https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=V3NWmkSY

Verizon says it supports the Key2 LE

In the Best Buy Description it says "Phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA network."

I am confused???? I would like to buy a Key 2 but I am unsure of which retailer and which model to purchase.

Please help and I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

Any direct links to sellers who can ship fast would be appreciated. Heading to Spain soon and my existing Bold 9650 needs to be put to rest unfortunately.

Thanks for the help.
    07-16-19 02:43 PM
    Mine does.
    07-16-19 03:00 PM
    Yes that is the model that Verizon now allows.

KEY2 compatibility with Verizon isn't as good... some have gotten it to work. The -5 model is the one that most have been able to get to work on Verizon... but finding one of those these days isn't easy.

That one Best Buy phone is the only one available in the US, and someone said Best Buy only had 16 units left...
    07-16-19 03:08 PM
    Yes that is the model that Verizon now allows.

KEY2 compatibility with Verizon isn't as good... some have gotten it to work. The -5 model is the one that most have been able to get to work on Verizon... but finding one of those these days isn't easy.

That one Best Buy phone is the only one available in the US, and someone said Best Buy only had 16 units left...
    Thanks.....any idea where to buy a "5 model" never heard of that before???
    07-16-19 03:20 PM
    Thanks.....any idea where to buy a "5 model" never heard of that before???
    KEY 2 - BBE100-5 (dual sim) or BBE100-2 (single sim)

As I said, no one is selling US Models currently.. other than the one Best Buy KEY 2 LE.
    07-16-19 03:24 PM
    KEY 2 - BBE100-5 (dual sim) or BBE100-2 (single sim)

As I said, no one is selling US Models currently.. other than the one Best Buy KEY 2 LE.
    Blackberrymobile.com recommends these guys as well: https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...y2-le-unlocked

Any idea if this is the same phone that will work? Sorry for all the noob questions.
    07-16-19 03:29 PM
    Mine does.
    are you using that version of BB on verizon, does it work internationally as well?
    07-16-19 03:31 PM
    I’m using it in California, don’t know about international. Check with Verizon.
    07-16-19 03:39 PM
    Blackberrymobile.com recommends these guys as well: https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...y2-le-unlocked

Any idea if this is the same phone that will work? Sorry for all the noob questions.
    They don't show up for me when I click on Buy Now on BBMo... only Amazon and Best Buy.

Have no idea who they are.... some prepaid MVNO? Anyway they list it as Pre-Order, so not sure about it's availability with them. Call them and see if they have it in stock and what model it is. But there is really just the two US variants, I assume it's one of those.

You want to avoid the international varriant that most on Amazon are now selling.
    07-16-19 03:41 PM
    They don't show up for me when I click on Buy Now on BBMo... only Amazon and Best Buy.

Have no idea who they are.... some prepaid MVNO? Anyway they list it as Pre-Order, so not sure about it's availability with them. Call them and see if they have it in stock and what model it is. But there is really just the two US variants, I assume it's one of those.

You want to avoid the international varriant that most on Amazon are now selling.
    thanks, i emailed support and you are correct, they are sold out...urgh, I guess i need to get the Best Buy unit even tho is says not working with VZ
    07-16-19 03:51 PM
    07-25-19 01:18 PM
    Make sure to let us know how you like it...
    07-25-19 01:22 PM
    or if it'll even activate lol, seller has some weird description...

will be migrating from a k1 (stupid fingerprint scanner stopped working)
    07-25-19 03:09 PM
    Seller messaged me back and changed listing description confirmed it is Verizon unlocked
    07-25-19 05:07 PM
    been using for a week now--
    updated link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F333278981139

item arrived exactly as described. i got the navy blue (slate) variant.
    went to vzw corporate store where everyone was crowded around aghast that i didn't want to activate a samsung or iphone. one CSR mused aloud that she didn't think VZW supported blackberry anymore (roflmfao). thankfully did the CDMA-less activation with no hassles with a different CSR-- very helpful and patient, if not intrigued by my device.

*sidenote-- just now realizing that the generation of consumers being locked to carrier-specific phones has ended*

rebooted at least 3x in store to get all calls/sms working properly. didn't migrate data from k1, did fresh installs and logins of apps-- probably for the better, didn't wanna have weird duplicates or old buggy cached data transferred over.

much lighter than k1 so that is appreciated. battery life seems much improved, mabe the cdma-less setup? no real discernible drop from build quality from k1 to k2le either. keyboard i prefer the matte on k2le vs gloss on k1. seems the increased memory and newer/faster processor helps as the k2le is much snappier and responsive against the k1, for now. the glass screen on k2le is also smoother to the touch. i do enjoy the rubber/plasticified backing, not a fan of slippery/fragile glass backs. not amused with less granular information about battery usage (wake/gps/signal, etc) in the new OS-- but maybe i can't find it is all (any help would be appreciated).

don't have VVM set up (basic or otherwise)... but i have access to a moto z4, sgs7e, and sgs9+-- should i plug my sim in one of those and see if VVM will get activated? any pointers or advice welcome.

all in all, maybe a marginal/lateral upgrade, but for me well worth it as the fingerprint scanner works (although i don't see the lighted indicators on k2le that k1 had) and now i'm able to run maps/navigation and gasbuddy without the memory warning notification. would recommend.
    Last edited by offbad; 07-30-19 at 03:29 PM.
    07-30-19 03:15 PM