I have not been able to use that app since I moved from the Classic.

I read somewhere that it is supported on the LE? If so, do I get it from the Google Play store? What is it called exactly, Verizon Messages?
    01-09-19 05:53 PM
    I read somewhere that it is supported on the LE?
    Seems it depends on who you talk to / ask. - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...email-1158805/
    01-09-19 06:40 PM
    I believe those who have been successful have called CS and asked them to downgrade to Basic Visual Voicemail. That's seems to be the key...
    01-09-19 09:41 PM
    I activated my Key2 LE on Verizon this week. They had no problem turning on the "CDMA LESS" feature. However, the only way I can access voicemail is to dial *86. When I receive a voicemail, the icon does appear at the top of the screen, but when I click it, it takes me to a voicemail setup screen that I can't really change anything on. The voicemail tab under the phone app says that visual voicemail is disabled.

Basic visual voicemail is enabled on my account.
    Support techs in the store and at the 1-800 number state that I cannot have premium visual voicemail on my phone.

Do I need to remove the visual voicemail altogether? I'd like to at least be able to see what phone number called me, and when!
    01-12-19 10:55 AM
    I activated my Key2 LE on Verizon this week. They had no problem turning on the "CDMA LESS" feature. However, the only way I can access voicemail is to dial *86. When I receive a voicemail, the icon does appear at the top of the screen, but when I click it, it takes me to a voicemail setup screen that I can't really change anything on. The voicemail tab under the phone app says that visual voicemail is disabled.

Support techs in the store and at the 1-800 number state that I cannot have premium visual voicemail on my phone.

Do I need to remove the visual voicemail altogether? I'd like to at least be able to see what phone number called me, and when!
    VZW is giving a LOT of conflicting information right now. The LE will be officially sold on the business side, possibly later this month.
    01-12-19 07:21 PM

No issue on my end with Visual Voicemail.
    01-14-19 06:18 AM
    Basic VVM is activated on my account, but is disabled according to my Key2 LE. VZW Customer Service told me the same thing they told you.

When you get to the VM settings menu, can you select "Advanced Settings" ? If so, go to "Voice-mail Password" and enter your password. This will allow you click "Call Voice-mail" option under the Voice-mail tab which is the same as dialing *86 and entering your password. It saves a few steps and is the best workaround I could find since Basic VVM is not working for me. I believe you will not have the "Call Voice-mail" option if you turn off Basic VVM through Verizon or deselect the option in your phone settings. You will need to dial *86 from your keypad and enter your password.

On another note: I didn't get a new SIM card when I switched from my PRIV. Someone on the forum suggested I do so in an attempt to get Basic VVM working. I haven't been able to make it into a corporate store. Did you get a new SIM card? It might be worth a shot.
    01-14-19 10:12 AM
    Just got my K2 LE working properly on Verizon (with SMS/MMS) and I'm seeing the same behavior as everyone else. Can't activate VVM. Maybe a future software update? We're certainly due.
    01-18-19 05:03 PM
    Just got my K2 LE working properly on Verizon (with SMS/MMS) and I'm seeing the same behavior as everyone else. Can't activate VVM. Maybe a future software update? We're certainly due.
    I got VVM working, by dropping the SIM card into an official VZN device (in my case, a Samsung J3 V).

For me, I was able to log in to my enterprise account and the Basic Visual Voicemail option was available so I provisioned it and activated it on the J3. Then I moved the SIM card back to the Key2 and it immediately was able to see the VVM.

If you cant add it online you can probably have customer service do it while it is on another phone, then move the SIM back and have the option stick. Now when I edit features I can see that it is enabled, even after switching back to the Key2.

I suspect that if I ever turned the feature off it wont be available to switch back on again without going through the same workaround.
    bibbula likes this.
    03-04-19 12:00 PM
    If you get them to enable Caller Name ID (might be available with SIM in an LE, definitely not an option with the SIM in the Key2), it works fine with both Key2 and Key2 LE once provisioned. I'm getting names now on my Key2 when I get inbound calls just like with a landline. Of course theres a $2.99/month gouge for this feature.

I provisioned the features on a J3 and moved the SIM and the features stuck.
    03-04-19 04:41 PM
    I got VVM working, by dropping the SIM card into an official VZN device (in my case, a Samsung J3 V).

For me, I was able to log in to my enterprise account and the Basic Visual Voicemail option was available so I provisioned it and activated it on the J3. Then I moved the SIM card back to the Key2 and it immediately was able to see the VVM.

If you cant add it online you can probably have customer service do it while it is on another phone, then move the SIM back and have the option stick. Now when I edit features I can see that it is enabled, even after switching back to the Key2.

I suspect that if I ever turned the feature off it wont be available to switch back on again without going through the same workaround.
    I do not have another phone to try moving the SIM to, do you think it might work with my previous BlackBerry 10?
    03-11-19 10:42 AM
    I should add, I had the VVM on the previous BB.
    03-11-19 10:50 AM
    Are we simply talking about the notification of a message or the service where you can listen to your message without dialing your voice-mail number? The free version of the latter has been phased out.
    03-11-19 12:31 PM
    I do not have another phone to try moving the SIM to, do you think it might work with my previous BlackBerry 10?
    I think if you have VVM active you should be able to switch to the K2 and keep it, main challenge is the CDMA-less stuff really.
    03-11-19 12:31 PM
    Are we simply talking about the notification of a message or the service where you can listen to your message without dialing your voice-mail number? The free version of the latter has been phased out.
    They call it "Basic Visual Voicemail" and it's definitely not phased out for Android. On the Key2 it integrates directly into the dialer app if it is provisioned correctly.
    03-11-19 12:45 PM
    I think if you have VVM active you should be able to switch to the K2 and keep it, main challenge is the CDMA-less stuff really.
    Unfortunately no. The Key2 LE did not come with the VV M software and Verizon is giving me the same story incompatible.
    03-11-19 12:48 PM
    They call it "Basic Visual Voicemail" and it's definitely not phased out for Android. On the Key2 it integrates directly into the dialer app if it is provisioned correctly.
    I don't have that option on my K1. When I set the phone up, they said it wasn't available. Of course the website does say visual voice-mail is compatible. Perhaps I need to investigate further? I had it on my Q10 and really liked it.
    03-11-19 12:51 PM
    I don't have that option on my K1. When I set the phone up, they said it wasn't available. Of course the website does say visual voice-mail is compatible. Perhaps I need to investigate further? I had it on my Q10 and really liked it.
    That may be a provisioning issue, I do like the feature quite a bit.
    03-11-19 01:05 PM
    Basic VVM is activated on my account, but is disabled according to my Key2 LE. VZW Customer Service told me the same thing they told you.

When you get to the VM settings menu, can you select "Advanced Settings" ? If so, go to "Voice-mail Password" and enter your password. This will allow you click "Call Voice-mail" option under the Voice-mail tab which is the same as dialing *86 and entering your password. It saves a few steps and is the best workaround I could find since Basic VVM is not working for me. I believe you will not have the "Call Voice-mail" option if you turn off Basic VVM through Verizon or deselect the option in your phone settings. You will need to dial *86 from your keypad and enter your password.

On another note: I didn't get a new SIM card when I switched from my PRIV. Someone on the forum suggested I do so in an attempt to get Basic VVM working. I haven't been able to make it into a corporate store. Did you get a new SIM card? It might be worth a shot.
    Basic VVM or Basic VM? My LE initially had Basic VM enabled, which isnt the same thing.

The trick I used involved putting the CDMA-less SIM into a VZN phone that supports Basic VVM, enabling Basic VVM, and then moving the SIM back to the LE. The built in Phone/Dialer app then lit up with VVM. After the LE was happy I moved the sim to a full Key2 which works perfectly with all features, except wifi calling.
    bibbula likes this.
    03-11-19 03:29 PM
    Basic VVM or Basic VM? My LE initially had Basic VM enabled, which isnt the same thing.

The trick I used involved putting the CDMA-less SIM into a VZN phone that supports Basic VVM, enabling Basic VVM, and then moving the SIM back to the LE. The built in Phone/Dialer app then lit up with VVM. After the LE was happy I moved the sim to a full Key2 which works perfectly with all features, except wifi calling.
    Basic VVM, basic VM was working fine until today. As of today I am getting a message saying, "Voicemail number unknown.". For some unknown reason my Voicemail settings changed and deleted my Voicemail number.
    03-12-19 08:31 AM