For me both. I got great deals on the 4-5 I bought and they are just the right size for my parents and my specific use/need for small phones
    Aside from price (and touch ID) how's the SE 2020 any better than the 12/13 Mini?
    10-15-21 03:54 PM
    Aside from price (and touch ID) how's the SE 2020 any better than the 12/13 Mini?
    I think that is the defining point, you do get better screen size with the mini but I am sure some people just like having a button still as well. My parents get by with the button navigation well. If you have seen old people swiping its just not pretty so at this point having the whole OS operate with swiping action is not something I want to retrain them too. For my use if I could get the mini at the price of an SE i would have for my and the wife. But those are the only 2 factors I really think matter.

I see no reason for apple to keep the mini line if they do a SE refresh every couple years. It should be able to cover both device needs for the most part and possible at a cheaper price point.
    10-15-21 04:10 PM
    Either way, Apple didn’t sell enough of them for their definition of success….
    I love my 12mini. I was concerned about legibility with the smaller screen as well as typing. Fortunately I usually don't need my reading glasses to read it type and I love the smaller size. Fortunately Apple will update it for a long time so the annual cost won't be quite so bad. It is pricey and way more tech than I need. But on the way out i guess when the 13m's are sold off.
    10-16-21 10:57 AM
    I think that is the defining point, you do get better screen size with the mini but I am sure some people just like having a button still as well. My parents get by with the button navigation well. If you have seen old people swiping its just not pretty so at this point having the whole OS operate with swiping action is not something I want to retrain them too. For my use if I could get the mini at the price of an SE i would have for my and the wife. But those are the only 2 factors I really think matter.

I see no reason for apple to keep the mini line if they do a SE refresh every couple years. It should be able to cover both device needs for the most part and possible at a cheaper price point.
    You can likely grab a 12 Mini used good condition on Swappa for around the same price as the underwhelming SE.
    10-16-21 08:09 PM
    You can likely grab a 12 Mini used good condition on Swappa for around the same price as the underwhelming SE.
    Doubtful when I can get brand new SE for $100
    10-16-21 09:21 PM
    Doubtful when I can get brand new SE for $100
    Oh you're talking the OG SE
    10-16-21 11:20 PM
    Oh you're talking the OG SE
    No the most recent one that was released in 2020. I bought 4 i think for $200 new and right now I can get them for $100 new from xfinity mobile if I wanted. The 12 mini would be $329 new. They have $300 gc for any Iphone right now.
    10-17-21 09:28 AM
    T-Mo coverage is pretty weak on my Key2. I keep a Cricket/ATT hotspot handy for road trips or at the office. I use it for my laptop when I travel so I'll probably carry on this way for a couple more years.
    10-21-21 12:59 AM
    I wish there is SE Plus that uses the same iPhone 8 Plus design with home touch.
    I don't like small screens
    10-21-21 01:51 AM
    I wish there is SE Plus that uses the same iPhone 8 Plus design with home touch.
    I don't like small screens
    Lol what a waste of space.

5.5" LCD on a body that big is ridiculous when the 12/13 Mini have 5.4" on a compact one.
    10-21-21 09:32 PM
    Lol what a waste of space.

5.5" LCD on a body that big is ridiculous when the 12/13 Mini have 5.4" on a compact one.
    The 5.5" screen on the 8 Plus is much larger than the one on the 13 Mini.

The aspect ratio is different (on the 8 Plus is wider), so the screen area is different as well.

I love the home touch button. If there would be an affordable SE Plus, I would definitely get it.
    Last edited by John Albert; 10-22-21 at 12:41 AM.
    10-21-21 10:39 PM
    The 5.5" screen on the 8 Plus is much larger than the one on the 13 Mini.

The aspect ratio is different (on the 8 Plus is wider), so the screen area is different as well.

I love the home touch button. If there would be an affordable SE Plus, I would definitely get it.
    Well the SE 3 is losing the home button..

Not sure why the new basic iPad kept it....
    10-22-21 08:15 AM
    Well the SE 3 is losing the home button..

Not sure why the new basic iPad kept it....
    SE Third generation will be exactly like the SE Second, but with A15 Processor and 5G.
    10-22-21 10:20 AM
    SE Third generation will be exactly like the SE Second, but with A15 Processor and 5G.
    So they'll keep the button since they still have a couple of large containers to get rid of ?
    10-22-21 10:39 AM
    So they'll keep the button since they still have a couple of large containers to get rid of ?
    They got a lot from millions of traded in devices 😂
    10-22-21 10:41 AM
    So your dream iPhone is a body style from 2014 with wasted top and bottom bezel space?

How about Apple does what Android manufacturers achieved since 3-4 years ago and provide an under display fingerprint sensor lol
    10-22-21 11:07 AM
    So your dream iPhone is a body style from 2014 with wasted top and bottom bezel space?

How about Apple does what Android manufacturers achieved since 3-4 years ago and provide an under display fingerprint sensor lol
    It isn't my dream phone. I have S21 Ultra and Fold 3, and I'm very happy with Android, but I like if there would be a large and affordable iPhone with a home touch.
    10-22-21 11:15 AM
    It isn't my dream phone. I have S21 Ultra and Fold 3, and I'm very happy with Android, but I like if there would be a large and affordable iPhone with a home touch.
    May I ask why both an S21U and Fold3? Two big screen flagships from the same company running the same OS?

And isn't the 8 Plus still getting updates?
    10-22-21 12:54 PM
    May I ask why both an S21U and Fold3? Two big screen flagships from the same company running the same OS?

And isn't the 8 Plus still getting updates?
    To be honest, the S21 Ultra is for my personal usage.
    Fold 3 is for the work and position status. I attend lots of international conferences and meetings. So, I chose to have Fold 3 as my work phone and filled it with work Dara.

I love the S21 Ultra way more because it is very practical and convenient to use.

Iphone 6s and higher are still getting updates.
    10-22-21 01:01 PM

Is that any different than your dream phone a body style from 2005? How about simply accepting the realities of what put Apple on the map? I mean that button is kinda like the closest to a PKB from a recognized OEM, at least mainstream. Just saying ........
    10-22-21 02:45 PM
    Is that any different than your dream phone a body style from 2005? How about simply accepting the realities of what put Apple on the map? I mean that button is kinda like the closest to a PKB from a recognized OEM, at least mainstream. Just saying ........
    10-22-21 03:43 PM
46 12