But with one huge caveat.. I'm on Verizon.

Reading through the forums, I'm still not clear.

If I buy this device and get a new SIM from a Verizon store will it work?

I'm so close to buying this device or the iPhone, and I really hope I don't have to result to the latter.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and William Smith40 like this.
    11-12-18 07:11 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. Based on what we have read the LE seems to be working much better on Verizon as of late. I am thinking of waiting until the end of the month to see what Black Friday deals are coming out and to make sure I feel comfortable I can get the LE to work without any issues.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-12-18 07:33 AM
    Bought LE from Best Buy 2 weeks ago, took my device directly to a corporate Verizon store and received a new sim and had them register my IMEI to my account. Restarted my phone a couple of times and I as well as others can report the device is fully functional.

Sending and receiving SMS and MMS, great reception. No Visual Voicemail.
    11-12-18 08:14 AM
    I would pull the trigger. It's a rock solid device.
    11-12-18 09:25 PM
    Bought LE from Best Buy 2 weeks ago, took my device directly to a corporate Verizon store and received a new sim and had them register my IMEI to my account. Restarted my phone a couple of times and I as well as others can report the device is fully functional.

Sending and receiving SMS and MMS, great reception. No Visual Voicemail.
    Thanks for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-18 11:42 PM
    honestly if you're worried about this kind of thing, you're best bet is to go to a manufacturer that provides support and updates. BB no longer gives monthly security updates and they're now known for abandoning devices. Their 2016 models, the DTEK lineup never got a single OS upgrade.

you're going to be fighting a disappointing and unfulfilling battle if you go with an android BB.

I hope they can fix it but they likely won't. BB is thriving since they jettisoned their mobile hardware division. There's literally nothing in it for them to keep developing their apps snd launcher.
    gjh1978 likes this.
    11-13-18 12:04 AM
    honestly if you're worried about this kind of thing, you're best bet is to go to a manufacturer that provides support and updates. BB no longer gives monthly security updates and they're now known for abandoning devices. Their 2016 models, the DTEK lineup never got a single OS upgrade.

you're going to be fighting a disappointing and unfulfilling battle if you go with an android BB.

I hope they can fix it but they likely won't. BB is thriving since they jettisoned their mobile hardware division. There's literally nothing in it for them to keep developing their apps snd launcher.
    I agree mostly, but if you want a PKB, it's Hobson's choice. The LE seems like a solid choice for the money.
    William Smith40 and the_boon like this.
    11-13-18 06:32 AM

I'd rather have the PKB than type on the most up-to-date glass.
    11-13-18 07:20 AM
    I'm in the same boat. watching...
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-13-18 10:20 AM
    Their 2016 models, the DTEK lineup never got a single OS upgrade.
    Different company entirely.

Security patches is just one component of the overall package. And even at that, over 90% of all Blackberry Mobile devices are within 60 days.

http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf
    11-13-18 11:20 AM
    I'd rather have the PKB than type on the most up-to-date glass.
    +1000. My wife and sister came from old-school BlackBerry days and now they are both rocking the KEYone. We recently swapped my wife's BlackBerry and she used an old classic instead of a slab during the waiting period.

They are hooked on PKB to say the least.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-13-18 09:04 PM
    What did any of that have to do with OP's question of it working on VZW? Which it does.

OP: Will it work on VZW...

You: I'm going to ignore that question and tell you about security updates.

Lulz.
    11-14-18 01:40 AM
    +1000. My wife and sister came from old-school BlackBerry days and now they are both rocking the KEYone. We recently swapped my wife's BlackBerry and she used an old classic instead of a slab during the waiting period.

They are hooked on PKB to say the least.
    I couldn't pay my wife to use a BB (or any Android) lol. iOS or nothing for her.
    I lent her my LE for just under a week, so I can't say she didn't try.
    Did just fine on the PKB (didn't make more spelling errors than on glass).

She says she misses the RGB LED because with WhatsApp it's so awesome to be able to assign a different color for individual contacts or groups

The iPhone LED alerts are atrocious. Instead of a discreet LED on the front, we get a triple bright-a** flash from the rear camera which makes it look more like the phone is sending a distress signal than notifying you of your latest message.
    11-14-18 04:45 AM
    I couldn't pay my wife to use a BB (or any Android) lol. iOS or nothing for her.
    I lent her my LE for just under a week, so I can't say she didn't try.
    Did just fine on the PKB (didn't make more spelling errors than on glass).

She says she misses the RGB LED because with WhatsApp it's so awesome to be able to assign a different color for individual contacts or groups

The iPhone LED alerts are atrocious. Instead of a discreet LED on the front, we get a triple bright-a** flash from the rear camera which makes it look more like the phone is sending a distress signal than notifying you of your latest message.
    I suggested my wife went back to a BB on Android and she said, "Don't even think of getting me a PKB, I'm not going back to those."
    The problem in Spain is that using a PKB now is seen as weird and old-fashioned. I could give her my Motion, but feel she'd be disappointed coming from her Sammy Edge 7 Swarovzki edition.
    11-14-18 05:50 AM
    I suggested my wife went back to a BB on Android and she said, "Don't even think of getting me a PKB, I'm not going back to those."
    The problem in Spain is that using a PKB now is seen as weird and old-fashioned. I could give her my Motion, but feel she'd be disappointed coming from her Sammy Edge 7 Swarovzki edition.
    Lolz

Is her only reason for not wanting a PKB because it's "outdated" in Spain?
    11-14-18 06:44 AM
    Lolz

Is her only reason for not wanting a PKB because it's "outdated" in Spain?
    I'll have to ask (if I dare). It's probably not wanting to relearn typing on a PKB. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if she ever had one. So, probably a combination of factors. Also for a woman, the S7 Edge Swarovzki Smartgirl edition is very unlikely to appear as an option for any PKB or VKB by BBmo!!
    11-14-18 06:52 AM
    I'll have to ask (if I dare). It's probably not wanting to relearn typing on a PKB. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if she ever had one. So, probably a combination of factors. Also for a woman, the S7 Edge Swarovzki Smartgirl edition is very unlikely to appear as an option for any PKB or VKB by BBmo!!
    I'm a outdated spaniard then...
    11-14-18 06:57 AM
    I'm a outdated spaniard then...
    ¡Lo mismo digo!

Actually, one of her friends asked where she could get a PKB BB. She thought the company had closed. I reckon a nice red LE would be what she's looking for.

Unfortunately, there are probably many people in Spain and around the world who'd buy a BB Android but they haven't received the news that they still exist.

Como ya sabes Señor El Gordón, you can't get your hands on one here in Spain... except if you get an invitation to the WMC in Barcelona...
    ElGorgon likes this.
    11-14-18 07:01 AM
    K2le on VZW works great, far superior to K1 and I have had no issues since the first day after they got the SIM worked out.
    11-14-18 07:31 AM
    if you scan the forums it appears visual vm is not working and there are probably a few other minor issues related to BYOD but reception is far superior to K1 in LTE areas, I have yet to encounter lack of signal in an urban environment. Can't really vouch for the burbs or countryside of coverage. However, I did travel outside the country and could make calls on both 4 and what appeared to be 3g coverage as well.
    11-14-18 07:37 AM
    Can anyone comment how long they've owned a LE and how is the performance thus far? I hope this phone is snappy and quick. My KeyOne just lacks that snippy speed. When I clear it out of junk it functions good, just never great, and I love that phone. Curious to see how this LE performs over some time when digitajunk accumulates in the cache.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 07:54 AM
    Can anyone comment how long they've owned a LE and how is the performance thus far? I hope this phone is snappy and quick. My KeyOne just lacks that snippy speed. When I clear it out of junk it functions good, just never great, and I love that phone. Curious to see how this LE performs over some time when digitajunk accumulates in the cache.

Posted via CB10
    Why not just buy one and return it if you don't like it?
    Livermore likes this.
    11-16-18 08:02 AM
    I'm not familiar with Bestbuys return policy. I thought if you open the packaging you can't return it? Forgive my ignorance lol

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 08:04 AM
    I'm not familiar with Bestbuys return policy. I thought if you open the packaging you can't return it? Forgive my ignorance lol

Posted via CB10
    Amazon gives you 30 days, as long as you keep the original packaging and all of the contents.

Bestbuy gives you 15 days on opened mobile devices.
    11-16-18 08:14 AM
    Amazon gives you 30 days, as long as you keep the original packaging and all of the contents.
    Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 08:14 AM
30 12