06-01-17 02:15 PM
340 ... 1011121314
tools
    People have ordered on Amazon.com because BlackBerry Mobile issued a press release. A press release is a form of communication.
    Are you freaking kidding me??? They said 5/31 and they sold thru them about 3 hours before that. You've got people dying to spend money on this thing and no way to do it. Now I've been pretty patient the whole time but you cannot be serious when you think they've given adequate communication on this.

If more show up tomorrow, cool. But for now I feel bad for the diehards left in the cold.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-31-17 12:31 AM
    People have ordered on Amazon.com because BlackBerry Mobile issued a press release. A press release is a form of communication.
    It's the timing.

And before you say it doesn't make a difference, it does.
    05-31-17 12:34 AM
    Are you freaking kidding me??? They said 5/31 and they sold thru them about 3 hours before that. You've got people dying to spend money on this thing and no way to do it. Now I've been pretty patient the whole time but you cannot be serious when you think they've given adequate communication on this.

If more show up tomorrow, cool. But for now I feel bad for the diehards left in the cold.
    Amazon started selling early. Did Best Buy? Or Canadian carriers?

Some people have been clamoring for a pre-order so that they'd get a leg up on everyone else, leaving other diehards in the cold. Some people ordered two, so they could be assured they'd have at least one. Were they thinking of other diehards?
    05-31-17 12:37 AM
    Amazon started selling early. Did Best Buy? Or Canadian carriers?

Some people have been clamoring for a pre-order so that they'd get a leg up on everyone else, leaving other diehards in the cold. Some people ordered two, so they could be assured they'd have at least one. Were they thinking of other diehards?
    I'm going to bed. Stop drinking, it's late.
    05-31-17 12:38 AM
    It's the timing.

And before you say it doesn't make a difference, it does.
    It doesn't. If they issued a press release on April 27th saying Amazon.com and Best Buy will have it on May 31st, people will still check on May 30th and then onward to May 31st. Some people will be luckier than others and be able to order first. The end result would be the same.
    05-31-17 12:42 AM
    release it online with carriers, at least let potential customers use some carrier specific/account features to procure the product. You can still ship from a TCL warehouse and all carriers have to do is logistically manage the transaction
    That's not how carriers operate. Carriers either carry the phone or they don't. In this case, the carriers (presumably besides Sprint carrying it later this summer) decided not to carry it. There is absolutely NOTHING BB can do about that. They'd have loved carrier support, but the carriers have had very poor sales performance (and a high return rate) with BB phones over the last 5 years, and knowing that this phone is only going to attract a tiny niche of people, they decided it wasn't worth their time and effort to stock another SKU - when they could either have a smaller "menu" of offerings OR carry a phone that has much larger appeal.

Remember: carriers don't CARE about the phones, EXCEPT to the extent that a phone will get people in the stores to sign contracts. The K1 is going to attract very few people, which means carriers have little interest in it.

That isn't TCL's fault - it's BB's fault for missing the market so badly for so long, and destroying their brand image. But TCL has to suffer for it, and this is one of the ways that happens.
    SeanSolo and bluesqueen23 like this.
    05-31-17 01:35 AM
    It doesn't. If they issued a press release on April 27th saying Amazon.com and Best Buy will have it on May 31st, people will still check on May 30th and then onward to May 31st. Some people will be luckier than others and be able to order first. The end result would be the same.
    Seems like it mattered to those who missed the sellout on Amazon. Or those that did try to buy and missed the next day shipping. It's not the end result. It's the treatment of your customers.

I still didn't get any official email from BlackBerryMobile. I just happened to be checking the CrackBerry site forums and lucked out.

It doesn't matter because you say it doesn't? Who are you to tell people what matters to them?
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-31-17 02:27 AM
    Seems like it mattered to those who missed the sellout on Amazon. Or those that did try to buy and missed the next day shipping. It's not the end result. It's the treatment of your customers.

I still didn't get any official email from BlackBerryMobile. I just happened to be checking the CrackBerry site forums and lucked out.

It doesn't matter because you say it doesn't? Who are you to tell people what matters to them?
    If BlackBerry Mobile announced that it would go on sale at Amazon.com on May 31st /months/ ago, those people would still be out of luck because those on CrackBerry got the word first. People here are constantly on the look-out and sharing. That's why a lot of fans are here. Duh.
    05-31-17 02:42 AM
    If BlackBerry Mobile announced that it would go on sale at Amazon.com on May 31st /months/ ago, those people would still be out of luck because those on CrackBerry got the word first. People here are constantly on the look-out and sharing. That's why a lot of fans are here. Duh.
    Didn't they delay it so there's sufficient stock? Even the fans here couldn't get it.

Again, it's not the end result. It's treatment of fans and customers.
    You keep repeating, so will I.

Duh!
    05-31-17 02:47 AM
    Didn't they delay it so there's sufficient stock? Even the fans here couldn't get it.

Again, it's not the end result. It's treatment of fans and customers.
    You keep repeating, so will I.

Duh!
    It's available on Amazon right now.
    05-31-17 02:57 AM
    there are no shipping options other than standard over a week. Its not available they're just taking orders to be fulfilled
    05-31-17 04:43 AM
    I am new to Blackberry. I was able to snag a KeyOne only because I was reading the forum at the time. I still haven't gotten any communication from BBMobile that the phone even exists and is selling today.

I have been an early adopter on a variety of devices, including iPhone, Surface, and Windows Phone - and this launch is amazingly terrible in comparison.

If this is how things have gone with BlackBerry for a long time I'm amazed that any of you are still here.

This is what makes the BlackBerry apologists even more strange. I guess there are diehards are in every tribe.

In other circles, I believe it is called Stockholm Syndrome.
    gallopiton likes this.
    05-31-17 04:54 AM
    We're all adults here. I think we can live our lives and feel however we want about anything we want.

Why do you feel the need to stop people from criticizing a company?

You can praise them and apologize for them all you want. Just as we can criticize and mock them for their actions.

Do you always give unwanted life advice?
    I have no praise or apologies for BlackBerry Mobile. I don't give a darn about them. And I have no problem with people feeling any way they want. But when they try to argue that there irrational feelings are appropriate and logical in a public forum, I am going to push back because it's BS.

When expressing an opinion, it's incumbent on the speaker to make that clear. The usual form is by saying, "In my opinion..." or, "I feel."

If someone says, "This is terrible!" in a declarative manner, then they have opened themselves up to a rebuttal. Is it true that the thing in question is terrible? By what criteria? Is that opinion or fact?

Shouting one's feelings in public without anything interesting to say is, at best, a sign of immaturity, and at worst, pathological.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    cbvinh likes this.
    05-31-17 05:45 AM
    Now that it's actually May 31, the phone is available on Amazon US. It's the bestseller in unlocked cellphones.

05-31-17 05:46 AM
    It is May 31st and still no carrier info. Even though it is available on Amazon and Best Buy they don't have stock. Bush league at its best!
    05-31-17 07:04 AM
    I just checked the Blackberry site and Amazon. Nothing available for CDMA.
    05-31-17 07:31 AM
    It is May 31st and still no carrier info. Even though it is available on Amazon and Best Buy they don't have stock. Bush league at its best!
    Did you not read the announcement on the front page of Crackberry yesterday?

Jeez.

Joel
    05-31-17 09:04 AM
    Did you not read the announcement on the front page of Crackberry yesterday?

Jeez.

Joel
    No ****...What I should have said was there was ample excitement for the availability on May 31st only to find it sold out or not available within 250 miles. On top no carrier availability. It is a total joke.
    05-31-17 09:15 AM
    Now that it's actually May 31, the phone is available on Amazon US. It's the bestseller in unlocked cellphones.

Lol yeah; they sold 50 devices yesterday. Hurray... Just nudging past the Blu phones.
    05-31-17 09:19 AM
    No ****...What I should have said was there was ample excitement for the availability on May 31st only to find it sold out or not available within 250 miles. On top no carrier availability. It is a total joke.
    SMH...

If it's not obvious to you by now that NO CARRIERS ARE INTERESTED RIGHT NOW (except, maybe, Sprint)... then I don't know what else to say. BlackBerry Mobile can't force a carrier to take their phones.

If things change by summer, then we'll hear something.

Simple.

Joel
    05-31-17 09:51 AM
    I have no praise or apologies for BlackBerry Mobile. I don't give a darn about them. And I have no problem with people feeling any way they want. But when they try to argue that there irrational feelings are appropriate and logical in a public forum, I am going to push back because it's BS.

When expressing an opinion, it's incumbent on the speaker to make that clear. The usual form is by saying, "In my opinion..." or, "I feel."

If someone says, "This is terrible!" in a declarative manner, then they have opened themselves up to a rebuttal. Is it true that the thing in question is terrible? By what criteria? Is that opinion or fact?

Shouting one's feelings in public without anything interesting to say is, at best, a sign of immaturity, and at worst, pathological.

The reasons why the launch is terrible are obvious and stated many times. You may not agree but that's still JUST YOUR OPINION TOO.

Here's a hint. You're not holier than anyone else.
    05-31-17 11:03 AM
    The reasons why the launch is terrible are obvious and stated many times. You may not agree but that's still JUST YOUR OPINION TOO.

Here's a hint. You're not holier than anyone else.
    That's the point bb10adopter111 is making. You're stating OPINION, not fact. Repeating your opinion over and over again doesn't make it a fact.

Here's the reality for you:

Q: How did the launch go for you?
    You: Terrible! Worst ever!
    Q: Did you get a KEYone on launch day, delivered?
    You: Yes.

Huh? Some people aren't as fussed and they weren't able to buy.
    05-31-17 02:26 PM
    That's the point bb10adopter111 is making. You're stating OPINION, not fact. Repeating your opinion over and over again doesn't make it a fact.
    That's right. It's my opinion.

Just like it's his opinion. As a matter of fact, it's opinion AND assumptions unless he works for TCL.

The difference is that I'm not telling him to stop it. I'm not giving life advice on what to do and not to do.
    05-31-17 02:42 PM

Here's the reality for you:

Q: How did the launch go for you?
    You: Terrible! Worst ever!
    Q: Did you get a KEYone on launch day, delivered?
    You: Yes.
    I was able to buy due to sheer luck of checking these forums at the right time.
    05-31-17 02:47 PM
    I was able to buy due to sheer luck of checking these forums at the right time.
    Ironically, your constant complaining paid off...
    05-31-17 02:51 PM
340 ... 1011121314