Just lost access to work apps on my Key2LE BYOD as we upgraded from Boxer to MobileIron and Android v8.1 is below the minimum requirement - hurry up Onward!
    You're probably waiting from between 6-9 months and never.

If this doesn't happen by the one year anniversary of the announcement, it would suggest failure.
    02-26-21 12:06 PM
    Unfortunately I think you are right. I think I am going to have to decide 1) give up functionality, 2) dual-carry and accept a work-provided iPhone, or 3) upgrade
    02-26-21 12:42 PM
    Unfortunately I think you are right. I think I am going to have to decide 1) give up functionality, 2) dual-carry and accept a work-provided iPhone, or 3) upgrade
    I wouldn't wait on OM.... Odds are if they release a phone it's not going to be what many here will want anyway.
    02-26-21 01:22 PM
    I'd accept the iPhone since company provided and supported.

Let the company do their own heavy lifting now since things aren't the simplicity of before.
    02-26-21 01:26 PM
    If my employer (I am self employed and a business owner) required me to have a business phone I would never use said device for ANYTHING personal.

I know many here work for larger corporations do you not have a personal device? Do you use your work phone for personal usage and reasons? I interface with large insurance corporations all the time and any/all I work with almost always have their own personal device in addition to their work Samsung or iPhone.
    02-26-21 04:39 PM
    If my employer (I am self employed and a business owner) required me to have a business phone I would never use said device for ANYTHING personal.

I know many here work for larger corporations do you not have a personal device? Do you use your work phone for personal usage and reasons? I interface with large insurance corporations all the time and any/all I work with almost always have their own personal device in addition to their work Samsung or iPhone.
    Well, most people at large institutions are on a corporate UEM, and personal and business spaces are separated and inaccessible to each other.
    ssirica likes this.
    02-26-21 05:19 PM
    Well, most people at large institutions are on a corporate UEM, and personal and business spaces are separated and inaccessible to each other.
    Yes - it is really quite good how well the separation of work space and personal space is managed - I never had any qualms about a single BYOD phone being used for both - the technology is quite solid to protect you from doing something stupid!
    02-26-21 05:58 PM
    Yes - it is really quite good how well the separation of work space and personal space is managed - I never had any qualms about a single BYOD phone being used for both - the technology is quite solid to protect you from doing something stupid!
    The device in these scenarios are the property of the corporation or business and at any time them deem necessary could revoke or remove.

Again all good if those using theirs are comfortable doing so. I personally would never use a device for joint purposes.
    02-26-21 06:10 PM
    The device in these scenarios are the property of the corporation or business and at any time them deem necessary could revoke or remove.

Again all good if those using theirs are comfortable doing so. I personally would never use a device for joint purposes.
    Devices with dual spaces are normally property of the employee - hence the term BYOD. Corporate-issued devices rarely are set up with a personal container.
    02-26-21 06:17 PM
    Devices with dual spaces are normally property of the employee - hence the term BYOD. Corporate-issued devices rarely are set up with a personal container.
    I thought earlier the individual noted it was a work provided phone and would possibly dual carry? I did not read this as a BYOD. If so my bad. I would never BYOD in a corporation either. If they required I have a phone they would need to provide one.
    02-26-21 06:25 PM
    I thought earlier the individual noted it was a work provided phone and would possibly dual carry? I did not read this as a BYOD. If so my bad. I would never BYOD in a corporation either. If they required I have a phone they would need to provide one.
    It is a BYOD situation and while it wasn't a requirement it was a huge convenience to have access to my schedule without having to open my laptop and connect via VPN.
    02-26-21 06:31 PM
    I would never BYOD in a corporation either. If they required I have a phone they would need to provide one.
    Surely having a small corporate container on your device is better than lugging around a second device 24/7.
    02-26-21 06:48 PM

It is a BYOD situation and while it wasn't a requirement it was a huge convenience to have access to my schedule without having to open my laptop and connect via VPN.
    My point was that if company is willing to give me phone, that's a great solution to keep great life balance and to also both separate. Like conite and bh7171, I'm self employed and do all type of vendor relationship agreements.

Some of the vendors require access to review my device for regulators as part of the agreement. For that reason, I dual carry. Even though, my device, I treat it like an employer phone.
    02-26-21 07:15 PM
38 12