I talked to a verizon rep. He told me to stay away from LE because they won't work because of 5g being inplemented. He said it may only work for a year. Haha

Posted via CB10
    10-29-18 05:49 PM
    I talked to a verizon rep. He told me to stay away from LE because they won't work because of 5g being inplemented. He said it may only work for a year. Haha

Posted via CB10
    He's ridiculous.

There isn't a single device out today that has 5G.
    the_boon and ikalinin like this.
    10-29-18 05:55 PM
    We’ll have key3 by then so no worries .
    10-29-18 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the most asanine statement I've ever read. 4GLTE will be around and relevant for AT LEAST another 5-10 years before 5G has widespread availability.
    10-29-18 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nor will any other modern cell phone, including the iPhone X.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-29-18 09:03 PM
    Late to the party ..has the Verizon no sending SMS problem been fixed?
    10-29-18 11:37 PM
    Late to the party ..has the Verizon no sending SMS problem been fixed?
    Yes. It was a provisioning problem on Verizon's end.
    jegs2 likes this.
    10-29-18 11:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    By that logic no phone that you buy right now will work for more than a year
    10-30-18 04:17 AM
    He's ridiculous.

Seems Xiaomi Mi Mix3 will be the first but the 5G version is now delayed although the phone was officially announced!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 04:44 AM
    Seems Xiaomi Mi Mix3 will be the first but the 5G version is now delayed although the phone was officially announced!

Posted via CB10
    A 5G phone in a 4G world is about as useful as a hydrogen car with only 1 or 2 hydrogen pumps in the country...

... OK maybe I exaggerated because the 5G phone can still function fine on 4G lol
    10-30-18 05:15 AM
    A 5G phone in a 4G world is about as useful as a hydrogen car with only 1 or 2 hydrogen pumps in the country...

... OK maybe I exaggerated because the 5G phone can still function fine on 4G lol
    It's good to see that the forum is already prepared for a Key3 without 5G :-)

Posted via CB10
    ikalinin and PantherBlitz like this.
    10-30-18 05:48 AM
    Yes. It was a provisioning problem on Verizon's end.
    Still multiples of us out there waiting for it to be resolved. Despite having multiple SIM card swaps and reprovisioning of codes.
    10-30-18 06:05 AM
    Still multiples of us out there waiting for it to be resolved. Despite having multiple SIM card swaps and reprovisioning of codes.
    That's more a function of particular Verizon people not knowing what they are doing.
    ikalinin and Jake2826 like this.
    10-30-18 06:29 AM
    That's more a function of particular Verizon people not knowing what they are doing.
    Corporate Stores
    Customer Service
    Business Customer Service
    Tier 1 Tech Support
    Tier 2 Tech Support
    Engineering/Network

I've had conversations with someone from all these areas, I am getting for sure frustrated.
    10-30-18 07:59 AM
    Corporate Stores
    Customer Service
    Business Customer Service
    Tier 1 Tech Support
    Tier 2 Tech Support
    Engineering/Network

I've had conversations with someone from all these areas, I am getting for sure frustrated.
    But that's mostly because you're trying to avoid replacing the SIM, right?
    10-30-18 08:02 AM
    But that's mostly because you're trying to avoid replacing the SIM, right?
    I've tried two different SIM cards thus far, first one wouldn't activate saying not compatible with device. Second one activated but still same issues with SMS.
    10-30-18 10:46 AM
    I've tried two different SIM cards thus far, first one wouldn't activate saying not compatible with device. Second one activated but still same issues with SMS.
    You need a new SIM, which forces them to reactivate the device - thus having it re-provisioned from scratch.
    10-30-18 10:50 AM
    You need a new SIM, which forces them to reactivate the device - thus having it re-provisioned from scratch.
    Both instances were new SIM cards.
    10-30-18 10:51 AM
    Both instances were new SIM cards.
    I don't understand then why it's working for everyone else.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    10-30-18 10:52 AM
    Yea get a replacement.
    10-30-18 10:57 AM
    Have them register the phone by having them scan the phone box instead of the SIM card itself. My phone did the same exact thing. I then put the SIM card in the next slot instead of the regular slot they put it in and low and behold it started working. That was the second Verizon store I went to as the other Verizon store had employees who knew nothing at all. Clueless. Guy argued that the phone was not for Verizon and he showed me on the website so I showed him the box and he was dumbfounded.....but the phone will work...
    10-30-18 01:30 PM
    He's ridiculous.

Motorola it's the only phone that Verizon it's selling with 5G
    10-30-18 07:56 PM
    OP, your VZ rep might be excited about their 1st 5G home high speed wifi (Oct. 1, 2018 limited deployment) and extrapolated to 5G phone in the field next year... handset operated at that speed still got some tech challenges, one of them is directivity (antenna), not mention cost and power consumption (you use more data, more transmission, more power), not like home station, you plug in to the wall and stationary. If I have to bet the 1st deployment of 5G carrier country wide, I would bet on ATT side instead of VZ, although VZ has all the motivation to do so - their CDMA is on its way out...soon or later... IMHO. By the way, are you one of those lucky soul live in the 5G home deployment zone? ;-)
    "HOUSTON RESIDENT IS FIRST 5G CUSTOMER ON THE GLOBE
    5G Home Installations Start Today

NEW YORK, Oct. 01, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The very first commercial 5G network on the globe goes live today. Verizon’s 5G Home network, providing 5G broadband internet service, is officially live today for consumers in parts of Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Sacramento. Installations of 5G Home began this morning for “First on 5G” customers in those cities, with a resident of Houston, Clayton Harris, becoming the first 5G customer in the world.

Built on the Verizon-led open 5G TF network standard, Verizon 5G Home is the next generation of home broadband internet service that provides super-fast Wi-Fi."
    10-30-18 09:38 PM
    OP, if VZ ready to deploy full 5G mobile system for network and handsets, I would expect they would submit abstract to the below as marketing scheme and have at least 5 handsets under qualification right now (qual need 6-8 month for new generation of handsets that is totally different from the "prior art"). IMHO. you can keep your eyes on this conference and see any VZ presentation there...
    Roadmap to 5G: Rising to the Challenge - IEEE AccessIEEE Access
    10-30-18 09:58 PM
    Motorola it's the only phone that Verizon it's selling with 5G
    If you are referring to the Z3, it will require an add-on module apparently available next year.
    10-30-18 11:26 PM
26 12