Hi all,

As 2 of you took offence to me suggesting that a certain person might have been a little too vitriolic in declaring the amazing performance of his KeyOne when at least 2 of his employees declared the performance on their review units a disaster (this week's AC podcast) until the launch patch.... some of you have very thin skins.

I am running AAK879 which my UK model says is the latest.
    Racing24 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    05-08-17 02:17 PM
    I just wish the review provided some interesting insight from a non-BB/keyboard fan perspective, as titled. It's a pretty generic review, easily pieced together from reading other reviews, in that, if you've read many other reviews, you can pick out the more negative aspects and post it. That's fine, it's not meant to be a glowing review, but I'm not gaining any insight from another perspective.
    05-08-17 04:37 PM
    I drive a Mercedes C300 and BMW 5 series, after two days of driving a Honda Accord it just didn't have the pep of my Mercedes and BMW and the ride wasn't as smooth. I think I'll return it, just didn't live up to my C300.
    05-08-17 06:28 PM
    Agreed totally! This is the first time im hearing about this and most people are saying how fast it is.
    05-08-17 07:12 PM
    I drive a Mercedes C300 and BMW 5 series, after two days of driving a Honda Accord it just didn't have the pep of my Mercedes and BMW and the ride wasn't as smooth. I think I'll return it, just didn't live up to my C300.
    Your response is as wonderful as your username, coming from a Bruins fan.

Posted with my  Classic
    05-08-17 07:19 PM
    I grew up in the 80s when you had to rewind tapes and stuff took 28 days to arrive in the mail, so I can quite happily wait 0.4secs for an app to open.

Anyone who desperately needs to claw back 0.2secs of that has my sympathy
    southlander likes this.
    05-08-17 08:00 PM
    Hi all,

As 2 of you took offence to me suggesting that a certain person might have been a little too vitriolic in declaring the amazing performance of his KeyOne when at least 2 of his employees declared the performance on their review units a disaster (this week's AC podcast) until the launch patch.... some of you have very thin skins.

I am running AAK879 which my UK model says is the latest.
    If only some of us had the same benefit of having a device in hand at the same time.

Having read through the thread, you do seem a half glass empty kind of person, no offence. With a wealth of choice in devices beyond the KeyONE, I'm glad you're able to move on.

In a few weeks the rest of us will have the opportunity for our own hands on experience. IMHO, that's when the real final verdict on the KeyONE will be decided, once it's widely available. Till then... enh.
    05-08-17 08:23 PM
    This guy has never laid a finger on a KeyOne. This is alternative news

Posted via CB10
    raqball and stlabrat like this.
    05-08-17 09:11 PM
    Yeah. This sort of seems familiar with BlackBerry. Always a race against the clock as the first adopters have software issues. I think nowadays will so many good phones which come out so polished, this kind of repeat behavior does not help BlackBerry.

It does not deter me. But lots of people just return something if they have any substantial startup issues.
    I can't believe how many people are saying that BlackBerry will eventually optimize the software for Android to get it smoother. Ask anyone with a Priv bought from AT&T at launch if things got better, unfortunately they never did.
    chain13 and Lobwedgephil like this.
    05-08-17 09:55 PM
    I grew up in the 80s when you had to rewind tapes and stuff took 28 days to arrive in the mail, so I can quite happily wait 0.4secs for an app to open.

Lol. Me too. We take things so much for granted. Good point.
    05-09-17 02:10 AM

It's a matter of principle actually. If it is possible and can- should have- been done better, why don't they (BB/TCL)?
    Would you not throw away your cassette tapes if you can play music on your phone?
    People with low standards have my sympathy.
    05-09-17 02:42 AM
    I can't believe how many people are saying that BlackBerry will eventually optimize the software for Android to get it smoother. Ask anyone with a Priv bought from AT&T at launch if things got better, unfortunately they never did.
    Actually things did get better with Marshmallow. The heat and slow down was improved to an extent where it was usable.

Either ways, since they will be software only company now, they should be fixing these. Let's be optimistic 😉
    05-09-17 03:50 AM

0.4 secs to open an app is not an issue but the app to lose state is. Potentially you may be composing an article or long message and you went on to receive a call or two, when you got back to the original app, your composition is gone.

Now there can be workarounds by saving etc but that's just an example. It could be a game or anything you were in the middle of when you would lose it. That's the danger.

Tbh I have experienced apps reloading but yet have to lose data. That's mainly because I'm being careful. Only time will say. There's an issue and we're just pointing it out, of course we can live with it but there's no denying it doesn't exist.
    05-09-17 03:55 AM
    0.4 secs to open an app is not an issue but the app to lose state is. Potentially you may be composing an article or long message and you went on to receive a call or two, when you got back to the original app, your composition is gone.

Now there can be workarounds by saving etc but that's just an example. It could be a game or anything you were in the middle of when you would lose it. That's the danger.

Tbh I have experienced apps reloading but yet have to lose data. That's mainly because I'm being careful. Only time will say. There's an issue and we're just pointing it out, of course we can live with it but there's no denying it doesn't exist.
    For sure that would be bad. I don't think a phone has ever crashed on me though (touch wood). My Surface Pro 3 on the other hand.....
    05-09-17 04:17 AM
    More and more every day the reviews are getting worse sounds like my laggy Priv! I just hope Blackberry didn't launch another problematic device. I have high hopes for the Keyone and I will wait and play with one before I order one this time.
    05-09-17 08:31 AM
    User says he uses top of the line phones from others. His review is skewed. The other person mentioned someone coming from android, which android? if he came from a s5/s6 for example, the KEYone will be faster. This is all relatives as is all reviews/opinion.
    KEYone is fine and I am coming from a DTEK60/PRIV. There is some stutter but it is far and few in between. Usually when I have Slotomania running in the background. My 6s is a dog with it running in the background as well. If I don't have King's games or slotomania running, the phone is perfectly fine.
    If you are coming from anything but a current High end phone you will not see an issue. Battery life as everyone says is awesome. Pictures wise you can see another thread for the pictures posted from KEYone and determine for yourself. The bokeh on it is pretty nice.
    The phone is responsive and speedy to unlock and basic OS functions are fine. Like any other Android, tweak it to suit your need. Some people turn off hub others rely on it. I use 2 hub, one for work and regular hub. Work hub stutters once in a while. Personal hub never really does.
    05-09-17 08:59 AM
    For some weird reason i feel like you just wanted to post a negative post. In every phone and review, one can always still find something nice to say about a product regardless of how incompatible it may be with you. Im surprised you did not even mention about Battery life. Which could have been probably the only positive you could say.. Im sorry i forgot.. you used it only for 2 days.
    Couldn't agree more lol
    05-09-17 09:11 AM
    I've had the phone for over a week now in the UK and all I can say is I have not problem with the speed of this phone. I've had every phone imaginable over the last 4 years and the speed difference is negligible. I love the phone build, the keyboard is awesome (I've come from classic and passport) and feel the keyboard is better! It just feels more solid! The camera is awesome. I really can't fault the phone. Just get the phone and if it's not for you return it. But it's the best pkb phone money can buy.
    05-09-17 10:52 AM
    1st impressions after 2 days. I have lots of Android/ios devices and have owned a Z10, Q10 and PRIV in recent years.

Slow. This is a mid range device and feels like it. During setup the lag was insane. Afterwards it's just a normal stuttering android experience circa 2015. The software update was applied soon after initial setup. Normally performance is just about "OK" but every so often it all stops for a few seconds. This isn't ideal at all and is miles off the experience on my Moto Z and my Pixel. It's not unusable nor is it terrible but don't kid yourself that this feels like a high end Android. It doesn't at all.

Keyboard. Hard to say much here. I owned a Pearl and a PRIV. I'm much slower on physical than virtual and 1 handled use is impossible with this thing. YMMV. Scrolling etc is OK in some apps and stutters in others. I also frequently hit the capacative home key which is too close to top of the keyboard. And the auto-correct suggestions are crazy.... Why does it sometimes insert a different word to the one I select?

Screen. Not great. Washed out look and slight blur when scrolling. Better screens don't do this. Most apps work/look fine on this resolution though.

Software. Hate the launcher and the Hub. Rest is fine.

Value for money. Really hard to be objective here and I assume that only die hard keyboard fans would consider this BUT it has barely OK performance now... I cannot imagine how this will perform in 2 years? For the money it should have better specs than this especially with the heavy BB apps and services that run.

I'm returning or selling mine. It's quite simply not a very good Android device. There are far better options if the keyboard isn't your primary concern. I shouldn't have bought it and I should have realized that before buying but maybe this post will be useful to someone else.
    You are way off base compared to the majority of PROFESSIONAL reviews that have been posted. This is obviously a biased opinion.
    I use a Google Pixel and DTEK 60 and only see a difference in the camera.
    The KEYone has no reviews about Lag.
    The BlackBerry launcher is actually better than Pixel's.
    05-09-17 11:58 AM
    Oh Gilroy, stop being so dramatic.
    05-09-17 12:17 PM
    These types of reviews should be posted more often. I plan on buying the phone, but the rave reviews in here like this phone is the second coming of all Android phones gets a little ridiculous. Yes this is a BlackBerry fan site, but there should be a little more balance in what people say about this phone. I don't have any doubts that there is going to be some stuttering with this phone. The Priv has better internals and still lags even with the updates they have issued to the Hub. Its just going to be something that you either choose to deal with or not.
    There you go again, sailing against the wind and surfing into the waves just for the heck of it.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    05-09-17 12:26 PM
    I got my refund from CPW today - so my BB adventure is over again for another 12 months. Good luck to all who buy it - enjoy the PKB. As much as I disliked it as a £500 Android device it does have a great USP if the PKB is your thing. All the best.
    newcollector and Motass like this.
    05-09-17 12:31 PM
    I don't think the OP ever even had it.....
    05-09-17 12:32 PM
    I got my refund from CPW today - so my BB adventure is over again for another 12 months. Good luck to all who buy it - enjoy the PKB. As much as I disliked it as a £500 Android device it does have a great USP if the PKB is your thing. All the best.
    Wheres the pictures of the phone?
    05-09-17 12:37 PM
    Wheres the pictures of the phone?
    He will be back in 12 months to tell us how terrible the KEYtwo is.. LOLOL
    05-09-17 12:43 PM
164 ... 34567