Surely internet message board communications have come so far that typing "IMO" or something of the like is no longer necessary?

If JoeBlogg292 says "The Keyone is crap and the launch is a laughing stock" he doesn't need to write that it's his opinion on the end, it's easy to deduce that's his opinion by virtue of the fact that he posted it? No?

This image taken from Maddox kind of sums up the point
    I would argue that it's as important as ever for people to demonstrate that they actually understand the difference between their opinion and facts. Facts still matter.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-31-17 05:47 PM
    I would argue that it's as important as ever for people to demonstrate that they actually understand the difference between their opinion and facts. Facts still matter.

Okay here is a fact. BlackBerry Mobile just yesterday said CDMA version available unlocked today. Fact. It wasn't.
    Fact, amazon has stated they've never actually had it. All these facts would lead some to believe that this launch is a gong show. No opinion required.

Edit: missed another fact. They also stated it would be available unlocked on amazon.ca in Canada today. Fact. It's not.
    hjc73734 and megafan2000 like this.
    05-31-17 05:50 PM
    Okay here is a fact. BlackBerry Mobile said CDMA version available unlocked today. Fact. It wasn't.
    Fact, amazon has stated they've never actually had it. All these facts would lead some to believe that this launch is a gong show. No opinion required.

Edit: missed another fact. They also stated it would be available unlocked on amazon.ca in Canada today. Fact. It's not.
    I agree 100% that the marketing, sales, distribution and manufacturing of the KEYone are not in sync. That's been clear for a couple of months, since the delay was announced. And it's been confirmed by all available evidence. I'm just not interested in labeling those facts as "fantastic," "adequate" or "terrible," since that's all just personal opinion.

It's not clear to me that BlackBerry Mobile's delays and stock outs are going to have a significant financial cost, as most of the people disappointed by the stock outs are going to buy the phone anyway, and the general public is still not aware of the phone being available.

My personal opinion is that none of this is actually a big deal in terms of BlackBerry Mobile's long term strategy, though it's obviously a very big deal to some passionate BlackBerry fans on these forums.

05-31-17 05:58 PM
    I agree 100% that the marketing, sales, distribution and manufacturing of the KEYone are not in sync. That's been clear for a couple of months, since the delay was announced. And it's been confirmed by all available evidence. I'm just not interested in labeling those facts as "fantastic," "adequate" or "terrible," since that's all just personal opinion.

It's not clear to me that BlackBerry Mobile's delays and stock outs are going to have a significant financial cost, as most of the people disappointed by the stock outs are going to buy the phone anyway, and the general public is still not aware of the phone being available.

My personal opinion is that none of this is actually a big deal in terms of BlackBerry Mobile's long term strategy, though it's obviously a very big deal to some passionate BlackBerry fans on these forums.

Of course making promises they don't keep will affect them.
    05-31-17 06:11 PM
    Of course making promises they don't keep will affect them.
    It depends on the scale. If they've disappointed 100 people, then strategically it will have zero effect. If they've disappointed 1M, then they're in trouble. I suspect we are much closet to the smaller number.

The reality is that TCL has certainly calculated the number of lost sales (people who buy later don't count for that metric) due to stock outs. It's quite likely that they decided that the cost of meeting that demand in terms of inventory risk, distribution and holding costs was greater than the profit lost due to stock outs. If that's the case, it's better business to lose a few sales and make more money.

Put another way, making 100% of customers happy can be a lot less profitable than making 95% of them happy, because the extra cost of the higher service levels can be disproportionate to the benefits.

05-31-17 06:26 PM
    It depends on the scale. If they've disappointed 100 people, then strategically it will have zero effect. If they've disappointed 1M, then they're in trouble. I suspect we are much closet to the smaller number.

The reality is that TCL has certainly calculated the number of lost sales (people who buy later don't count for that metric) due to stock outs. It's quite likely that they decided that the cost of meeting that demand in terms of inventory risk, distribution and holding costs was greater than the profit lost due to stock outs. If that's the case, it's better business to lose a few sales and make more money.

Put another way, making 100% of customers happy can be a lot less profitable than making 95% of them happy, because the extra cost of the higher service levels can be disproportionate to the benefits.

Look around these forums. Do you get the impression that 95% of their potential customers are satisfied? Or is it 100% of their potential customers who were told their variant (CDMA) would be available today are not happy? You can slice it and dice it however you want but the reality is, they likely weren't ready for this launch.
    05-31-17 06:38 PM
    Preordered the CDMA Verizon Version Last Night on Amazon!!!!
    When do you expect to get it?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    05-31-17 06:43 PM
    I created this thread, because I was upset at the roll out, the lack of communication for preorders and US Carriers; All i wanted to know was can i buy the unlocked phone and use it on Verizon, and two days out I didn't think it was asking for too much as a consumer. ... it was to vent, why else would a grown man, first off; log on to a crackberry site and post on a forum .. lol ... i remember 7 years ago writing blackberry about making a phone like this ... so to see it coming,... i guess I got too excited...
    05-31-17 06:52 PM
    Look around these forums. Do you get the impression that 95% of their potential customers are satisfied? Or is it 100% of their potential customers who were told their variant (CDMA) would be available today are not happy? You can slice it and dice it however you want but the reality is, they likely weren't ready for this launch.
    Clearly they weren't ready. The question is whether it matters in the long run. All of this is on such a small scale that I just don't think it will matter, assuming that the KEYone (GSA and CDMA) or a successor become generally available and be of high quality.

If BlackBerry Mobile never builds enough phones or builds defective ones, then the quiet launch with stock outs won't be the problem!

05-31-17 07:06 PM
    I thought by Friday or Saturday with 2 day Amazon Prime ... um... they didn't ship yet... so I don't know what's going on .. :-/
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    05-31-17 09:27 PM
    When do you expect to get it?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    I thought by Friday or Saturday with 2 day Amazon Prime ... um... they didn't ship yet... so I don't know what's going on .. :-/
    05-31-17 09:29 PM
    I just checked the Blackberry site and Amazon. Nothing available for CDMA.
    I received an email from Blackberry yesterday evening that the CDMA version was on Amazon. Within seconds I went to the site and it was temporarily out of stock. I ordered anyhow since the seller was Amazon. I'm pretty sure they will fill the orders as quickly as possible.

The fulfillment of orders is a bit of a disappointment. Maybe...demand for this new Blackberry is just that high that they were caught by surprise.
    06-01-17 06:57 AM
    BlackBerry hit a multi-year high today, and TCL is at a 52-week high, so the markets obviously agree that the KEYone launch is a DISASTER.

;-)

06-01-17 10:51 AM
    BlackBerry hit a multi-year high today, and TCL is at a 52-week high, so the markets obviously agree that the KEYone launch is a DISASTER.

;-)

Was your opinion based on any facts?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/black...lyst-note.html

Not related to the launch, keyone, phones or TCL.
    ray689 likes this.
    06-01-17 01:09 PM
    Yep that's what I mean lol. Priv will be 2 years old at that point. It's working fine right now. No need to change yet
    Two and one-half years to be precise,
    06-01-17 02:15 PM
340 ... 121314