I went through several of the Samsung Galaxy watches, both the 42mm version and the 46mm one to get it to connect to mobile data service. Even the brand new Galaxy watch at the Verizon Corp store would not work as the rep tried several times, even involving their tier 2 support. I know Samsung does not show it to be compatible on their site, but figured since android it should. The Bluetooth works just fine.

Does anyone use a watch with LTE with this phone preferably on Verizon that you can recommend? I don't want to risk taking my Key 2 LE anywhere near water, and would like to be able to just bring the watch as a standalone device.
    08-16-19 02:07 PM
    I went through several of the Samsung Galaxy watches, both the 42mm version and the 46mm one to get it to connect to mobile data service. Even the brand new Galaxy watch at the Verizon Corp store would not work as the rep tried several times, even involving their tier 2 support. I know Samsung does not show it to be compatible on their site, but figured since android it should. The Bluetooth works just fine.

Does anyone use a watch with LTE with this phone preferably on Verizon that you can recommend? I don't want to risk taking my Key 2 LE anywhere near water, and would like to be able to just bring the watch as a standalone device.
    I will tell you this, I have worked on this issue in the past before I retired. When I would have our corporate phone techs at my disposal and the issue is simple. The manufactures relay want their phone tied to there watch. No one will admit to it but it is a simple truth. The Samsung phone works best with a Samsung watch.
    08-16-19 03:50 PM
    I will tell you this, I have worked on this issue in the past before I retired. When I would have our corporate phone techs at my disposal and the issue is simple. The manufactures relay want their phone tied to there watch. No one will admit to it but it is a simple truth. The Samsung phone works best with a Samsung watch.
    Thanks, but I have to believe there are some watches that have to work with this phone. Hopefully someone has experience with one that does for LTE so I can use as a stand alone device
    08-18-19 03:17 PM
    Thanks, but I have to believe there are some watches that have to work with this phone. Hopefully someone has experience with one that does for LTE so I can use as a stand alone device
    Trial and error will be your best shot. Since Key2 LE is running BBAndroid, other issues could be at play. What SteinwayTransitCorp posted is correct to point unless some watch OEM doesn’t make phones so is device neutral... unfortunately I believe those OEMs have gone under...
    08-18-19 06:22 PM
    My Moved Connect works great with my Atomic Red LE and it's reduced now if you want to bag a great deal; or you can wait until Fall for the new model to launch.
    08-19-19 06:15 AM
    Sorry auto correct mess up - Movado Connect
    08-19-19 07:57 AM