08-17-17 11:44 AM
164 ... 567
tools
    My keyone is pretty fast. Anyone who says it's too slow or lagging is doing something wrong or lying.
    08-17-17 01:51 AM
    I find it quite bizarre how our views of the K1 vary so much from total rubbish to brilliant. It seems to me that it's more about expectations and how stressed some people do or don't get. I am totally 100% happy (love the predictive emojis) with mine. The display certainly isn't washed out and I find it clearer and with more accurate colours than my S6. As for visibility outdoors - no comparison - K1 far better. How fast does a phone device need to be? When I press a virtual button or a short cut the requested app or programme pops up straightaway - was it within a milli second of a flagship phone - how would I know and why would I care. I am finding the K1 ownership after five weeks enjoyable, relaxing and a pleasant change from a glass slab. Camera very good - keyboard love it - hub love it - appearance love it and as for the battery - recharge every 48 hours after 6 or 7 hours of screen on time and there's still about 30% left. In that time my wife will have charged her Samsung 3 or 4 times. She plays Candy Crush Saga and hers get hot - I play CCS and mine stays cool . This is my first ever BlackBerry and I can't see it being my last. Very happy with my £449 purchase from CWH (UK).
    08-17-17 02:44 AM
    This 'review' is inconsistent with virtually every professional review out there and virtually all user-experience posts. That's a red flag.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!
    I have over 80 apps installed on mine and it certainly is not laggy at all!
    I think his review is odd as well with quite a few contradictory issues! I don't listen to reviews as they are always biased!
    I base my own personal one and I chose to buy this device because I support BB/TCL/BBmobile and I love the convenience of the PKB!
    08-17-17 03:25 AM
    OP, sorry but I totally disagree.
    08-17-17 07:19 AM
    Thank you for the review. I am thinking of buying it and speed is something that really worries me...
    Never found any issues with lag or anything. Slow? Fastest phone I own.
    08-17-17 09:28 AM
    "I find it quite bizarre how our views of the K1 vary so much from total rubbish to brilliant." there are user skill level difference too... like voilin player, from nicolo paganini to beginners...
    08-17-17 09:48 AM
    I find it quite bizarre how our views of the K1 vary so much from total rubbish to brilliant.
    ^^^ This.

2 days is not much of a sample size OP. Anybody who auto-loaded updates on BB10 knows about crazy battery drain for the first 2-3 days before the device got itself sorted out and hit its stride.

BlackBerry is still relatively new to building Android software, so there will be some internal inefficiencies for sure. But those are offset by other efficiencies that BlackBerry software and pkb brings. Plus, Android is the least consistent, least stable, and most buggy OS (of the big four), so weird things will happen to some devices and not others (which is pretty much unavoidable in such an open and customizable OS... there are always tradeoffs). Is the KeyOne perfect? Nope. But it's a big step in that direction if you love a pkb and want to minimize the tradeoffs.
    08-17-17 10:06 AM
    "I find it quite bizarre how our views of the K1 vary so much from total rubbish to brilliant." there are user skill level difference too... like voilin player, from nicolo paganini to beginners...
    Absolutely - couldn't agree more but even so one highly skilled operator may still have a different opinion to another. Personally I think it's more down to expectations. Granted the screen issue is unacceptable given that attaching a screen to a mobile phone case is hardly new technology and I would be mighty unhappy if mine comes off. That aside there are many complaints that aren't faults at all and some that are App or Sim Card or Carrier induced. There does appear to be a lot of contented owners out there of all competences I'm sure. If I had to choose - I would prefer my screen to detach rather than it set my house on fire. Unless something drastic happens then this is my favoured phone so far. If the worst happens I have a two year warranty and if I had to live without it for a couple of weeks whilst being repaired - that ain't such a big deal - nothing I can't do with a cheap cell phone and my Lap Top.
    08-17-17 10:16 AM
    Thank you for the review. I am thinking of buying it and speed is something that really worries me...
    Coming from Samsung for the last 7 years, the speed of the keyone is on par with my s7. I have zero stutter, or lag. I keep seeing this posted, and it's not accurate. Is it a millisecond slower? I think so from side by side comparisons I have seen. But in the real world it's negligible. My keyone is snappy and bug free. This is my first blackberry ive owned and don't use any of the "blackberry" features. I can care less about that stuff. I wanted an all day battery and a real keyboard. If that's your priority, this phone will not disappoint. I will gladly give up a nano second of speed for that. Which BTW, I don't notice.
    08-17-17 10:38 AM
    For some weird reason i feel like you just wanted to post a negative post. In every phone and review, one can always still find something nice to say about a product regardless of how incompatible it may be with you. Im surprised you did not even mention about Battery life. Which could have been probably the only positive you could say.. Im sorry i forgot.. you used it only for 2 days.
    I agree the device is not the at the level of the Priv I quality of build and feel... the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much faster but runs Nougat so fair comparison is not possible...
    08-17-17 10:42 AM
    ^^^ This.

2 days is not much of a sample size OP. Anybody who auto-loaded updates on BB10 knows about crazy battery drain for the first 2-3 days before the device got itself sorted out and hit its stride.

BlackBerry is still relatively new to building Android software, so there will be some internal inefficiencies for sure. But those are offset by other efficiencies that BlackBerry software and pkb brings. Plus, Android is the least consistent, least stable, and most buggy OS (of the big four), so weird things will happen to some devices and not others (which is pretty much unavoidable in such an open and customizable OS... there are always tradeoffs). Is the KeyOne perfect? Nope. But it's a big step in that direction if you love a pkb and want to minimize the tradeoffs.
    BlackBerry doesn't build Android... whatever they do just lags it
    08-17-17 10:43 AM
    Well, for me the screen on the K1 is not that bad. I didn't see that blur he mentioned.
    Keyboard is great except the capacitive part, but that is probably a software fault that will be fixed in the near future.
    Battery is really good, but as he said, BB software is too heavy, so I'd like to see how much time will it last with a pure Android experience... Probably it will be great!
    Compared to a similar Bq Aquaris X with 3GB RAM and an slightly better 626 chipset the K1 is noticeably slower. Difference is that Bq slab is pure Android (they only install an specific camera software and a pair of support apps) so I bet that K1 will work better as BB software will become more polished in the future. But right know that applications make my Xperia Z5 Compact lag as hell.

About money... I've always thought that K1 is too expensive as you are paying almost 300€ more for a PKB + BB services compared to similar devices with similar construction quality (which I forgot to say it's great on the K1).

The fact is that if you want a phone with PKB, K1 is the best option nowadays. And most of the people don't need a flagship, as most of the people buy midrange phones.
    £300 (or eruo) more? Where the hell do you live? Jesus, if you didn't like it why buy? Talk about haters, why bother posting if you hate the phone so much? I have read quite a few positive reviews that say the opposite that you do. Are you sure you are on the right forum?
    08-17-17 11:21 AM
    1 think I noticed about your post is that you said you used a PRIV. I know if you feel like the Keyone is slow than your Priv should have been a snail.

Don't get me wrong I own a PRIV and it is adequate enough for me. You didnt relate you keyone to the Priv at all even though they both have keyboards which is a little confusing to me.

Every video I have seen shows that the Keyone runs smoother that the Priv so I guess what I'm saying is if you think the Keyone performs this bad, how bad was your Priv then?

This could be a little misleading for someone looking to upgrade to a Keyone from a Priv.
    08-17-17 11:42 AM
    £300 (or eruo) more? Where the hell do you live? Jesus, if you didn't like it why buy? Talk about haters, why bother posting if you hate the phone so much? I have read quite a few positive reviews that say the opposite that you do. Are you sure you are on the right forum?
    I Just wrote my opinion as others did in this forum. I think that K1 is expensive as others think.
    If you (for example) take a look at Bq Aquaris Pro, 32GB, 3GB RAM, SD626 and Samsung cameras it costs 329€ vs 599€ the K1. 260€ more for a keyboard and BlackBerry services.

I'm far from being a BlackBerry hater. I'm posting this from a Priv (285€, bought last month) and I have a 6390, a Q10, a Classic and a Passport SE.
    And please read again my post as I think is mostly positive. I like the K1, but again, is quite expensive. That's why I didn't buy it yet.

Maybe the one that is in the wrong forums is you, as until now one could make some criticisms here at CB.

BR
    08-17-17 11:44 AM
164 ... 567