When and where can I buy Key2 LE in USA?
    09-18-18 08:34 PM
    At the time they announced it: "BlackBerry KEY2 LE will be available in Germany, the U.K., France, UAE, Canada, and the U.S. beginning next month." so it should be appearing anytime from now to October. No retailers announced yet but the usual suspects for unlocked devices are expected, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart etc etc.
    09-19-18 11:17 AM
    09-19-18 04:44 PM
    Like any other BB Mobile product, it will be released when it will be released.

As for where, there's no carrier branded variants scheduled, so probably the usual Amazon and/or Best Buy like their past releases.
    blandIRON likes this.
    09-19-18 05:52 PM
    Our friends at PDA Plaza have the slate grey LE up for preorder. No atomic red yet though.
    blandIRON likes this.
    09-19-18 06:38 PM
    Our friends at PDA Plaza have the slate grey LE up for preorder. No atomic red yet though.
    What price is being quoted?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 12:13 AM
    As with all things BlackBerry, it's...Coming Soon™
    09-20-18 04:20 AM
    As with all things BlackBerry, it's...Coming Soon™
    With the limited small production runs, I believe it will be available when retailers have committed to ordering the actual device. There’s no BBMo/TCL retail infrastructure for direct consumers sales in the USA.
    09-20-18 06:42 AM
    With the limited small production runs, I believe it will be available when retailers have committed to ordering the actual device. There’s no BBMo/TCL retail infrastructure for direct consumers sales in the USA.
    Cool, let's blame the retailers for not caring because it's...Never BlackBerry's Fault™
    09-20-18 09:35 AM
    Cool, let's blame the retailers for not caring because it's...Never BlackBerry's Fault™
    Nobody's blaming anyone Cupcake. If the retailers don’t order the device or BBMo/TCL can’t find agreeable terms with Amazon, it won’t be offered in certain markets like the USA. Since the KEYone, hardware is made from demand. It’s part of the reason for the lower volume and higher cost structure.
    09-20-18 11:05 AM
    Nobody's blaming anyone Cupcake. If the retailers don’t order the device or BBMo/TCL can’t find agreeable terms with Amazon, it won’t be offered in certain markets like the USA. Since the KEYone, hardware is made from demand. It’s part of the reason for the lower volume and higher cost structure.
    I know I am not an industry expert or a Trusted Member™ and just don't get the complexities of supply chains™ or security™. But I do know that selling on Amazon is as easy as it gets. You make a product, tell Amazon's automated system you want it to sell your product, and either send them your product or fulfill orders yourself. Everyone from the 15 year old down the street to the sweatshops in TCL's native China has figured out how to do it.
    09-20-18 04:18 PM
    I know I am not an industry expert or a Trusted Member™ and just don't get the complexities of supply chains™ or security™. But I do know that selling on Amazon is as easy as it gets. You make a product, tell Amazon's automated system you want it to sell your product, and either send them your product or fulfill orders yourself. Everyone from the 15 year old down the street to the sweatshops in TCL's native China has figured out how to do it.
    Putting inventory on Amazon is simple. Generating sales and profits from Amazon is totally different story and the successful OEMs don’t rely on Amazon for primary sales revenue and definitely not profits.

Without carrier and retail chain base for sales and support, profits are elusive before hardware overproduction. I’m sure you understand all this stuff easily in your profession and seem unhappy that BBMo/TCL hasn’t achieved success. The big OEMs aren’t giving up any sales to upstarts and BBMo/TCL is being forced to stand on its own with limited resources.
    09-20-18 08:10 PM
    Putting inventory on Amazon is simple. Generating sales and profits from Amazon is totally different story and the successful OEMs don’t rely on Amazon for primary sales revenue and definitely not profits.

Without carrier and retail chain base for sales and support, profits are elusive before hardware overproduction. I’m sure you understand all this stuff easily in your profession and seem unhappy that BBMo/TCL hasn’t achieved success. The big OEMs aren’t giving up any sales to upstarts and BBMo/TCL is being forced to stand on its own with limited resources.
    Fair enough, but selling no devices is not a long-term solution for a company that wants to sell devices.
    09-21-18 03:19 AM
    Fair enough, but selling no devices is not a long-term solution for a company that wants to sell devices.
    That’s always been the case. BBMo/TCL only puts up for sale what it knows it has demand for. This has been the model since KEYone offering in the UK from the very beginning. They will sellout devices before they will overproduce devices. OnePlus used to be similar with their presales. Margins are thin at the net level. Additionally, BBMo/TCL wants carrier sales and carrier support. The DTEK lack of sales proves this even compared to Motion level of sales and this is all VKB compared to PKB. At certain point, direct sales irritates carriers.. plus no enhanced features on any carriers if factory unlocked.
    09-21-18 06:24 AM
    Is someone selling the KEY2 LE in other markets... other than early unofficial preorders?
    09-21-18 07:15 AM
    When it will be launching in india... I am eagerly waiting for it to be launched.....can anyone tell me.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-18 11:01 AM
    When it will be launching in india... I am eagerly waiting for it to be launched.....can anyone tell me.

Posted via CB10
    No one knows....

In India that's going to depend on cross licensing with Optimus and with in country assembly. With Optimus about to launch their own two phones... might be a little while. Do think the price is a much better option for that market, so hope you get it soon.
    09-21-18 12:04 PM
    Can we purchase one by end of this month?
    09-24-18 10:38 AM
    Can we purchase one by end of this month?
    You'll know in a few days....

I would have taught yes, as September was the "month" it was suppose to be available..... So I'm still expecting some locations to see official preorders go live.
    09-25-18 08:29 AM
    You'll know in a few days....

I would have taught yes, as September was the "month" it was suppose to be available..... So I'm still expecting some locations to see official preorders go live.
    I wonder what’s causing the delay. BBM always seems to have problems launching the product
    09-25-18 10:34 AM
    I wonder what’s causing the delay. BBM always seems to have problems launching the product
    The usual issues gauging demand from retailers is what I suspect.
    09-25-18 12:52 PM
    More likely it's what they planned all along.... When a BlackBerry device is suppose to launch in a particular month, than means the last business day of said month that orders will be opened. Delivery... that's another thing.

But someone has seen some dummy units showing up in Canada, so it's got to be soon (for Canada anyway).
    09-25-18 01:09 PM
    It's very unfortunate.
    09-25-18 03:14 PM
    Checking Amazon and Best Buy more than once a day with no 'LE' results. Prepared to deal with new product at first launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 03:32 PM
    I think we can safely assume that they are doing what they always do (and should be doing) for the US market: offer it first to carriers and hope that 1) several pick it up or 2) one picks it up as an exclusive offer. They know that it's easier to sell through carriers in the US.

If no carriers offer it, they will launch unlocked through retailers like they have with the previous three phones.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-25-18 04:05 PM
144 123 ...