Right on that one.
    Retail channel in USA for now amazon and Bestbuy. Later Sprint during summer
    Again, you only know that because someone posted an email in here. BlackBerry mobile has yet to state that on their website or publicly. So unless someone happened to be in these forums they have no clue. All BlackBerry has said to this point is unlocked on May 31 and Sprint later in the summer.
    KeithDet likes this.
    05-29-17 09:53 PM
    Don't forget Victorias Secret

Posted via CB10
    Dude. This proves this forum is a total sausage fest.
    05-29-17 09:54 PM
    I'm in Canada and likely on Sasktel because that was announced. Still doesn't change the fact that not giving info on the retail channels in the US is the right approach. And at this point, you can't say it's because they still aren't sure or waiting on retail partners because devices would be shipping out already as the logistics involved would require more then a day.
    When did BlackBerry Mobile announce for Canada? Do you remember how that went down?

They know who they shipped the devices to. Now they just need to wait for Amazon and Best Buy to put them up for sale, then announce.
    05-29-17 09:54 PM
    Again, you only know that because someone posted an email in here. BlackBerry mobile has yet to state that on their website or publicly. So unless someone happened to be in these forums they have no clue. All BlackBerry has said to this point is unlocked on May 31 and Sprint later in the summer.
    Right on that too. you want it on their web. Well that is not happening yet until the retailer show up..
    05-29-17 09:56 PM
    When did BlackBerry Mobile announce for Canada? Do you remember how that went down?

They know who they shipped the devices to. Now they just need to wait for Amazon and Best Buy to put them up for sale, then announce.
    Yes actually they did announce it. They tweeted it and it was reported on the front page of most tech sites because the info came from BlackBerry mobile themselves. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove here but if you believe that 2 days before a device is available that the manufacturer has no clue where or won't advise their customer of where is okay then there is no point in further discussion.
    05-29-17 09:57 PM
    Or TCL is hoping those retailer would do the advertisement
    05-29-17 09:59 PM
    Right on that too. you want it on their web. Well that is not happening yet until the retailer show up..
    Show up for what? There is one day left now so if a retailer hasn't showed up yet then good luck ordering on Wednesday.
    05-29-17 09:59 PM
    Show up for what? There is one day left now so if a retailer hasn't showed up yet then good luck ordering on Wednesday.
    I know it is uncommon practice and bad but it is what it is
    05-29-17 10:00 PM
    Or TCL is hoping those retailer would do the advertisement
    Advising people via Twitter or CB (since they now finance it) doesn't require any sort of advertising revenue.
    05-29-17 10:00 PM
    I know it is uncommon practice and bad but it is what it is
    That's all I'm saying. It's bad. Not sure why you are arguing if you agree.
    05-29-17 10:01 PM
    Advising people via Twitter or CB (since they now finance it) doesn't require any sort of advertising revenue.
    I meant for retailer to do some sort of advertising through different channel
    05-29-17 10:02 PM
    I doubt it though
    05-29-17 10:03 PM
    I meant for retailer to do some sort of advertising through different channel
    I don't disagree there and I'm sure BlackBerry mobile would love that. But with that said, not sure how that translates into not revealing who those retailers are.
    05-29-17 10:03 PM
    Why 48 hours instead of a week or any arbitrary time frame? We've heard from people who wanted the info when it was first announced. At that time, they probably didn't have it. Of course, that doesn't stop people from saying it's a failed strategy.

My guess is that BlackBerry Mobile is completely gun shy about announcing something before it's actually happening. They announced Selfridges after Selfridges. Same with Rogers. Why? They had taken a chance to announce April as the release time frame and it didn't work out, for whatever reason. Some here have pronounced their announcements as not credible, after one delay! Even now, how many continually say that May 31st isn't the release date? Basically, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile waiting for their chickens to hatch.

(If you've followed BlackBerry, the PlayBook had a huge fiasco with BlackBerry announcing many developers only to have apps not appear or severely delayed. Is that a history people want repeated? TCL/BlackBerry Mobile isn't BlackBerry, but as many have said here, it doesn't matter as the name BlackBerry is what people see and associate with.)
    completely agree. They're treading gently and planning ahead to avoid more uproar from BB diehards (pretty much anyone also on Crackberry). I would not be surprised if they have someone going through the KEYone forums to gauge interest, (dis)satisfaction, concerns, etc. Its frustrating because it feels like we're being teased along until we get a formal announcement, but it makes sense on their part: they won't announce anything until its certain and unlikely to change. I'd rather not cause a ruckus in the lion's den.
    05-29-17 10:04 PM
    I don't disagree there and I'm sure BlackBerry mobile would love that. But with that said, not sure how that translates into not revealing who those retailers are.
    Maybe cbvinh is right, they might wait for retailer to say it first in USA. Or they have next to no one in the states. Only them knows

I agree with you. Bad business
    05-29-17 10:08 PM
    It has not been announced (retail channels). Someone posting their email on here does not constitute an announcement.
    Yes it has. See you on the 31st. Jeez everyone needs to relax it's coming.
    05-29-17 10:10 PM
    Yes it has. See you on the 31st. Jeez everyone needs to relax it's coming.
    I was talking about where to get it from in the US. Not disputing the 31st. Reading, it's a wonderful thing.
    05-29-17 10:14 PM
    The where is AMAZON AND BEST BUY.
    05-29-17 10:16 PM
    ^^^^^^what he said. Only there for now
    05-29-17 10:18 PM
    The where is AMAZON AND BEST BUY.
    I know that and you know that simply because someone posted an email. You act as though it common knowledge to anyone who isn't in everyone of of these threads lol. Kind of missing the whole discussion here but okay.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-29-17 10:19 PM
    My take on this is simple. BlackBerry Mobile announced that the KEYone goes on sale in the US on May 31st. I expect to see sale information on the 31st. Wednesday. How is it a failed launch if we don't hear anything before then?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 10:21 PM
    Lol, we better let go
    05-29-17 10:22 PM
    I know that and you know that simply because someone posted an email. You act as though it common knowledge to anyone who isn't in everyone of of these threads lol. Kind of missing the whole discussion here but okay.
    It was in a tweet, too. They will not do a massive launch into US carrier stores until consumer faith has been restored. These buyers simply can't take the risk on a niche product with a rabid fan base. One Plus has done really well as an "underground" handset manufacturer and TCL can, too.

Believe me, when there's significant demand you'll see the marketing muscle and retail presence in full force. (I do this for a living)
    05-29-17 10:24 PM
    It was in a tweet, too. They will not do a massive launch into US carrier stores until consumer faith has been restored. These buyers simply can't take the risk on a niche product with a rabid fan base. One Plus has done really well as an "underground" handset manufacturer and TCL can, too.

Believe me, when there's significant demand you'll see the marketing muscle and retail presence in full force. (I do this for a living)
    It was never in a tweet about amazon and best buy. If it was, it would be a front page article on CB.
    I do agree with the rest of your points.
    05-29-17 10:26 PM
    So will it be available 1 minute past midnight or.....?

Waiting to buy my K1
    SeanSolo and lionhearted like this.
    05-29-17 10:31 PM
340 ... 34567 ...