Google Photos is the default album for photos: is it me or does it kind of suck? Copying and pasting is really cumbersome, epsecially with email. I was trying to paste a photo into my car forum and it displayed a bunch of code that was thousands of characters. Also saved photos to my desktop to have them not open or be editable in MS Paint just to crop or shrink them for a separate email.

Like many of you I have no love for google to begin with.

Is there a better photo app you guys think is more user friendly?

This was one thing the iPhone did well; superior camera and user-friendly navigation on the photos.

But I HAVE TO HAVE MY PKB!
    05-31-19 05:26 PM
    Google Photos is the default album for photos: is it me or does it kind of suck? Copying and pasting is really cumbersome, epsecially with email. I was trying to paste a photo into my car forum and it displayed a bunch of code that was thousands of characters. Also saved photos to my desktop to have them not open or be editable in MS Paint just to crop or shrink them for a separate email.

This was one thing the iPhone did well; superior camera and user-friendly navigation on the photos.

I use an app called piktures, it's really good.
    05-31-19 06:44 PM
    Gallery apps are all about individual preference but it seems from your IOS history and want to be more private then Simple Gallery Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ls.gallery.pro is the one for you. It doesn't even need internet permission to run. If free vs a $1 means alot to you, it can be had free from F-Droid as well.
    05-31-19 07:55 PM
    for editing I use Snapseed
    06-02-19 01:47 AM

Another recommendation for Simple Gallery Pro. Google Photos needs work.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    06-02-19 04:30 AM
    Another vote for Simple Gallery, it's free, open source, and easy to use. The only downside is it doesn't support basic video editing, I'm not sure very many third party apps do though.
    06-02-19 12:34 PM
    I use Piktures and Image Galley.

Pictures stores them just how I want, in order of when taken or download.

Image Galley has them all over the place and drives me nuts trying to find an image. Is it in this folder. Nope. Maybe this one? Nope. wtf did it put it? Over here? Nope.
    lol

One of them, I think Galley, is not cropping pictures properly.

Sometimes I have to revert to Image Gallery if something doesn't work in Piktures so I have to keep both.

Hate Google Pix... I prefer to store on my card and not in Google. Way more work getting picture to laptop using Google Pix
    06-02-19 02:03 PM