Long time BB user and I'm still using the Priv. It's time for me to upgrade as its been over two years and I'm looking at Key2 LE. What is the final verdict on WiFi calling? I'm on T-Mobile and all my other devices have Wifi calling on T-mobile. (Priv, Classic, iPhone SE) I read as many threads as I can find. Is WiFi calling working yet? Does anyone have it working? Will it ever work?

Thanks in advance!

WCTC
    02-07-19 07:08 AM
    Not one reply. Is this the state of Blackberry or are my questions just so much off the mark?
    02-07-19 06:36 PM
    Not one reply. Is this the state of Blackberry or are my questions just so much off the mark?
    I think the answer to your question is no. TCL is not allowing this feature from what I've read I'm other threads.
    02-07-19 07:02 PM
    Thanks for the response. I was hoping this wasn't the case. WiFi calling is great added value feature. Hate to say this but the lack of WiFi calling might be deal breaker for me. The iPhone and Samsung have this feature. It's time for BlackBerry mobile to bring it back.

WCTC
    phuoc likes this.
    02-07-19 07:12 PM
    My understanding is that WiFi calling is supported on the BlackBerry Mobile phones, but the feature must also be enabled by the carrier.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    rarsen likes this.
    02-07-19 07:15 PM
    Makes me wonder. Works with T-Moble on all my other factory unlocked phones..

WCTC
    02-07-19 07:24 PM
    Makes me wonder. Works with T-Moble on all my other factory unlocked phones..

WCTC
    I have a carrier locked KEYone that WFC is blocked on and VoLTE was removed with Oreo update. I believe the carriers are choosing winners and losers regarding enhanced calling features.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-07-19 09:55 PM
    What about the business Verizon Key2 le? As it’s sold at the Verizon store, does this make a difference?
    02-08-19 12:53 AM
    Could be.. Looks like we'll never know unfortunately.

WCTC
    02-08-19 06:28 AM
    Could be.. Looks like we'll never know unfortunately.

WCTC
    We’ll know as soon as VZW business customer buys one and posts results here.....LOL
    02-08-19 06:37 AM
    What about the business Verizon Key2 le? As it’s sold at the Verizon store, does this make a difference?

Really? Where?
    02-08-19 06:37 AM
    Really? Where?
    Not even on the Web Store yet!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-08-19 09:08 AM
    Really? Where?
    02-08-19 11:25 AM
    02-08-19 11:28 AM
    No wi-fi, no buy.
    02-08-19 01:37 PM
    It’s not in consumer stores. This is an enterprise and business account item offered through VZW on the non-consumer side. Purchased through VZW , hardware is already provisioned and can be paid for through or billed to your business account...
    02-08-19 02:23 PM
    I have purchased a Ley 2 LE from Amazon. I have ordered a sim card from both T-mobile and Verizon. The phone I purchased will work on AT&T, T-mobile and Verizon. The phone worked purfectly on every aspect except WIFI calling and text. I have talked with both carriers tech support and they can not figure out why it is not working on either network. I have emailed Blackberry support to see what the deal is/ Both of these accounts that I opened are pre paid accounts. If the WIFI calling will not work on either carrier, then the phone is going back to Amazon.
    02-14-19 07:31 AM
    I have purchased a Ley 2 LE from Amazon. I have ordered a sim card from both T-mobile and Verizon. The phone I purchased will work on AT&T, T-mobile and Verizon. The phone worked purfectly on every aspect except WIFI calling and text. I have talked with both carriers tech support and they can not figure out why it is not working on either network. I have emailed Blackberry support to see what the deal is/ Both of these accounts that I opened are pre paid accounts. If the WIFI calling will not work on either carrier, then the phone is going back to Amazon.
    The problem is simple, with AT&T, WFC and VoLTE is only supported with only CERTAIN devices sold AT&T locked and branded. Even my AT&T carrier locked and branded KEYone doesn’t support WFC or VoLTE right now and probably never ever will. As far as T-Mobile, people here throw shade at BBMo, however I believe T-Mobile past BYOD policies as just marketing hype that is being abandoned with each new device rollout.

Another problem is the prepaid aspect which I don’t know how that’s being treated going forward. In the past times, prepaid has always suffered from lower prioritization and who knows what else.

I switched from carrier locked devices to factory unlocked partially with Z30 and fully with DTEK line, however, that was short lived for reasons including warranty support and enhanced calling features. Due to AT&T KEYone limitations, recently, I bought AT&T XR iPhone for the supported features.

Things have evolved in different ways in 2017-2019 as carriers stores push the benefits of buying carrier devices. Buying direct factory unlocked don’t necessarily offer all the advantages of the past unfortunately.
    02-14-19 08:33 AM
    I have the Key 2 LE, found the deeply hidden settings to enable WiFi calling. Connected it to my home WiFi, tried to make a call - nada (got some message about needing to connect to the network). Emailed Blackberry and was given the genius response to "simply enable the WiFi calling and it will work" (even though I noted TWICE in the email that I HAD WIFI CALLING ENABLED!).
    I have T-Mobile and haven't had a chance to call them to ask what the problem is. This worked fine with my Priv.
    I like the phone, but between this and the absolute crap camera, it might send me to, sigh, something devoid of an actual keyboard.
    02-14-19 11:59 PM
    I have the Key 2 LE, found the deeply hidden settings to enable WiFi calling. Connected it to my home WiFi, tried to make a call - nada (got some message about needing to connect to the network). Emailed Blackberry and was given the genius response to "simply enable the WiFi calling and it will work" (even though I noted TWICE in the email that I HAD WIFI CALLING ENABLED!).
    I have T-Mobile and haven't had a chance to call them to ask what the problem is. This worked fine with my Priv.
    I like the phone, but between this and the absolute crap camera, it might send me to, sigh, something devoid of an actual keyboard.
    Exactly why I'm on an iPhone. When a better camera and wi-fi come to BB, I will jump ship.
    02-15-19 12:05 PM
    Anyone tried something like this or similar from the Key2 thread?

/blackberry-key2-f472/wi-fi-calling-working-1163485/
    02-15-19 05:09 PM
    Anyone tried something like this or similar from the Key2 thread?

/blackberry-key2-f472/wi-fi-calling-working-1163485/
    Fwiw, the Key2 and Key2LE both have the same modem. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X12 LTE modem. The Key2 has the Qualcomm SDM660 chipset and the Key2LE has the SDM636 chipset and according to Qualcomm's site the specs for the modem for these 2 chipsets is the same.

So in theory you should be able to use the same modem file that is that thread. But I would make sure that you have a backup of your current autoloader modem file (it can be found in the img folder in the autoloader and will be labeled NON-HLOS + device area, for examples americas). It's pretty easy to switch the modems out and it won't brick the device, if it doesn't work you just won't have any cell signal or WiFi until you write your old modem back.

If anyone does attempt it I would be very curious to know if it also works for the Key2LE
    02-16-19 10:08 AM
    You should have to register the device which is the second option under WiFi calling. With Rogers, this takes you to a screen to enter mobile number, they send you a code. Then turn on WiFi calling and it should work. It may not work with an unlocked phone not purchased through Carrier.
    02-16-19 12:38 PM
    Fwiw, the Key2 and Key2LE both have the same modem. The Qualcomm Snapdragon X12 LTE modem. The Key2 has the Qualcomm SDM660 chipset and the Key2LE has the SDM636 chipset and according to Qualcomm's site the specs for the modem for these 2 chipsets is the same.

So in theory you should be able to use the same modem file that is that thread. But I would make sure that you have a backup of your current autoloader modem file (it can be found in the img folder in the autoloader and will be labeled NON-HLOS + device area, for examples americas). It's pretty easy to switch the modems out and it won't brick the device, if it doesn't work you just won't have any cell signal or WiFi until you write your old modem back.

If anyone does attempt it I would be very curious to know if it also works for the Key2LE

Thanks for your write-up and additional info. If my phone weren't mission critical, I would certainly attempt this.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-16-19 11:20 PM