1: find a Verizon corporate store. (Not an authorized dealer like Boost mobile as a Verizon reseller)

2: get a Sim from the store employee that says on the credit card style Sim card "BULKSIM-TRI-A". They will try to be helpful and activate the Sim, let them. They'll have to use any random device's IMEI to get your number onto the Sim. Make a test call, and leave. You're done there.

3: call Verizon, ask for tech support *open a case if needed* but a level 2 tech and an engineer ("level 3" tech as noted in another thread) will need to do this next part together.

4: With tech on the phone, be sure to relay that their name is all over the box so they need to help you get this problem resolved! BB is NOT the fix- keep calling verizon until you get a good tech to own this issue. Tell them this (stolen from another thread): from aaronaccetta
    Ask them to add a Batch Order for an SFO, the SFO code is 83856 so you can have the service provisioned for Verizon CDMA.

5: be sure you have "advanced calling- HD calling" enabled on your device.

6: here's the part to make it all work- have them program your Sim to an IMEI device that is LTE ONLY!!!! The second they do this (for me without even restarting) sms started blowing thru. I don't know what device they used but they specifically said a dummy LTE only device.

Best of luck to you all, I hope this device becomes a game changer for the cellular market and we can once again continue to look forward to reasonably priced, feature rich phones! It's nice to get away from iPhone after ten long years.
    josby, the_boon and bibbula like this.
    10-30-18 10:33 PM
    Thanks! I just got my LE yesterday. Most of my texting is through Google Voice, so for now I'm just leaving my SMS format to 3GPP2 so I can receive normal texts, then switching it to 3GPP if I need to send one. But I've bookmarked your post to help me out once I get tired of that and decide to get mine fixed.
    10-31-18 11:53 AM
    Currently have a ticket in with BlackBerry Mobile, let's see if they can help at all to avoid all this unecessary work that seems to be involved.
    10-31-18 03:23 PM
    1: find a Verizon corporate store. (Not an authorized dealer like Boost mobile as a Verizon reseller)

2: get a Sim from the store employee that says on the credit card style Sim card "BULKSIM-TRI-A". They will try to be helpful and activate the Sim, let them. They'll have to use any random device's IMEI to get your number onto the Sim. Make a test call, and leave. You're done there.

3: call Verizon, ask for tech support *open a case if needed* but a level 2 tech and an engineer ("level 3" tech as noted in another thread) will need to do this next part together.

4: With tech on the phone, be sure to relay that their name is all over the box so they need to help you get this problem resolved! BB is NOT the fix- keep calling verizon until you get a good tech to own this issue. Tell them this (stolen from another thread): from aaronaccetta
    Ask them to add a Batch Order for an SFO, the SFO code is 83856 so you can have the service provisioned for Verizon CDMA.

5: be sure you have "advanced calling- HD calling" enabled on your device.

6: here's the part to make it all work- have them program your Sim to an IMEI device that is LTE ONLY!!!! The second they do this (for me without even restarting) sms started blowing thru. I don't know what device they used but they specifically said a dummy LTE only device.

Best of luck to you all, I hope this device becomes a game changer for the cellular market and we can once again continue to look forward to reasonably priced, feature rich phones! It's nice to get away from iPhone after ten long years.
    I did everything you said and it still did not work. Took 2 trips to Verizon store and 5 calls to Verizon. Then I called BlackBerry Mobile. They specifically told me to tell Verizon to have their Network Support Department have my SMS format for receiving SMS changed to 3GPP. (Also BlackBerry sent me an email explaining the solution)That solved the problem. The RDO Code above was never applied to my account. They also tried 4 different sim cards and that alone did not solve it. But I did end up with the sim listed above.
    10-31-18 06:34 PM
    I don't know what I did with all the tinkering, but SMS is fully working on my KEY2LE with no SFO code or SIM change...I'm on 3GPP format using Verizon message + and I'm sending while receiving. I'm not touching a damn setting going forward!
    Yellowtim likes this.
    11-01-18 11:02 AM
    Returning my KEY2LE. Too much of a hassle to get this to fully work on Verizon. I've been through 3 new SIM cards, 2 Corporate store visits, transferred to level 3 tech twice and had BlackBerry Mobile support claim to not know what issue I'm referencing.

I tried so hard to make this work. Tojany issues with BlackBerry Mobile devices here in the states unless you want to use TMobile. Back to my Note 9, it's a bummer, I was wanting to sell the Note 9 and use the KEY2LE exclusively for business.
    11-03-18 05:09 AM
    Guess I just got lucky. I picked up a new SIM from a Corp. store last week initially intended from for a different device.

I returned that particular phone, picked up a Key2 LE from Best Buy, popped the SIM in and was good to go. Calls, texts, VVM all working with no issue.
    phuoc and the_boon like this.
    11-05-18 12:47 PM
    Guess I just got lucky. I picked up a new SIM from a Corp. store last week initially intended from for a different device.

I returned that particular phone, picked up a Key2 LE from Best Buy, popped the SIM in and was good to go. Calls, texts, VVM all working with no issue.
    What was the device that the SIM was intended for originally?
    11-05-18 02:30 PM
    I picked it up for a Razer Phone 2. The rep at Verizon originally thought I was talking about the old school Moto Razr 😂

Eventually they gave me a new card after I explained what it was.
    11-05-18 02:41 PM
    Well I spent another 2 hours on the phone with Tier 2 support. They reset my voicemail back to basic visual voicemail and said that they need to submit another ticket into Tier 3 to add SFO 83856 back on my account since this is an LTE only device. He explained that this SFO is to provison my Key2 LE as a CDMA-Free device. I went into ARDA and manually changed my SMS format on the device and then I started receiving MMS, SMS and VVM is working.
    The only problem is I can not send SMS messages. I will leave it this way until the SFO is applied.
    11-05-18 05:31 PM