HTC has had a "preorder" on Amazon for over two weeks and the new U11 is not even released until June 6 - a week from today. The basic question is : Why can't Blackberry Mobile get their communications and ordering act together??? At least (I hope) Digital River is not involved in US distribution- they made previous HTC and Blackberry phones a VERY unfriendly buying process...
    megafan2000 and compuboy04 like this.
    05-30-17 12:27 PM
    These are two incessant tantrums I've seen consistently over time during every release:

1) I want to know their plans, I need info now even before they have any phones available!! This is why I moved on and bought an iPhone.

2) Why are they making announcements before having phones available?!! This is why I moved on and bought an iPhone.

Sometimes both personalities are from the same person.
    05-30-17 01:01 PM
    I didn't want to start another thread for this, so I'll just ask what are the pros and cons to having an unlocked phone vs a carrier phone? Does an unlocked phone not have the same reception or functionality in any way?
    05-30-17 01:04 PM
    I didn't want to start another thread for this, so I'll just ask what are the pros and cons to having an unlocked phone vs a carrier phone? Does an unlocked phone not have the same reception or functionality in any way?
    Unlocked: os, get the update faster
    05-30-17 01:05 PM
    For me on T-Mobile, I buy unlocked because they often do not have BlackBerry phones for sale.
    05-30-17 01:14 PM
    Unlocked: os, get the update faster
    that's not always true, it used to be, but most recently Samsung unlocked phones were getting the update after the carrier version, i think the same thing happened with the Moto Z line
    05-30-17 01:17 PM
    that's not always true, it used to be, but most recently Samsung unlocked phones were getting the update after the carrier version, i think the same thing happened with the Moto Z line
    Ah ok
    05-30-17 01:18 PM
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on an unlocked K1 tomorrow, but not knowing if it will work on Verizon's network is a big concern. CSR (manager) at my local Verizon had knowledge of the K1 and its band specifications but would not guarantee acceptance on the network.

Verizon's bands are right there on the specs page. https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/specifications.php

Could Verizon give you a hard time activating a phone that works on their system? There is a decent track record for that, but that really isn't BlackBerryMobile's problem. (they have done that to previous all-network, unlocked Nexus phones in the past. ) If BBMobile have run the phone through Verizon's certification maze then that is all they needed to do..... whether Verizon wants to play dumb and kneecap it is really out of their control.

If Verizon is being a jerk there is little to no upside in BBMobile pointing that out publicly ahead of time.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    05-30-17 01:21 PM
    Not sure if this will help or not, I couldn't see any release date or purchasing info from the picture:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12895783
    05-30-17 01:35 PM
    Guys,

C'mon now... Here's the simple math. They only made 10 of these. They gave 8 of them to CBK so he could make his cool countdown pictures. They had to give one to that Steve guy who is like you know, the big phone guy. Now they only have 1 left. That's what's really going on here.

I said it before, I'll say it again. US will never see this phone on display or available to buy B&M at any carrier or retail.

Restore Customer Faith... - Oh please. There are only a couple hundred of us freaks out there. The rest of the world is pointing and laughing like we came to school in our underwear.

That being said. I might just buy this phone. After all I still whip out my 9810 just to show em who's boss. Of course there are 2 flip phone users in my office (of 4 people). Ah, time for the nursing home.

Roveer
    Flatman, hjc73734, JonCBK and 1 others like this.
    05-30-17 01:58 PM
    OP,
    They did say the 31st availability, not the day prior. get a grip and stop posting negative **** before the official launch day.
    This!!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 01:59 PM
    Come on, answering a question with a question?

It's WHEN they announce thats bugging everyone. Its a day away. Everything should be in place. There's no need to be "certain". If distribution isn't in place by now it ain't going to be ready by May 31st.

That email is not official information. For all we know it could be fake. Is that how they want to have their news spread? Inexcusable!
    What difference would it make? If they announced months ahead, days ahead or on the day of, all those who want the KEYone "for sure" will be on top of it, whether that means being already parked on the website or checking first thing in the morning or at midnight, etc.

Why isn't the email official? Are you saying the poster faked it? You could always email them yourself.
    05-30-17 02:17 PM
    OP,
    They did say the 31st availability, not the day prior. get a grip and stop posting negative **** before the official launch day.
    Yes we are all aware that the launch is on the 31st. No one is saying it's not or complaining (anymore) about when the phone is being launched.

People are upset that there is no indication of WHERE they can buy this phone or what bands the phone will work on.

Anyone defending this **** poor execution by BlackBerry mobile has their head in the clouds. No one is asking for some great marketing blitz or ad campaign. They'd just like to know outside of the day of where they can buy the phone and if it will be compatible with their network. I don't think that's too much to ask.

There are three options here. Either the phone isn't going to be released tomorrow; The phone will be released but in small quantities so TCL and BlackBerry are keeping quiet about it and realize that many people won't be able to buy it; or the phone will go on mass sale tomorrow and BB/TCL doesn't have their act together enough to let those who pre-register know where they can buy the device and if it will be compatible with their network.

Whatever the case is, I don't see how anyone can defend this release as its pretty poor execution on their part. Yes this is very small in the scheme of life, but this is a BB forum so this is what we are talking about.
    05-30-17 02:37 PM
    I read on Blackberry mobile the Keyone will work on Att and Verizon there is not a specific Verizon phone.
    05-30-17 03:03 PM
    They said in February that there would be no US carriers at the time the phone is released but that Sprint would carry the phone later in the summer.

Nothing has changed. LOL

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-30-17 03:06 PM
    I'm glad that I can get it carrier unlocked.
    05-30-17 03:09 PM
    I'm glad that I can get it carrier unlocked.
    Same. My experience with carrier-locked phones have all been horrible, whether it's delayed updates or massive amounts of bloatware that can't even be disabled.
    05-30-17 03:20 PM
    What difference would it make? If they announced months ahead, days ahead or on the day of, all those who want the KEYone "for sure" will be on top of it, whether that means being already parked on the website or checking first thing in the morning or at midnight, etc.

Why isn't the email official? Are you saying the poster faked it? You could always email them yourself.
    Obviously it matters to potential customers like those of us here. It's called customer care and respect. What's the point of the pre register then? Please explain?

A posted email from another user is NOT officially released information. It's meant to be one on one communications between sender and receiver. How anyone can argue that is beyond me. We pretty much asked for the same email when we pre registered.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-30-17 03:59 PM
    Same. My experience with carrier-locked phones have all been horrible, whether it's delayed updates or massive amounts of bloatware that can't even be disabled.
    I have had horrible experiences with sales people at the T-Mobile store, so I tend to avoid going near there.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-30-17 03:59 PM
    Guys,

C'mon now... Here's the simple math. They only made 10 of these. They gave 8 of them to CBK so he could make his cool countdown pictures. They had to give one to that Steve guy

Restore Customer Faith... - Oh please. There are only a couple hundred of us freaks out there. The rest of the world is pointing and laughing like we came to school in our underwear.

Roveer
    LOL. So true.

That's why TCL is treating us like crap. The whole KEYone thing was done as a favor for John Chen since he "promised the fans" this phone.
    05-30-17 04:22 PM
    It is a shame that 2 days out, the US doesn't know any pre order or any Carrier info. I want to order it in the 31st, but want to know will it work on Verizon ... Terrible US Launch!!!!
    Let me help a little. AT&T of which I am a large corporate client/user, at the moment has no plans to carry the keyone. I did ask our corporate rep, since we would like a few for testing. Disclaimer: I was told we would have a few as a test but AT&T canceled the shipment/order.

The phone will work in the US, the issues will arise when you are in an AT&T only area. The phone is missing the bands exclusive to them, the same issues for Verizon.

I personally think they will sit out the first rush to see how sales shake out. Let's not forget the big product dump by AT&T (priv).
    05-30-17 04:43 PM
    Let me help a little. AT&T of which I am a large corporate client/user, at the moment has no plans to carry the keyone. I did ask our corporate rep, since we would like a few for testing. Disclaimer: I was told we would have a few as a test but AT&T canceled the shipment/order.

The phone will work in the US, the issues will arise when you are in an AT&T only area. The phone is missing the bands exclusive to them, the same issues for Verizon.

I personally think they will sit out the first rush to see how sales shake out. Let's not forget the big product dump by AT&T (priv).
    WHOA! You mean the K1 to be sold for USA starting tomorrow does NOT have ATT's bands? Please clarify. That might change things completely for me since I am an ATT customer.
    05-30-17 05:04 PM
    WHOA! You mean the K1 to be sold for USA starting tomorrow does NOT have ATT's bands? Please clarify. That might change things completely for me since I am an ATT customer.
    I think he's referring to the European version.
    05-30-17 05:23 PM
    The official, Official announcement for U.S. out now. Everyone happy now?
    dollface likes this.
    05-30-17 05:36 PM

The BBB100-1, which is the North American GSM version has all the band's that AT&T uses. As long as it has 2,4,5, and 12/17, you're good to go.

Joel
    dollface likes this.
    05-30-17 05:39 PM
340 ... 678910 ...