06-01-17 02:15 PM
340 12345 ...
tools
    It is frustrating in a way. Many of our questions could have been answered with a simple blurb on bbm keyone site. Instead we are finding out through private twitter messages that are shared. This has been a long painful month haha.
    Amen!

I was in one of the many Best Buys here in Phoenix, AZ this morning and they know nothing. Kinda hard to believe i can go back there the day after tomorrow and walk out with one.
    05-29-17 03:08 PM
    Amen!

I was in one of the many Best Buys here in Phoenix, AZ this morning and they know nothing. Kinda hard to believe i can go back there the day after tomorrow and walk out with one.
    I'm wondering if it maybe online only?
    Livermore and lionhearted like this.
    05-29-17 03:15 PM
    Yep that's what I mean lol. Priv will be 2 years old at that point. It's working fine right now. No need to change yet
    Priv came out...early November 2015, right?

So spring of 2018, it'll be a solid 2.5 years old.
    05-29-17 03:20 PM
    The point I'm trying to make is we should have the Carrier info, pre order info and the info to know where the phone will work.. there is NO excuse, it should be clear from BlackBerry.
    Did you see my post about maybe the Summer for the carriers... assuming any besides the specifically mentioned Sprint even choose to sell them?

And if it is the summer, then expect September. If they are earlier, be very surprised.

Joel
    05-29-17 03:35 PM
    how do you know this? I just want to buy an unlocked one on 5/31 that will work on Verizon ... that's it, why don't i know if i can or can't do that 2 days out... i follow steve, crackberry etc... and all i heard was sprint later this year and retailers ?? whatever that means.. no real info..
    05-29-17 04:12 PM
    Verizon is its own set of headaches, apart from all of this.

You can buy an unlocked unit; it will work on LTE, but CDMA is questionable. And features that Verizon micromanages "for your own safety" will probably not work, because it's not a Verizon phone.

The costs of doing business with Verizon Wireless are higher than just the rate plan.
    05-29-17 04:20 PM
    Stop for a second and think about the "info about the KEYone has been provided many times" claim of yours... you saw that post because someone asked and received this answer and then posted it in one thread... without that member asking this, you wouldn't know officially... even in the website there is no information about it neither... other than this post, where else have you seen this in an official channel, as you imply in "many times"?... I don't know about you, but if I have this info available I would post it in my website to spread the word as much as possible, I wouldn't limite it to a post in a random thread at crackberry... that's what the OP is saying, not enough / precise info available just hours away from availability...

And thanks, I will have a great day, as so far... you as well my dear crackberrian!
    The reason GoLeafsGo44 said it's been provided many times is because the person who received the reply from BlackBerry Mobile, Patrick, posted it to /multiple/ threads that questioned where it would be for sale on May 31st. Further, other people on CrackBerry have reposted the screenshot to similar threads. If you're a regular on CrackBerry, you would have seen it, especially if you've gone around complaining that it hasn't been announced.

I just wish people would stop telling the complainers because they'll just continue to complain that it's not on the official site yet. I'd rather have the complainers wait til July, when they predict it'll go on sale. I can then leisurely buy on May 31st without worrying about an out-of-stock situation. I imagine there will be profiteers since people have been buying KEYone's on eBay for $700-$1000 USD (completed sales). That makes a nice margin from the $549 USD price that complainers have said haven't been announced yet.
    05-29-17 04:59 PM
    The reason GoLeafsGo44 said it's been provided many times is because the person who received the reply from BlackBerry Mobile, Patrick, posted it to /multiple/ threads that questioned where it would be for sale on May 31st. Further, other people on CrackBerry have reposted the screenshot to similar threads. If you're a regular on CrackBerry, you would have seen it, especially if you've gone around complaining that it hasn't been announced.

I just wish people would stop telling the complainers because they'll just continue to complain that it's not on the official site yet. I'd rather have the complainers wait til July, when they predict it'll go on sale. I can then leisurely buy on May 31st without worrying about an out-of-stock situation. I imagine there will be profiteers since people have been buying KEYone's on eBay for $700-$1000 USD (completed sales). That makes a nice margin from the $549 USD price that complainers have said haven't been announced yet.
    Having a bad day, are we?

Having been an iPhone devotee from 2007 to 2015, plus a stint with Windows Phone, I'm fairly accustomed to fanboys pouncing on folks who "complain" ... which is fanboy talk for anyone who dares question anything.

I must say complaining about "complainers" has become elevated to an art form around here.

3:30 PM in Phoenix, AZ. Not a peep on Amazon, people at Best Buy know nothing and nothing on their web site, and AT&T local company stores act like "G'wan, don'cha be comin' round here talkin' 'bout no Blackberries".

Unless Blackberry has a rabbit to pull out of their hat come Wednesday, it ain't looking good for 5/31.

And I suppose that explains why mum's the word from BB
    05-29-17 05:37 PM
    Priv came out...early November 2015, right?

So spring of 2018, it'll be a solid 2.5 years old.
    True but I got mine through Verizon so mine will only be 2 to me haha
    05-29-17 05:39 PM
    Amen!

They got a box that said "BlackBerry" on it and threw it into the Electronics Recyle Bin. They thought it was obsolete merchandise from 2007.

LOL.
    Bennett Ragan likes this.
    05-29-17 05:40 PM
    "The KEYone will be in-stock and available to purchase on May 31 here in the U.S., available through different retail channels"

So, I ask again, are DIFFERENT RETAIL CHANNELS places like Bed, Bath and Beyond, Starbucks, McDonalds? Hooters? They would be different!!!
    I'm getting mine at Radio Shack.
    Adam Frix, FF22, phuoc and 2 others like this.
    05-29-17 05:47 PM

I see your point but look at this totally radical approach: think that yes, the info in this private email should be posted at the BlackBerry Mobile website...

At the end, they will do whatever they want... some people would be called complainers because they disagree with the chosen strategy and some others will be called apologists because they don't see anything wrong with their strategy... I guess I am in the complainers wagon because I do think that the online retail stores info where the device will be available for purchase in less than 48h should already be known and posted at their website, and not only in Patrick and his reader's multiple threads...
    05-29-17 05:53 PM
    I see your point but look at this totally radical approach: think that yes, the info in this private email should be posted at the BlackBerry Mobile website...

At the end, they will do whatever they want... some people would be called complainers because they disagree with the chosen strategy and some others will be called apologists because they don't see anything wrong with their strategy... I guess I am in the complainers wagon because I do think that the online retail stores info where the device will be available for purchase in less than 48h should already be known and posted at their website, and not only in Patrick and his reader's multiple threads...
    Anyone who doesn't see anything wrong with the current BBMobile strategy is not improperly being labeled an apologist, they just simply are an apologist. A private email that made its way in front of a few CB users is not an announcement nor was it part of a BBMobile marketing plan to get word out on where potential buyers could get the phone. It's really odd for them to keep quiet like this and unless they make some big splash in the next few hours with an announcement that explains their silence on this issue, then it's a failure on their part.

We're at a point where we are starting to count down to the time of release by hours rather than days, the fact that I don't know the retail channels I can purchase at yet is a failure by BBMobile no matter which way you look at it.

By the way, I'm not complaining about the situation, I'm just commenting on it.
    05-29-17 06:22 PM
    Amen!

Passing through Chicago, stopped in a downtown Best Buy today. They never heard of the phone and have zero idea about availability or even what I was asking about.
    05-29-17 06:31 PM
    Having a bad day, are we?

Having been an iPhone devotee from 2007 to 2015, plus a stint with Windows Phone, I'm fairly accustomed to fanboys pouncing on folks who "complain" ... which is fanboy talk for anyone who dares question anything.

I must say complaining about "complainers" has become elevated to an art form around here.

3:30 PM in Phoenix, AZ. Not a peep on Amazon, people at Best Buy know nothing and nothing on their web site, and AT&T local company stores act like "G'wan, don'cha be comin' round here talkin' 'bout no Blackberries".

Unless Blackberry has a rabbit to pull out of their hat come Wednesday, it ain't looking good for 5/31.

And I suppose that explains why mum's the word from BB
    I'm not sure how "complainers" could be construed as something bad. The words "apologist"/"fanboy" has been thrown around extensively and those that use say it's not derogatory... or is it?

Don't worry about May 31st. The day will pass without a KEYone for you, as you won't be waiting for it. You haven't been told anything. That's fine. You can get it later, in July.
    GoLeafsGo44 likes this.
    05-29-17 06:33 PM
    Anyone who doesn't see anything wrong with the current BBMobile strategy is not improperly being labeled an apologist, they just simply are an apologist. A private email that made its way in front of a few CB users is not an announcement nor was it part of a BBMobile marketing plan to get word out on where potential buyers could get the phone. It's really odd for them to keep quiet like this and unless they make some big splash in the next few hours with an announcement that explains their silence on this issue, then it's a failure on their part.

We're at a point where we are starting to count down to the time of release by hours rather than days, the fact that I don't know the retail channels I can purchase at yet is a failure by BBMobile no matter which way you look at it.

By the way, I'm not complaining about the situation, I'm just commenting on it.
    I am with you there... and as you, I am not complaining but expressing my opinion... and in my view this could have been better, as the communication part... still, sadly we would be labeled as complainers by some crackberrians because we are not only praising the whole thing: device, specs, marketing strategy, communication, font style, name of Mr Cistulli's dog etc...
    KeithDet likes this.
    05-29-17 06:33 PM
    I am with you there... and as you, I am not complaining but expressing my opinion... and in my view this could have been better, as the communication part... still, sadly we would be labeled as complainers by some crackberrians because we are not only praising the whole thing: device, specs, marketing strategy, communication, font style, name of Mr Cistulli's dog etc...
    I hear Cistulli's dog has an Android Passport with 2 rows made specially for dog typing. It's awesome and it's going to bring BlackBerry back from the dead!

Seriously though, I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and have used one for over a decade now. To your point, the people who said the silence in March was weird and questioned the release being on time were ridiculed and then the apologists still found reasons as to why the delay was not BBMobile's fault. I'm sure we see a release on the 31st, but it's a bad sign when a product gets delayed and then when it finally gets released your potential customers are unaware of their option on where to buy it.
    lionhearted and PALoeza like this.
    05-29-17 06:43 PM

Why 48 hours instead of a week or any arbitrary time frame? We've heard from people who wanted the info when it was first announced. At that time, they probably didn't have it. Of course, that doesn't stop people from saying it's a failed strategy.

My guess is that BlackBerry Mobile is completely gun shy about announcing something before it's actually happening. They announced Selfridges after Selfridges. Same with Rogers. Why? They had taken a chance to announce April as the release time frame and it didn't work out, for whatever reason. Some here have pronounced their announcements as not credible, after one delay! Even now, how many continually say that May 31st isn't the release date? Basically, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile waiting for their chickens to hatch.

(If you've followed BlackBerry, the PlayBook had a huge fiasco with BlackBerry announcing many developers only to have apps not appear or severely delayed. Is that a history people want repeated? TCL/BlackBerry Mobile isn't BlackBerry, but as many have said here, it doesn't matter as the name BlackBerry is what people see and associate with.)
    05-29-17 06:50 PM
    What's wrong with being labeled as a "complainer"? "Apologist"/"fanboy" has been thrown around as if it hasn't connoted into something derogatory. If you're going to label people, then accept that people will do the same.

It's fine to criticize but the threads have given /final/ judgements, declaring it a failed strategy even without knowing what the strategy is. If they're after Enterprise users, then why would they bother to advertise to consumers? There are plenty of business-to-business entities that we've never heard of. Why? Because they don't deal with consumers. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile said they're after Enterprise and Prosumers. That's not the average consumer. Again, we're talking about a niche device that the collective consciousness doesn't think about, after years and years of billion dollar marketing that has told them that the screen is everything - Retina, Infinity, etc.
    05-29-17 07:06 PM
    It's 5:00 PM in Phoenix, AZ. I can't see any reason to believe i will be able to go to any local retailer or carrier store and even see a K1, let alone walk out with one. I suppose there's still time for it to go up online somewhere, but ...
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-29-17 07:07 PM
    You clearly are a Crackberry member as are others who have complained about lack of information about U.S. availability on the 31st. This information has been available for a while now. Now that I think about it, OMG the new BMW 8 Series was just announced and I'm so upset with the lack of an official date, why on earth would they show me a picture with no official release date? Info for the KEYone has been provided many times, maybe not the info you want to see but it has been announced with details of where it can be purchased on the 31st.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
    No the information has not been available for a while now. In fact, with the exception of the one email that was posted, the info hasn't been made available at all. If BlackBerry mobile expects everyone who is interested to email them rather then make the information public then they are in trouble.
    KeithDet likes this.
    05-29-17 07:15 PM
    Hopefully we will learn something tomorrow morning. Today is Memorial Day in the States.
    05-29-17 07:17 PM
    It's 5:00 PM in Phoenix, AZ. I can't see any reason to believe i will be able to go to any local retailer or carrier store and even see a K1, let alone walk out with one. I suppose there's still time for it to go up online somewhere, but ...
    If you were the average consumer and you saw a fancy ad on TV for the KEYone, where would you think you would go to see one?

Now, you're in TCL/BlackBerry Mobile's shoes. Carriers have not jumped on board. Do you spend money to advertise for online sales? What percentage of the average consumer base will buy a KEYone without seeing one in person first?
    05-29-17 07:17 PM
    Walked into 2 Att corporate stores today and nobody in the store hasn't even heard of the phone, was just trying my luck.
    05-29-17 07:25 PM
    To make a wild comment, i agree with above comments but this device is not the one to spend a lot of funds on. A good spec slab will benefit from a good sized marketing campaign - will grab the majority.
    05-29-17 07:26 PM
340 12345 ...