is trying to do. They’re using the battery life angle to find a niche and sell enough devices to sustain the brand.
    12-29-17 06:19 AM
    As much as everyone (including me) would love a spec’d out device, I don’t see it happening. TCL is all about average hardware. Even bb itself was never on the cutting edge of hardware. The priv is probably the closest they got to flagship specs.

TCL seems to be pushing battery life as their hook feature. While better battery life is always welcome, it shouldn’t come at the expense of performance. MoSt people are used to nightly charging so as long as you can get a full day, the experience doesn’t suffer. I don’t see many Galaxy or iPhone owners complaining about battery life.

I do realize what TCL is trying to do. They’re using the battery life angle to find a niche and sell enough devices to sustain the brand.
    Battery life, both imo and factually, is one of if not the most important aspect of any mobile device, it's (obviously) what allows every single feature of the smartphone to function.
    TCL is 100% right to pursue that as one of their major selling points, because heavy users want more juice out of their device.

As for people in general and their iPhones and Galaxies, it's become the norm that smartphones can barely get through a day, and that's not a good thing. The KEYone's 1.5 day average endurance should be the norm, not the "barely make it through to dinner time" type.
    Of course, it's not all about (battery) size, optimization goes a long way.
    ch1nchilla likes this.
    12-29-17 07:18 AM
    I think what ended up hurting BlackBerry was the fact they never picked a line of phones to upgrade each year. they should stick to KEYtwo and Motion 2 and throw an extra one out if they want.
    Agreed! Every time they designed from scratch
    02-20-18 05:23 PM
    I don't think the market for keyboard phones is large enough for them to bring out a new one in 2018, I think they will bring out a new slab phone for sure maybe 2. I think we will be waiting until 2019 before a new keyboard appears.
    02-20-18 05:54 PM
    I think they should stick to two devices per category. upper midrange pkb and lower spec pkb, and same for full touch. upper midrange and low spec
    02-20-18 06:14 PM
    I don't think the market for keyboard phones is large enough for them to bring out a new one in 2018, I think they will bring out a new slab phone for sure maybe 2. I think we will be waiting until 2019 before a new keyboard appears.
    Next two devices on deck appear to be PKB.
    02-20-18 06:19 PM
    I think what hurt BB was first their determination for security by not allowing 3rd party apps. Security over FB and Twitter proved to be a huge mistake. Then they bought the company that developed BB10. Another huge mistake, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did if Cobalt hadn't came along with the play store hack. They should have went to Android then instead of now.

Let's face it, they had the market before iOS and Android became big time but dropped the ball by choosing security over 3rd party apps. They last that bet...
    02-20-18 06:21 PM
    So wrong

There's two physical keyboards this year
    02-20-18 06:29 PM
    I'm currently on K1 and I'm happy with the performance. however it will be great if there's a Passport 2.
    Had reception issue with my Passport thus no choice to switch to K1.
    02-20-18 11:01 PM
    I think a 4:3 aspect ratio would allow for a more Classic sized keyboard, and possibly reduce the overall height of the device (especially if the capacitive keys were deleted in lieu of on-screen ones). It would certainly be more Passport-like than they KEYone, but like the Classic, retain its fourth row of keys. Just my two cents worth.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-21-18 07:34 PM
28 12