Got chatting to a couple of people this evening.

One of them was interested in the fact i was using an ancient phone. When i showed her all the Keyone functionality her mind was blown and she now wants one.

I feel bb needs to have more of a presence in phone shops. Just send down a couple of passionate demonstrators and i feel word will get around
    03-21-18 06:06 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more! I'm always showing off and bragging about my KEYone! most people I talk to consider leaving iPhone for a KEYone!
    03-21-18 06:50 PM
    that's great.. they also. need to market these devices properly to the masses or at least to the target audience they're looking to carer to.
    03-21-18 06:50 PM
    Pretty sure I sold one this week... showing it off.
    03-21-18 07:13 PM
    BlackBerry mobile did a better job marketing the phone than BlackBerry proper did in years. won't be surprised if they step it up when new ones roll out.
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-21-18 08:32 PM

One of them was interested in the fact i was using an ancient phone. When i showed her all the Keyone functionality her mind was blown and she now wants one.

I feel bb needs to have more of a presence in phone shops. Just send down a couple of passionate demonstrators and i feel word will get around
    The BlackBerry brand carries a lot of baggage. It's extremely difficult to revive it at the retail level. It's the unfortunate truth regardless of how good or not good their product is.
    Wmsi likes this.
    03-21-18 09:40 PM
    BlackBerry mobile did a better job marketing the phone than BlackBerry proper did in years. won't be surprised if they step it up when new ones roll out.
    Totally depends on their budget. My understanding is that it's quite tight.
    03-21-18 09:44 PM
    Totally depends on their budget. My understanding is that it's quite tight.
    I wouldn't quite think that.
    I think more than the budget they have a much better understanding and are really Hardware focused and so are taking steps accordingly.
    Something that BlackBerry probably wasn't off late.
    For example what they started with Fan League, I am not sure it needs to much of a budget but is a very good way of engaging the fans.
    I think BBMO is just doing a better job than BlackBerry did.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-21-18 09:57 PM
    I think more than the budget they have a much better understanding and are really Hardware focused and so are taking steps accordingly.
    For example what they started with Fan League, I am not sure it needs to much of a budget but is a very good way of engaging the fans.

Agreed
    03-21-18 10:33 PM
    Ive had a few comments on my keyone, mainly "they still sell BlackBerry?" but my Passport for some reason got a lot more attention. I think it was the unusual size.
    BigAl_BB9900 and E Small like this.
    03-22-18 01:12 AM
    I just had a co-worker quite interested in my PRIV - I slid the screen up in order to reply to something and her interest was immediate.
    Sigewif and megafan2000 like this.
    03-22-18 09:49 AM
    The BlackBerry brand carries a lot of baggage. It's extremely difficult to revive it at the retail level. It's the unfortunate truth regardless of how good or not good their product is.
    Yes, blackberry should just give up.
    03-22-18 10:39 AM
    I just had a co-worker quite interested in my PRIV - I slid the screen up in order to reply to something and her interest was immediate.
    Last year after I slid my Priv closed, the hot girl from accounting™ came up to me and said "woah what type of phone is that?" Told her it was BlackBerry Priv that runs full Android. She said "wow that's super dope" (her exact words).
    Last edited by megafan2000; 03-22-18 at 11:24 AM.
    03-22-18 11:10 AM
    Last year after I slid my Priv closed, the hot girl from accounting™ came up to me and said "woah what type of phone is that?" Told her it was BlackBerry Priv that runs full Android. She said "wow that's super dope" (her exact words).
    Well, at least she was calling the PHONE a "super dope" rather than YOU!

Hyark.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    03-22-18 11:45 AM

Hyark.
    I've found that seems to be her little quirk. All the times I've gotten her to use dope as an adjective she seems to be quite positive with me. There also seem to be levels of dope too. Over time I've managed to get dope, super dope and f-ing dope out of her.
    Last edited by megafan2000; 03-22-18 at 12:03 PM.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    03-22-18 11:52 AM
    I've found that seems to be her little quirk. All the times I've gotten her to use dope as an adjective she seems to be quite positive with me. There also seem to be levels of dope too. Over time I've managed to get dope, super dope and f-ing dope out of her.
    She should move to Canada - we're legalizing it ...
    03-22-18 01:18 PM
    She should move to Canada - we're legalizing it ...
    Got you beat here just south of Vancouver (g)
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-22-18 01:24 PM

Hyark.
    Makes me wonder now how hot girl from accounting™ would describe my KEYONE.
    Last edited by megafan2000; 03-22-18 at 05:22 PM.
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    03-22-18 01:27 PM
    Ive had a few comments on my keyone, mainly "they still sell BlackBerry?" but my Passport for some reason got a lot more attention. I think it was the unusual size.
    My Passport STILL gets a lot of attention, people 'ooh & ah' over its looks and are amazed when I tell them that it is more than 3 years old, nearing end-of -life (eg apps support), and that I am just waiting for the Dual-Sim replacement (KeyOne Bronze) to be released in the UK so I can upgrade to the new BlackBerry Android keyboard phone.

THEN they are even more amazed that there are new BlackBerry (Android) keyboard phones on the market!
    FF22 and SomeoneOrOther like this.
    03-22-18 01:32 PM

THEN they are even more amazed that there are new BlackBerry (Android) keyboard phones on the market!
    That's on BlackBerry. I think most smartphone users understand that it's essentially a 2 ecosystem market today - iOS or Android. And I'm sure most Android users would know the robot logo if they saw it. Last year, in the Wall Street train stop, probably the biggest niche of people they would be targeting, there were several big KEYone posters covering both sides of the wall. The Android logo was so small and not very prominent, you wouldn't have noticed it if you weren't looking for it. Point being is if what you need to do is tell people that we're running Android now, you better put that robot logo just as prominently as the BB logo.
    BigAl_BB9900 and FF22 like this.
    03-22-18 01:51 PM

I agree with you. Every BlackBerry user is a brand evangelist and speaks in volumes about device features and productivity . One has to use it to believe the amazing features. The legendary PKB devices are the best which money can buy.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-22-18 03:03 PM

Agree with you Amrit. BBMO has been more proactive in their approach than the BBRY.
    03-22-18 03:06 PM
    I have found that when your BlackBerry just doesn't get you enough attention, you can always take off your clothes, stand on your head and squawk like a chicken. Your mileage may vary.
    glwerry and FF22 like this.
    03-23-18 03:01 AM
    I have found that when your BlackBerry just doesn't get you enough attention, you can always take off your clothes, stand on your head and squawk like a chicken. Your mileage may vary.
    Unfortunately, here in Canada we have obscenity laws, to the point that when you're as old and fat as I am you can't even dance in public.

This, of course, is said with tongue firmly in cheek.
    FF22 and anon(9188202) like this.
    03-23-18 09:19 AM