On January 8, 2019 at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES), Blackberry Mobile announced that Verizon would be selling the Blackberry Key 2LE to its small business and Enterprise customers before the end of January.

It has been just over a month since the announcement, and no followup announcement or advertising on this by Verizon. I am hopeful that Verizon will unlock the premium features, such as WiFi calling, Visual Voice Messaging, and the like for the handsets that they sell. I had contacted Verizon's Small Business and Enterprise department to try to find out when the program would be started. They did not even hear about the CES announcement, or that there was a program for Verizon to start selling the Blackberry handset.

Has anyone heard or read anything more than the initial announcement more than a month ago?

My hopes are that Verizon will embrace the Blackberry concept once again.

Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 08:31 AM
    On January 8, 2019 at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES), Blackberry Mobile announced that Verizon would be selling the Blackberry Key 2LE to its small business and Enterprise customers before the end of January.

It has been just over a month since the announcement, and no followup announcement or advertising on this by Verizon. I am hopeful that Verizon will unlock the premium features, such as WiFi calling, Visual Voice Messaging, and the like for the handsets that they sell. I had contacted Verizon's Small Business and Enterprise department to try to find out when the program would be started. They did not even hear about the CES announcement, or that there was a program for Verizon to start selling the Blackberry handset.

Has anyone heard or read anything more than the initial announcement more than a month ago?

Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    As you point out, they were only going to sell the device through their corporate channel.

Maybe it takes time to wind up?
    02-12-19 08:51 AM

Thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    VZW sales rep confirmed the announcement to me but said there has been no further information. Business accounts can be opened for just one line. Business discounts will begin with four lines. The rep also stated that device release internal disclosure can be as little as seven days...
    02-12-19 09:11 AM
    I am waiting patiently for it to be available

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 03:38 PM
    no eta from our verizon rep either.... we are slowly deploying unlocked key2 le's for top level users but for a big fleet change we need the contract discounts.
    02-13-19 05:58 PM