Walked into 2 Att corporate stores today and nobody in the store hasn't even heard of the phone, was just trying my luck.
    There is a CrackBerrian that has relatives that are managers at T-Mobile and AT&T. He said T-Mobile relative said "yes". AT&T said "no". Maybe just check T-Mobile instead.
    05-29-17 07:40 PM
    what do you mean? i was thinking of switching from verizon to tmobile in conjunction with the KEYone release. Can you elaborate. I didn't quite understand
    05-29-17 07:41 PM
    I'm getting mine at Radio Shack.
    I just noticed the "store closing" sign in a local Radio Shack. Are they all closing? Radio Shack finally gone?
    05-29-17 07:43 PM
    Maybe, as none of them anymore in canada
    05-29-17 07:46 PM
    I just noticed the "store closing" sign in a local Radio Shack. Are they all closing? Radio Shack finally gone?
    just for fun, I did a store locator search on their site. Still some stores open. But dunno if they're going to remain open.
    05-29-17 07:50 PM
    If you were the average consumer and you saw a fancy ad on TV for the KEYone, where would you think you would go to see one?

Now, you're in TCL/BlackBerry Mobile's shoes. Carriers have not jumped on board. Do you spend money to advertise for online sales? What percentage of the average consumer base will buy a KEYone without seeing one in person first?
    Hold on there, Baba Looey, No one is calling for TV ads (altho they often DO tell you where to buy). But how can it be smart to make NO information available about where to see and buy your phone in the USA's biggest cities?

Look, no one - not Best Buy or AT&T - has any idea this is coming in a day and a half. Wouldn't you expect them to do some in store staff training, or receive display materials, or SOMETHING? Ditto online. C'mon, it seems pretty obvious they're gonna miss 5/31.
    dollface likes this.
    05-29-17 07:56 PM
    what do you mean? i was thinking of switching from verizon to tmobile in conjunction with the KEYone release. Can you elaborate. I didn't quite understand
    Are you referring to T-Mobile getting it and not AT&T? The CrackBerrian said he had checked with his relatives and said T-Mobile will be selling it, but not AT&T. He didn't indicate whether sales will be online only or in-store.

Along with that, it's already been confirmed that the KEYone works with Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile, which means T-Mobile is aware of the device. This is from a user who bought the U.K. version of the KEYone, through Selfridges, and had it shipped to the U.S. Bla1ze has also confirmed Wi-Fi Calling on T-Mobile.

If you're going to get the KEYone and don't need to pay for it on a payment plan, then consider buying it outright, factory unlocked, through Amazon or Best Buy.
    05-29-17 08:04 PM
    Hold on there, Baba Looey, No one is calling for TV ads (altho they often DO tell you where to buy). But how can it be smart to make NO information available about where to see and buy your phone in the USA's biggest cities?

Look, no one - not Best Buy or AT&T - has any idea this is coming in a day and a half. Wouldn't you expect them to do some in store staff training, or receive display materials, or SOMETHING? Ditto online. C'mon, it seems pretty obvious they're gonna miss 5/31.
    Like I speculated earlier in this thread, they've been burned by announcing things before it's actually happening. They'll probably wait til it's actually happening, after their retail partners announce/confirm.

AT&T is probably a "no" given what another CrackBerrian has found out.

Best Buy might be online only, as was done with many BB10 devices. Look at their current offering, all Standard Shipping, pickup after ship to store, or Sold Out.
    05-29-17 08:12 PM
    Like I speculated earlier in this thread, they've been burned by announcing things before it's actually happening. They'll probably wait til it's actually happening, after their retail partners announce/confirm.
    Less than 2 days away and they haven't heard back from their retail partners? LMAO!

I think that's a "no thanks" Mr. Cistulli. Just tell us who you got so far.
    05-29-17 08:22 PM
    What's wrong with being labeled as a "complainer"? "Apologist"/"fanboy" has been thrown around as if it hasn't connoted into something derogatory. If you're going to label people, then accept that people will do the same.

It's fine to criticize but the threads have given /final/ judgements, declaring it a failed strategy even without knowing what the strategy is. If they're after Enterprise users, then why would they bother to advertise to consumers? There are plenty of business-to-business entities that we've never heard of. Why? Because they don't deal with consumers. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile said they're after Enterprise and Prosumers. That's not the average consumer. Again, we're talking about a niche device that the collective consciousness doesn't think about, after years and years of billion dollar marketing that has told them that the screen is everything - Retina, Infinity, etc.
    Okay this argument about focus being enterprise which excuses this launch and lack of info is a flawed argument. These business to business entities we haven't heard of also don't send their products out to be reviewed and featured on consumer centric tech sites which they not only back but promote themselves when reviews come out. The device was also revealed at a consumer electronics show. Not to mention that it will be available at carrier stores in some places (Canada) where anyone can just walk in and buy it. Most of those strictly business to business entities you speak of don't just have their products or services handy at your local carrier store.
    05-29-17 08:31 PM
    Have been rather critical of the launch of this device (and definitely think that communication could have been better), but BlackBerry Mobile will come through on the 31st. Keep the faith.
    05-29-17 08:35 PM
    Okay this argument about focus being enterprise which excuses this launch and lack of info is a flawed argument. These business to business entities we haven't heard of also don't send their products out to be reviewed and featured on consumer centric tech sites which they not only back but promote themselves when reviews come out. The device was also revealed at a consumer electronics show. Not to mention that it will be available at carrier stores in some places (Canada) where anyone can just walk in and buy it. Most of those strictly business to business entities you speak of don't just have their products or services handy at your local carrier store.
    Did you miss the word "Prosumer"?
    05-29-17 08:45 PM
    Did you miss the word "Prosumer"?
    Lol really you're going there hey? Do tell. What exactly is a prosumer to you?
    And by the way, BlackBerry mobile has never used the word Prosumer.
    05-29-17 08:46 PM
    Yes, Radio Shack first filed for bankruptcy in 2015. Their Canadian stores became The Source several years ago and are still operating.
    05-29-17 09:04 PM

What makes you think AT&T is even going to carry it?

Even if they were going to, it's already been said several times that the U.S. carriers won't have it until summer. Summer. Say it slowly three times and maybe it'll stick.

Joel
    05-29-17 09:05 PM
    Lol really you're going there hey? Do tell. What exactly is a prosumer to you?
    You misrepresented what I wrote and only focused on the business-to-business aspect. I'm not bringing up something new. It's in what I originally wrote.

From some BlackBerry Mobile interviews, they said they're focusing on Enterprise and Prosumers.

Prosumer, to me (and perhaps TCL/BlackBerry Mobile), in the phone space, is a consumer who wants features in a phone that a professional/business person would want. Top in those features would be security and utility. Media consumption and game play are at the bottom of the features list.
    05-29-17 09:07 PM
    You misrepresented what I wrote and only focused on the business-to-business aspect. I'm not bringing up something new. It's in what I originally wrote.

From some BlackBerry Mobile interviews, they said they're focusing on Enterprise and Prosumers.

Prosumer, to me (and perhaps TCL/BlackBerry Mobile), in the phone space, is a consumer who wants features in a phone that a professional/business person would want. Top in those features would be security and utility. Media consumption and game play are at the bottom of the features list.
    Like I said, they didn't use the word Prosumer. And sure they did say they wanted to take on Apple and Samsung in the enterprise spaces.
    Now even if the target is this prosumer type looking for productivity and security, where do those people buy their phones? Many buy them at the same place as a consumer would. So regardless of the spin you want to put on it, not having info available on where to purchase 2 days prior to a launch is inexcusable really.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-29-17 09:12 PM
    Like I said, they didn't use the word Prosumer. And sure they did say they wanted to take on Apple and Samsung in the enterprise spaces.
    Now even if the target is this prosumer type looking for productivity and security, where do those people buy their phones? Many buy them at the same place as a consumer would. So regardless of the spin you want to put on it, not having info available on where to purchase 2 days prior to a launch is inexcusable really.
    Like I've speculated earlier, they're going to let their retail partners announce first (if they're the kind of partner that announces things) before announcing to everyone themselves. It's the surest way to be giving out the correct information.

As mentioned, it's Memorial Day in the U.S. They're not going to announce anything today, just like nothing on Saturday or Sunday.
    05-29-17 09:27 PM
    Guys it's been announced chill out. BBY and Amazon on 5/31.
    05-29-17 09:36 PM
    Guys it's been announced chill out. BBY and Amazon on 5/31.
    It has not been announced (retail channels). Someone posting their email on here does not constitute an announcement.
    05-29-17 09:37 PM
    It has not been announced (retail channels). Someone posting their email on here does not constitute an announcement.
    When and where will you be buying one?
    05-29-17 09:44 PM
    Was told by custilli's tweet
    05-29-17 09:47 PM
    When and where will you be buying one?
    I'm in Canada and likely on Sasktel because that was announced. Still doesn't change the fact that not giving info on the retail channels in the US is the right approach. And at this point, you can't say it's because they still aren't sure or waiting on retail partners because devices would be shipping out already as the logistics involved would require more then a day.
    KeithDet likes this.
    05-29-17 09:47 PM
    Was told by custilli's tweet
    It was told it was coming through retail channels. Not which channels and how to order or anything of actual importance.
    bluesqueen23 and KeithDet like this.
    05-29-17 09:49 PM
    It was told it was coming through retail channels. Not which channels and how to order or anything of actual importance.
    Right on that one.
    Retail channel in USA for now amazon and Bestbuy. Later Sprint during summer
    05-29-17 09:51 PM
340 ... 23456 ...