Does anyone know whether or not the single-SIM Key2 LE (model# BBE100-2, according to the BBMo website) will ever be made available in the US? I don't need a dual-SIM, yet that's the only one currently available here.

If I do end up with the Key2 LE dual-SIM (BBE100-5) despite my preferences, I assume it is certified for wifi/VoLTE by T-Mobile (although trying to get a reliable answer to that question from either T-Mobile or BB has been typically fruitless, LOL!).

I'm also hearing RUMORS now that this model can also be used on Verizon (???!!). (Amazon listing says yes, Best Buy listing says no.) If so, does anyone know if wifi/VoLTE work on Verizon as well?

You'd think BB would be proud to list the various certifications they have paid/worked to achieve, so we consumers could make more educated choices. How DO we find reliable answers to such questions? I know I'm not alone in spending days and days online and making endless phone calls trying to get a definitive answer - so far, to no avail.

At this point, I guess I'll preorder the only version currently available in the US (the dual-SIM; I'm afraid if I wait for the single-SIM and it never comes, I'll be out of luck!) from Best Buy, head to the store on October 12 to pick it up, and insert my T-Mobile SIM before leaving the store, trying to achieve wifi/VoLTE connectivity. If not, I'll just return it immediately!

It's annoying to have to pay $50 extra for a second SIM tray I won't use, but, bottom line, that PKB is worth it! And despite all the annoyances of yet another sloppy roll-out, I am also grateful to have it for $200 less than its higher-spec predecessor!
    10-06-18 08:43 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I would never buy two phone plans for my phone. Besides price, what other differences do these phones have, if any?
    10-06-18 10:01 PM
    So far as I can tell, the only difference appears to be that the Key2 LE single-SIM (model BBE100-2) has 32GB of memory. The dual-SIM (model BBE100-5, currently available for preorder at Amazon and Best Buy in the US) has 64GB of memory.

The following BBMo link has lots of helpful info (especially showing bands and regions, etc. for each model #)

https://blackberrymobile.com/specifications/key2-le/

but it doesn't really differentiate specs between the two versions, so (although I can't be absolutely positive) I'm assuming you get 32GB with single-SIM , 64GB with dual-SIM, and all else would be identical. Especially since every mention of the two versions I've seen in various articles have also said the same: such as in the following link showing current availability in Canada, where they'd have the same regional model numbers as the US (if you scroll down past the first paragraph to see the availability chart, it indicates the same single SIM 32GB, dual-SIM 64 GB difference between the offerings available from carriers and retail stores).

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ada-1027590850

I wish BBMo would list their wifi/VoLTE cetifications from carriers at that link (or ANYWHERE!!), so we could be sure it would work with our carrier. What's up with that? The carrier websites appear to be way behind in providing that info regarding the newest models. One would think each new phone would be listed as soon as the certification was granted (if not for consumer convenience, then to increase sales!).
    10-07-18 05:29 AM
    As far as I know the BBE100-2 is only going to be sold in Latin America and at Canadian carriers. The BBE100-5 is what will be sold in the United States and Canada factory unlocked. It also has twice the storage as the BBE100-2.

As for VoLTE and WiFi calling, getting a solid answer out of carriers or TCL is getting blood from a stone, the best way is to wait for user reports. Even the KEYone that AT&T sold themselves doesn't have VoLTE or WiFi calling, so nothing is guaranteed.
    10-07-18 11:03 AM
    Thanks so much for the feedback, thurask!

So, I guess I'll either wait for user reports, as you suggest, OR resort to my original evil plan (to preorder at Best Buy, pick it up in-store and insert my T-Mobile SIM immediately to test wifi availability). No wifi means I'll be returning it immediately and resorting to a dreaded slab with VKB, since I can't manage without wifi calling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! (I truly HATE those VKBs!!!)
    the_boon likes this.
    10-07-18 04:38 PM
    The single SIM version from Canadian carrier company (Telus) is $480. Otherwise the factory unlocked from other sellers (Blueshop) are all dual SIM and $600. Quite a difference in price, especially if a buyer has no need for a second SIM.
    10-08-18 01:25 PM
    The single SIM version from Canadian carrier company (Telus) is $480. Otherwise the factory unlocked from other sellers (Blueshop) are all dual SIM and $600. Quite a difference in price, especially if a buyer has no need for a second SIM.
    Isn’t Telus, Bell, Rogers, etc; only offering the 32GB version though whereas the dual SIM is 64GB?
    10-09-18 01:41 PM
    Isn’t Telus, Bell, Rogers, etc; only offering the 32GB version though whereas the dual SIM is 64GB?
    Correct.

Moreover, thanks to TCL's byzantine update mechanisms, the factory unlocked BBE100-5 would get updates on TCL's schedule rather than requiring input from Rogers/Telus/Bell, even if one uses one of the BBE100-2s on a different network. But the extra SIM slot and double storage are more salient points.
    10-09-18 03:34 PM