Ironically, your constant complaining paid off...
    More like constant checking for updates.
    05-31-17 02:52 PM
    That's right. It's my opinion.

Just like it's his opinion. As a matter of fact, it's opinion AND assumptions unless he works for TCL.

The difference is that I'm not telling him to stop it. I'm not giving life advice on what to do and not to do.
    You weren't asked to stop, just that you should expect push back for stating things as if they're fact, not opinion.
    05-31-17 02:54 PM
    You weren't asked to stop, just that you should expect push back for stating things as if they're fact, not opinion.
    The timeline of events are factual. I've never made anything up and said it's fact. Prove it.

Here's a quick hint. Focus on the actionable items in life. It's more productive...
    Posted with my trusty Z10
    I'd say this is suggesting me (and others) to stop. As if one's opinion is more valid that the other. A holier than thou attitude. Oh please!
    05-31-17 03:04 PM
    The timeline of events are factual. I've never made anything up and said it's fact. Prove it.

I'd say this is suggesting me (and others) to stop. As if one's opinion is more valid that the other. A holier than thou attitude. Oh please!
    Which part of the timeline are you referring to? The constant complaint that the KEYone has been in production for ages, based on leaked info and not official press releases?

"Here's a quick hint." <--- note the phrasing. It doesn't say "stop complaining". Unlike, "This launch is terrible" instead of "In my opinion, this launch is terrible." Get it?
    05-31-17 03:26 PM
    Which part of the timeline are you referring to? The constant complaint that the KEYone has been in production for ages, based on leaked info and not official press releases?

"Here's a quick hint." <--- note the phrasing. It doesn't say "stop complaining". Unlike, "This launch is terrible" instead of "In my opinion, this launch is terrible." Get it?
    Whatever man. you and Bb10adapter need to get over yourselves.

I'm not going to continue talking to people who don't have a full deck upstairs.

You think you're doing TCL/BBMob a favor by defending them like this? You are not.
    05-31-17 03:36 PM

I'm not going to continue talking to people who don't have a full deck upstairs.

You think you're doing TCL/BBMob a favor by defending them like this? You are not.
    People just seem to not be willing to admit any sort of fault with this whole process.
    And guess what....THIS LAUNCH HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.
    hjc73734 and megafan2000 like this.
    05-31-17 03:41 PM

You think /you're/ doing them a favor by ranting all the time? Talk about a "holier than thou" mentality.
    05-31-17 03:42 PM
    People just seem to not be willing to admit any sort of fault with this whole process.
    Ooo... caps! It must be true!

Sure, they could have done some things better, but the expectations were ridiculous. They put out a phone in five months (licensing, finishing design, ordering parts, gearing up assembly line, to finished retail) and some people expect execution on par with Apple and Samsung.
    05-31-17 03:47 PM
    Ooo... caps! It must be true!

Sure, they could have done some things better, but the expectations were ridiculous. They put out a phone in five months (licensing, finishing design, ordering parts, gearing up assembly line, to finished retail) and some people expect execution on par with Apple and Samsung.
    lol relax. The caps was just to highlight that I didn't use "in my opinion" that you two seem to be arguing about.
    By the way, was that your opinion that the expectations were ridiculous or a fact?
    05-31-17 03:49 PM
    You think /you're/ doing them a favor by ranting all the time? Talk about a "holier than thou" mentality.
    that makes no sense.

a sane person would not equate complaining about a company to doing them a favor.

but defending a company would be considered doing so.

but that's just my opinion.
    05-31-17 03:50 PM
    lol relax. The caps was just to highlight that I didn't use "in my opinion" that you two seem to be arguing about.
    By the way, was that your opinion that the expectations were ridiculous or a fact?
    Touche. In my opinion, expectations were ridiculous to some and those few broadcasted their opinion as if it was fact. As for the five months part, that's fact.
    05-31-17 04:01 PM

So, because I prefer civil, objective communications between adults, I'm an apologist for BlackBerry Mobile. I don't give a hoot about them? I'm just tired of listening to children scream that they can't have the toys they feel entitled to.

05-31-17 04:04 PM
    So, because I prefer civil, objective communications between adults, I'm an apologist for BlackBerry Mobile. I don't give a hoot about them? I'm just tired of listening to children scream that they can't have the toys they feel entitled to.

LOL "civil adult conversation" followed by name calling. Nice work.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-31-17 04:08 PM
    ...... apologist.........

SHHHHHHHHHHHH. You said the forbidden word. Shame on you.

It's more polite to call yourself "a person who apologizes".
    05-31-17 04:09 PM
    If he's not already being paid by TCL, he should be, based on the amount of time he spends on here defending them.
    05-31-17 04:09 PM
    ...in your opinion. My opinion is that it's a niche product with limited supply and over weighted diffuse demand at launch. That's a classic distribution problem, because filling all the channels carries unacceptable inventory risk, but not filling the channels leads to a lower level of service, which is what we're seeing.

That's also probably the reason for the quiet launch. It's better to sell a few thousand a day for 60 days than to sell 200,000 at once and then stock out for 30 days.

This is why it's so hard to support a niche market, even if there is sufficient aggregate demand. The demand d is too spread out in space and time to service properly in a cost-effective manner.

That's not an apology. It's just math.

cbvinh likes this.
    05-31-17 04:12 PM
    ...in your opinion. My opinion.................

That's not an apology. It's just math.

Can mathematics be an opinion? LOL
    05-31-17 04:15 PM
    If he's not already being paid by TCL, he should be, based on the amount of time he spends on here defending them.
    Oh, should I be expecting a free KEYone then? What do you get for complaining? What drives you to start new rant threads and spend a lot of time here yourself?
    05-31-17 04:17 PM
    THIS LAUNCH HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.
    ^^^ This pretty much sums it up.

Bob
    megafan2000 and Mike-Mike like this.
    05-31-17 04:19 PM
    Oh, should I be expecting a free KEYone then? What do you get for complaining? What drives you to start new rant threads and spend a lot of time here yourself?
    Oh, I'm just a foot-stomping milennial child who likes to go on the internet to whine and scream "I want it now!" I clearly don't understand the nuances of a sophisticated and smart business like BB Mobile.
    05-31-17 04:39 PM
    Oh, I'm just a foot-stomping milennial child who likes to go on the internet to whine and scream "I want it now!" I clearly don't understand the nuances of a sophisticated and smart business like BB Mobile.
    Sarcasm aside, what's driving you to start new rant threads and spend a lot of time here? I've already admitted that I've spent a lot of time responding to you specifically. If you tell me that it's to help BlackBerry Mobile, then you and hjc73734 need to discuss what is sane.
    05-31-17 04:48 PM
    Preordered the CDMA Verizon Version Last Night on Amazon!!!!
    05-31-17 04:52 PM
    Sarcasm aside, what's driving you to start new rant threads and spend a lot of time here? I've already admitted that I've spent a lot of time responding to you specifically. If you tell me that it's to help BlackBerry Mobile, then you and hjc73734 need to discuss what is sane.
    You won't hear from me for a while.

I just got my KEYone.
    dollface likes this.
    05-31-17 05:02 PM
    You won't hear from me for a while.

I just got my KEYone.
    Yes, the launch has certainly failed for you.

Congrats!
    05-31-17 05:06 PM
    When expressing an opinion, it's incumbent on the speaker to make that clear. The usual form is by saying, "In my opinion..." or, "I feel."

If someone says, "This is terrible!" in a declarative manner, then they have opened themselves up to a rebuttal. Is it true that the thing in question is terrible? By what criteria? Is that opinion or fact?
    Surely internet message board communications have come so far that typing "IMO" or something of the like is no longer necessary?

If JoeBlogg292 says "The Keyone is crap and the launch is a laughing stock" he doesn't need to write that it's his opinion on the end, it's easy to deduce that's his opinion by virtue of the fact that he posted it? No?

This image taken from Maddox kind of sums up the point
    Attached Thumbnails 2 days out NO US Carrier info or Preorder info TERRIBLE!!!-image.gif  
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-31-17 05:15 PM
340 ... 11121314