I personally support BBMo 99% for its PKB, the brand name and security are in the remaining 1%.

I just hope that worst case, BB ltd stops being so stubborn like how they were quick to attack Ryan Seacrest's Typo cases, and licenses/sells its PKB patents (key sculpting and fret design, that's pretty much it) so that SOMEONE out there makes a decent portrait PKB device.

It's not too much to ask for, can't see all of us PKB fans worldwide being forced to move to glass in a couple years with no alternative option.

I just can't fathom such an atrocious scenario.
    04-29-19 05:36 PM
    It's not too much to ask for, can't see all of us PKB fans worldwide being forced to move to glass in a couple years with no alternative option.
    I just can't fathom such an atrocious scenario.
    Unfortunately, if you are just a PKB fan, that means you represent a very tiny segment of the population with little to no pull. I’m not sure where this is going to end up but it’s not looking good.
    04-29-19 05:56 PM
    Unfortunately, if you are just a PKB fan, that means you represent a very tiny segment of the population with little to no pull. I’m not sure where this is going to end up but it’s not looking good.
    However many BB10/Priv/KEY devices are in the wild right now could represent an approximate amount of PKB fans, and I'm sure it's well over 1M.
    04-29-19 09:05 PM
    The one thing that was true about the classic BBOS devices is that they were practically indestructible. Great plastic and no glass meant you could literally chuck them out of a car at freeway speed, pick them up, and make a call or send an email as often as not.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I always correlated that with industrial design like Toughbook or similar.
    04-30-19 07:34 AM
    I always correlated that with industrial design like Toughbook or similar.
    The Toughbook is pretty much the fashion template for my life, gray, a bit bulky and ugly, with no sense of style, but gets the job done under most circumstances!
    04-30-19 01:19 PM
    I think TCL has done great. I wasn't a fan of the Motion. I had the key one and got rid of it because it was before dark mode came out and I felt the white background in the app drawer and hub was too much on my eyes. I have both an iPhone 8 and Note 9 and never thought I would be back again. I've had the key 2 le for a couple of days and love it. Strongly considering selling my other 2 phones.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-25-19 06:36 AM
    I think TCL has done great. I wasn't a fan of the Motion. I had the key one and got rid of it because it was before dark mode came out and I felt the white background in the app drawer and hub was too much on my eyes. I have both an iPhone 8 and Note 9 and never thought I would be back again. I've had the key 2 le for a couple of days and love it. Strongly considering selling my other 2 phones.
    I believe the KEYone had the dark mode for the launcher back when it came out, but could be wrong
    05-25-19 09:48 PM
    TCL has done some things better than BlackBerry did.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-28-19 11:31 AM
    TCL has done some things better than BlackBerry did.
    Definitely agree there, especially when it comes to marketing the device (compare KEY2 commercial to the Priv for example)
    05-28-19 11:49 AM
    Overall, I agree.. TCL has been decent. If the priv had been non fully hw ( burning cpu) and better camera software. It would have saved BlackBerry. Buy TCL did a good job with the dtek60(other than crappie battery life) and keySeries.
    05-28-19 11:57 AM
    However many BB10/Priv/KEY devices are in the wild right now could represent an approximate amount of PKB fans, and I'm sure it's well over 1M.
    There is no doubt of that.... BBOS/BB10/BB Android, I'd give you 4 Million.

With people keeping devices longer, average for updating hardware are pushing over three years now. That would be fewer than a million units a year - that isn't viable. Granted there are many collectors here that will even buy two new devices in the same year... there are also those happy with their five year old phone if it meets their needs.

My guess is they need at least 6 - 8 million PKB fans in order to support a PKB only business model going forward.
    05-28-19 11:59 AM
86 ... 234