There's no mention of this device but since the BBF100-1 is already known there is a void left for BBE100-1. Any ideas what this device could be? The rumoured Juno or an all touch from optimums?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 04:40 AM
    There's no mention of this device but since the BBF100-1 is already known there is a void left for BBE100-1. Any ideas what this device could be? The rumoured Juno or an all touch from optimums?

Posted via CB10
    There is no Juno - that's ancient history.

Perhaps something from PT BB Merah Putih?
    11-02-17 06:08 AM

Perhaps an Aurora 2 but I'm not so sure the Aurora 1 was so successful.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 06:36 AM
    Or perhaps something from Optiemus?
    I don't really expect BBMP to release another device so soon given the frequency of security updates of Aurora and it didn't exactly take off like they had hoped it would.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 07:46 AM
    Or perhaps something from Optiemus?
    I don't really expect BBMP to release another device so soon given the frequency of security updates of Aurora and it didn't exactly take off like they had hoped it would.

Posted via CB10
    I've wondered if the update cycle will improve, given that the refreshed DTEK app now includes a very prominent readout of the patch level. If this affects how the overall rating is calculated in some way, then it really has to improve.

There are some reports in the Aurora forum of a security update happening soon after this, but it could be just a coincidence.

Similarly, though, I'm not sure what BBMP's next move will be device-wise.
    11-02-17 11:55 AM

Since when??? I have been very impatiently waiting to see what this is. Hoping for a high end all touch??? Now my dreams are crushed. the motion looks interested but those bezels look hideous.

#luvmybb10os
    11-09-17 02:09 PM
    Since when??? I have been very impatiently waiting to see what this is. Hoping for a high end all touch??? Now my dreams are crushed. the motion looks interested but those bezels look hideous.

#luvmybb10os
    Edge-to-edge glass works against the whole niche BlackBerry Mobile is trying to target. They are trying to sell a durable, long battery life workhorse.

BBE may in fact be a higher-end touch, I don't know. I'm just saying what Bla1ze has said multiple times - the "Juno" name is history.
    11-09-17 02:12 PM
    Edge-to-edge glass works against the whole niche BlackBerry Mobile is trying to target. They are trying to sell a durable, long battery life workhorse.

BBE may in fact be a higher-end touch, I don't know. I'm just saying what Bla1ze has said multiple times - the "Juno" name is history.
    Gotcha. Well we can only hope!!! Lol.

#luvmybb10os
    11-09-17 05:33 PM
    If TCL is planning to release 2 new KBD devices and the BBF is thought to be for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ perhaps the BBE is this other KBD device

Posted via CB10
    01-13-18 06:04 PM
    https://www.gizchina.com/2018/01/11/...s-2018-models/

Above link claims the model BBE100 has made an appearance on the EaeUnion database. I'm not sure how to search that database to confirm but it seems to be a TCL device. BBE100 and BBF100 are suggested as the 2 new devices likely to debut at MWC.

Posted via CB10
    Azumarill likes this.
    01-14-18 07:24 PM
    https://www.gizchina.com/2018/01/11/...s-2018-models/

Above link claims the model BBE100 has made an appearance on the EaeUnion database. I'm not sure how to search that database to confirm but it seems to be a TCL device. BBE100 and BBF100 are suggested as the 2 new devices likely to debut at MWC.

Posted via CB10
    Nine models each?

Edit: probably not, I found the counterpart for the KEYone and Motion, and those list more models than actually exist too: https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/od...-530f96889dbc}
    01-14-18 08:04 PM
    Nine models each?

Edit: probably not, I found the counterpart for the KEYone and Motion, and those list more models than actually exist too: https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/od...-530f96889dbc}
    Yes I see it now and the link to the BBE/BBF query is https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/od...b-530f96889dbc (in case someone else is interested) Also you're probably right about the model numbers, maybe some are internal test model numbers too

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-14-18 at 11:29 PM.
    01-14-18 08:30 PM
    Taking a wild guess. 'E' for "Enterprise" .
    Number 1 might indicate most famous BlackBerry "The Passport" might be coming back in a souped up rendition.
    Possible name "Enterprise"
    01-19-18 01:31 AM
    Taking a wild guess. 'E' for "Enterprise" .
    Number 1 might indicate most famous BlackBerry "The Passport" might be coming back in a souped up rendition.
    Possible name "Enterprise"
    Blackberry's model numbers are just being incremented using the alphabet preceded with 'BB' (for Blackberry) and followed by 100-x (the x is for different regions). I don't see anything special with the letter 'E' and I don't think TCL is looking at an enterprise specific design but rather a device that can be used in either enterprise/consumer environments.

BBA - DTEK60
    BBB - KEYone
    BBC - Aurora (BB Merah Putih)
    BBD - Motion
    BBE - 2018 KBD device by TCL
    BBF - 2018 KBD device by TCL

if the trend goes the next Blackberry device among BB licensees will be BBG. The eventual name of the device probably will have nothing to do with device model number.

Edit: with that said the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is BBB and so far they have released subsequent versions all with the letter 'B' Black Edition and Bronze Edition. Perhaps it's just a coincidence or they are themed after the model number or themed after the Blackberry name itself. Maybe we'll see a repeat with E and F.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-20-18 at 09:10 AM.
    tazcubed likes this.
    01-19-18 08:05 AM
    Entrepreneur?
    01-19-18 08:09 AM
    Today's BB Launcher update (1.1.9.9136) has the first mention of the BBE100 I've seen.

The default launcher layout is the same as the BBF100 (Athena), i.e. this is a PKB device. It comes with layouts for China and the rest of the world, so there should be multiple variants planned (of course, with TCL/BlackBerry, planning != releasing). And it should run Oreo out of the box. Anything else will have to come from elsewhere.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    04-23-18 12:01 PM
    Today's BB Launcher update (1.1.9.9136) has the first mention of the BBE100 I've seen.

The default launcher layout is the same as the BBF100 (Athena), i.e. this is a PKB device. It comes with layouts for China and the rest of the world, so there should be multiple variants planned (of course, with TCL/BlackBerry, planning != releasing). And it should run Oreo out of the box. Anything else will have to come from elsewhere.
    Hypothetically speaking, if there exist a Priv replacement, it would use the Touch layout instead of the Keyboard layout in the said configuration?
    05-18-18 11:14 AM
    Hypothetically speaking, if there exist a Priv replacement, it would use the Touch layout instead of the Keyboard layout in the said configuration?
    With what BB seems to be doing with the launcher, the new device would have its own layout file regardless of form factor.
    05-18-18 11:53 AM
    06-18-18 10:24 PM
    https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/61705 -- Bluetooth SIG certification for BBE100-1/2/4/5
    Anyone have any idea as to whether this would be "higher end" than KEY2, or "lower end"? It would seem that it would need to have a different form factor than KEYone or KEY2 in any case. What form factor would it then have?
    I wonder if it would become available world wide.
    TCL did say they were releasing 3 phones this year, so I just wonder what this one will be like. Let the speculating begin....
    06-19-18 03:10 PM
    Anyone have any idea as to whether this would be "higher end" than KEY2, or "lower end"? It would seem that it would need to have a different form factor than KEYone or KEY2 in any case. What form factor would it then have?
    I wonder if it would become available world wide.
    TCL did say they were releasing 3 phones this year, so I just wonder what this one will be like. Let the speculating begin....
    It has Bluetooth 5, so it narrows down CPU choices to the Snapdragon 630/636/660/835/845. The first two are lower end than the KEY2 (which begs the question as to what niche they fill that the KEYone can't), the middle one is the KEY2, and the latter two are higher end than the KEY2 (i.e. even more exorbitant pricing). My hunch is a 630.

We know it has a physical keyboard thanks to configs from the BlackBerry Launcher, and from some other digging I've done, it exists in 4 variants: Americas, international, international dual SIM and China dual SIM.
    06-19-18 03:46 PM
    It has Bluetooth 5, so it narrows down CPU choices to the Snapdragon 630/636/660/835/845. The first two are lower end than the KEY2 (which begs the question as to what niche they fill that the KEYone can't), the middle one is the KEY2, and the latter two are higher end than the KEY2 (i.e. even more exorbitant pricing). My hunch is a 630.

We know it has a physical keyboard thanks to configs from the BlackBerry Launcher, and from some other digging I've done, it exists in 4 variants: Americas, international, international dual SIM and China dual SIM.
    I really hope its a Priv2. Check this link out, BlackBerry Priv 2: Patent Details Unique Camera Setup
    06-19-18 11:19 PM
    Today's launcher update (1.1.10.9480) adds some more info. BBE100 is the Luna, and the BBE100-3 is destined for China (since it's that one that's marked for China default config rather than generic).

It also adds configs for BBG100 and BBH100; those are presumably the two Optiemus devices (Ghost/Ghost Pro).
    06-21-18 02:38 PM
    I really hope its a Priv2. Check this link out, BlackBerry Priv 2: Patent Details Unique Camera Setup
    1. That was rumoured to be Uni, not Luna.
    2. It's already debunked as old patents.
    Ir0n_sEtH likes this.
    06-21-18 02:45 PM
    1. That was rumoured to be Uni, not Luna.
    2. It's already debunked as old patents.
    Damn, really? Was truly hoping for a Priv2. Thanks anyway for the heads up mate.
    06-21-18 09:43 PM
33 12