Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-31-18 11:52 AM
144 ... 456
tools
    Well if you go to that conference 10 time and all 10 time it does start at 2PM....

Listen, at this point there are no "companies" making plans or budgets about BBMo devices. And while a few fans might be discouraged that coming in September ended up preorders on like the last day work day of the month, with delivery not until a few week later. It's not like that is a big shock.

Note saying that's a way to run a business... but it is their way.
    Nobody, and I really mean NOBODY, is making plans and budgeting decisions about specific smartphone devices in 2018. Other than ensuring compatibility with an enterprise's MDM and security model, 99% of companies couldn't care less which specific phones their employees use.
    I was referring to the handful of ordinary customers who want to buy the phone. I'm under no illusions that corporations are buying BlackBerry like the old days.
    10-10-18 03:13 PM
    I was referring to the handful of ordinary customers who want to buy the phone. I'm under no illusions that corporations are buying BlackBerry like the old days.
    I still prefer using BB10 but I am quite happy with the BlackBerry Mobile Android phones. The KEY2 has addressed my top concerns with my KEYone : RAM, using shortcut keys without returning to the Home screen, and a larger, Matt keyboard. I am just as comfortable typing on glass as on a PKB, but the BlackBerry Android keyboard shortcuts are so much better than anything offered by other companies!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    AmritD likes this.
    10-10-18 08:32 PM
    And yet Samsung is one of the best selling Android OEM's out there....
    I've wondered more than once how much Crapsung must be getting paid by Facebook, Instagram etc to have all that junk installed on their phones as unremovable system bloat...
    10-10-18 08:38 PM
    I've wondered more than once how much Crapsung must be getting paid by Facebook, Instagram etc to have all that junk installed on their phones as unremovable system bloat...
    ?

They don't.... both Facebook and Instagram can be removed (if they are even preinstalled). Because I have neither on my S7.

Only uninstallable items are Samsung's own productivity tools.
    10-29-18 03:36 PM
    Samsung devices have not had pre-installed social media apps the past few years. My S7 Edge nor standard S7 had them nor did my S9. As noted only a handful of Samsung apps cannot be removed. For an all touch Android offering I find them hard to beat. I have the BlackBerry HUB and BlackBerry VKB and my S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade. Excellent ergonomics, top screen, dual stereo speakers, excellent camera, blazing fast 845 SOC, etc. However I do miss a great BlackBerry PKB as my Classic was/is. I hope BlackBerry Mobile keeps refining their PKB offerings and bundles the phenomenal VKB with the BlackBerry HUB subscription. I side loaded the VKB but it works as well as it does on my DTEK50.
    10-29-18 03:48 PM
    Samsung devices have not had pre-installed social media apps the past few years. My S7 Edge nor standard S7 had them nor did my S9. As noted only a handful of Samsung apps cannot be removed. For an all touch Android offering I find them hard to beat. I have the BlackBerry HUB and BlackBerry VKB and my S9 is like the ultimate Z30 upgrade. Excellent ergonomics, top screen, dual stereo speakers, excellent camera, blazing fast 845 SOC, etc. However I do miss a great BlackBerry PKB as my Classic was/is. I hope BlackBerry Mobile keeps refining their PKB offerings and bundles the phenomenal VKB with the BlackBerry HUB subscription. I side loaded the VKB but it works as well as it does on my DTEK50.
    The KEY devices PKB's are still closer to the Classic's than any VKB, even the one from BB themselves.
    10-30-18 04:39 AM
    ?

They don't.... both Facebook and Instagram can be removed (if they are even preinstalled). Because I have neither on my S7.

Only uninstallable items are Samsung's own productivity tools.
    You are only scratching the surface. There are system versions of those apps constantly running in the background that can't be removed. Try loading a bloatware tool to see all the garbage running in the background on a Samsung.

Oh yeah, and of course there is this:
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/24/...ttling-phones/

Feeling the urge to upgrade yet? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 07:12 AM
    On display at Best Buy
    Attached Thumbnails When is KEY2 LE available for purchase in USA?-img_20181030_1940505.jpg  
    10-30-18 07:08 PM
    On display at Best Buy
    At least they didn't make a mistake with pricing.

I don't understand though why BBMo didn't start with the 32gb model at $399 to be even more aggressive with their entry level offering.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-31-18 01:58 AM
    At least they didn't make a mistake with pricing.

I don't understand though why BBMo didn't start with the 32gb model at $399 to be even more aggressive with their entry level offering.
    Whats about the missing atomic red...?
    10-31-18 02:30 AM
    Whats about the missing atomic red...?
    I'm guessing they want to make some holiday season buzz with that one
    10-31-18 02:50 AM
    It will be your main device? ^^
    10-31-18 03:07 AM
    It will be your main device? ^^
    Yup, probably for some time. I still have a KEY2 silver I'm using now and a Slate LE as backup
    10-31-18 03:27 AM
    Or they didn’t think there was enough demand for an extra SKU, so they canceled it.
    10-31-18 07:34 AM
    Or they didn’t think there was enough demand for an extra SKU, so they canceled it.
    Lol why would they outright cancel the most sought-after color option??

They can't be that dumb.
    10-31-18 07:45 AM
    Do you have any evidence for that assertion?
    10-31-18 11:10 AM

They can't be that dumb.
    Is it the most sought-after color option or just yours?
    10-31-18 11:14 AM
    Is it the most sought-after color option or just yours?
    Ok, it's clearly the one that the initial reviews from IFA were the most interested in.

It doesn't take a genius to know that the Atomic would sell well, as in at least as much as the champagne which doesn't even have a finished trim (no champagne frets).
    10-31-18 11:48 AM
    Ok, it's clearly the one that the initial reviews from IFA were the most interested in.

It doesn't take a genius to know that the Atomic would sell well, as in at least as much as the champagne which doesn't even have a finished trim (no champagne frets).
    Red passport was popular but it didn't outsell black passport. Key le2 atomic red will be limited production IMO.
    10-31-18 11:52 AM
144 ... 456