I got my refund from CPW today - so my BB adventure is over again for another 12 months. Good luck to all who buy it - enjoy the PKB. As much as I disliked it as a £500 Android device it does have a great USP if the PKB is your thing. All the best.
    Asta la Vista baby, and hope your ship never docks back here again! May the Schwartz be with you.
    05-09-17 01:01 PM
    I got my refund from CPW today - so my BB adventure is over again for another 12 months. Good luck to all who buy it - enjoy the PKB. As much as I disliked it as a £500 Android device it does have a great USP if the PKB is your thing. All the best.
    what is your next phone? this? Smartphone with 12GB RAM, 1TB storage unveiled | Gadgets Now
    05-10-17 08:24 AM
    Every review of every device will alw*ys be tinged with subjectivity. That is why CBK's review of anything BlackBerry is very positive. That is why some people cannot see the point of a physical keyboard and others clamor for it.

We all like what we like for different reasons and we all have different preferences and perceptions. Product reviews are usually opinion and should be taken recognizing that fact. This reviewer thinks a feature is the most amazing thing since sliced bread (i.e. the capacitive keyboard) while the next reviewer complains about it.

Read the reviews. But just understand they are opinion. Some are predisposed to denigrate anything by one company or another, some are predisposed to praise. It is best to read, then personally experience a device before you purchase. Then you can get a "feel" if the device will meet your needs better than another.

Years ago Renault released a car in the USA that was a Motor Trend winner. The Alliance...i bought it..1as the worst new car I have ever owned. Bug ridden idle system and pieces started rattling and falling off ( gear shift knob). Thank goodness it was totaled in an accident!
    Your experience may have been different.

Just goes to show you reviews can be misleading.

Here is one for consideration: a review of the KEYone combining three reviews!

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...review-roundup
    Last edited by newcollector; 05-10-17 at 09:37 AM.
    05-10-17 08:50 AM
    Can you provide refund receipt, which can support your hilarious claim?
    05-13-17 02:49 PM
    No performance issues with my Keyone. Screen is fine. Android skin is unobtrusive. Battery is amazing. I have very for problems with my device. My comparison is Samsung Note 5 and ZTE Axon 7 and Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 03:43 PM
    'You hate the launcher.'

That's why you think it's slow.

It's all about the keyboard shortcuts and that universal inbox.

You won't get the most out of a unique device if you judge it/try to use it the same way as everything else.
    05-13-17 05:01 PM
    I find this review it be absurd. The device isn't slow, and you hate the Hub?! Give me a break. Troll.
    05-13-17 05:39 PM
    I find this review it be absurd. The device isn't slow, and you hate the Hub?! Give me a break. Troll.
    And he should provide phone photos plus return receipt
    05-13-17 09:31 PM
    Seems you are questioning CBK credibility, he's definitely a BlackBerry diehard however he did move on like so many because apps for BB10 weren't available. If he said he's overall pleased with the KEYOne then I believe him. I think you've crossed the line Sir.
    Disagree with you. For crossing line
    05-13-17 09:31 PM
    Should've sold the phone to me for the exact price you paid rather than returning it!

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    05-13-17 10:06 PM
    this is the most hated review so far. what about Camera? battery life? voice quality? fingerprint scanner? compact design?

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    oh he won't mention the good stuff off-course, typical troll.
    05-13-17 10:30 PM
    I can't believe how many people are saying that BlackBerry will eventually optimize the software for Android to get it smoother. Ask anyone with a Priv bought from AT&T at launch if things got better, unfortunately they never did.
    The Dtek60 is awesome. Smooth as silk running Android with everything as close to BlackBerry as possible . Superb and fast. The only problem (for me) and the reason I will abandon it is the absence of a pkb.

Point is that the Priv sucked, but that does not mean that BlackBerry devices running Android all suck.
    05-13-17 10:50 PM
    All of the professional reviews state that the phone is a great value , no lag , & the keyboard would be the only deciding factor as it does lag behind In screen and performance . The OP's "review" is very negative and not seen in professional reviews . We shall see soon in the US.
    05-13-17 11:15 PM
    I drive a Mercedes C300 and BMW 5 series, after two days of driving a Honda Accord it just didn't have the pep of my Mercedes and BMW and the ride wasn't as smooth. I think I'll return it, just didn't live up to my C300.
    I don't know why. The Accord has more power than a C300 and is faster to 60. The ride quality also should be on the same level to this base Merc.
    05-13-17 11:54 PM
    I don't know why. The Accord has more power than a C300 and is faster to 60. The ride quality also should be on the same level to this base Merc.
    Disagree!
    05-14-17 03:40 AM
    And that is why we have people going around in CB comparing the PRIV, dtek50, and 60 to the Samsung and apple flagships stating that these BlackBerry's were comparable.
    05-14-17 06:51 AM
    All of the professional reviews state that the phone is a great value , no lag , & the keyboard would be the only deciding factor as it does lag behind In screen and performance . The OP's "review" is very negative and not seen in professional reviews . We shall see soon in the US.
    That's not correct. There are reviews saying the phone does have lag.
    05-14-17 06:53 AM
    Disagree!
    Disagree that it has more power and is faster? Or?
    05-14-17 08:57 AM
    Disagree that it has more power and is faster? Or?
    Ride quality
    05-14-17 08:58 AM
    BTW where this thread is landing ? OP never show up with anything
    05-14-17 09:01 AM
    BTW where this thread is landing ? OP never show up with anything
    He only comes once a year when a new device is released. He then claims he has it, slams it, says he is returning it then leaves until the next device is released...

Rinse, lather, rinse and repeat..
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    05-14-17 09:07 AM
    Ride quality
    Ok, but the entry level Merc C300 is nothing special at all. It's on the same level as any luxury model econobox, aka 17 Accord EX. I definitely know that from experience.

Now, get into the AMG category then you have an argument.
    05-14-17 09:07 AM
    1st impressions after 2 days. I have lots of Android/ios devices and have owned a Z10, Q10 and PRIV in recent years.

Slow. This is a mid range device and feels like it. During setup the lag was insane. Afterwards it's just a normal stuttering android experience circa 2015. The software update was applied soon after initial setup. Normally performance is just about "OK" but every so often it all stops for a few seconds. This isn't ideal at all and is miles off the experience on my Moto Z and my Pixel. It's not unusable nor is it terrible but don't kid yourself that this feels like a high end Android. It doesn't at all.

Keyboard. Hard to say much here. I owned a Pearl and a PRIV. I'm much slower on physical than virtual and 1 handled use is impossible with this thing. YMMV. Scrolling etc is OK in some apps and stutters in others. I also frequently hit the capacative home key which is too close to top of the keyboard. And the auto-correct suggestions are crazy.... Why does it sometimes insert a different word to the one I select?

Screen. Not great. Washed out look and slight blur when scrolling. Better screens don't do this. Most apps work/look fine on this resolution though.

Software. Hate the launcher and the Hub. Rest is fine.

Value for money. Really hard to be objective here and I assume that only die hard keyboard fans would consider this BUT it has barely OK performance now... I cannot imagine how this will perform in 2 years? For the money it should have better specs than this especially with the heavy BB apps and services that run.

I'm returning or selling mine. It's quite simply not a very good Android device. There are far better options if the keyboard isn't your primary concern. I shouldn't have bought it and I should have realized that before buying but maybe this post will be useful to someone else.
    Personally I have to agree! If I my combined a faster CPU with high battery life this device would have knocked others out of the park. A great way to speed Android devices is the disabling screen motion. Go into developer function s and disable animations.This usually fixes that issue.
    05-14-17 10:53 AM
    Maybe he's just a very lonely person... I'm sure he now has as many friends as K1 phones (i.e. 1 imaginary) - always fun this kind of reviewers...
    05-15-17 07:56 AM
    Well, there might be a few things, which are worthy considering:
    1) performance: disable apps, which you don't use. I personally hate Google App, and don't like or use at all plenty of preinstalled junk on every Android phone. There is nothing easier than disabling all of this unused bloatware.
    2) beyond that, there is a genius app in the store, called Greenify. It hibernates selected apps in the background, so they are not running and slow the phone at all. I had been using it on my Xperia Z1 Compact. That phone is still fast enough, if you learn a bit about those things. Simple and effective.

Keyboard surface is terrible, altough, it's hard to swipe on it, and you always have a feeling that as your finger moves, keys are coming out right after your thumbs. It feels extremely cheap (and definively wasn't any expensive part of the shell). Horrible, comparing to all previous BlackBerry keyboards from the BB10 times. Just a bad joke.

Screen is washed out, there is no doubt about it. Colours could be still worse, but generally, it feels like cheapest "Vodafone-branded" phones for 100 euros. The guy who'd chosen this panel must've had really wanted to save each cent on this state-of-art. However, we have to keep in mind, and I admit that, that the screen aspect ratio is far beyond "ordinary", so BlackBerry might have had a problem looking for a supplier.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    05-15-17 10:26 AM
164 ... 4567