How does your le service compare with the keyone? Just curious with no cdma.
    10-29-18 07:15 AM
    So far I have not noticed any worse reception in nyc, but it's only been 2 1/2 days. If anything, if the bars can be trusted?, it seems like better reception/signal strength than my K1. I'll try to update... and especially concerned about traveling out of town where coverage may be spottier.
    10-29-18 08:39 AM
    thank you for your response. I am just
    debating between the keyone and le. haha
    10-29-18 08:52 AM
    thank you for your response. I am just
    debating between the keyone and le. haha
    LE all the way, especially reception wise
    phuoc likes this.
    10-29-18 09:32 AM
    You might want to wait to see how rural reception issues play out, otherwise I don't mind loosing capacitive pkb like the larger/flat finished keyboard MUCH more, and overall it feels much faster than my k1, I just hope it stays that way over time.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-29-18 10:44 AM
    How does your le service compare with the keyone? Just curious with no cdma.
    CDMA will disappear shortly anyway.
    10-29-18 11:20 AM
    Thank you. I didn't know if the cdma phase out would take a while or if it's like pulling a plug. I have a classic and a s6 and am on 3g at work quite a bit.
    10-29-18 04:22 PM
    Verizon is already well into the process of decommissoning CDMA, and that work will continue though the middle of next year, but by the fall of 2019, it's going to be gone. Sprint may take a little longer, but the last remnants of CDMA are going away quickly.

But just because an older CDMA device still uses CDMA doesn't mean a new device will - older devices will lack the necessary LTE bands that newer phones will have, so that shouldn't be an issue. The CDMA frequencies themselves are being re-farmed to LTE, so the bands won't go away - they'll just require an LTE radio on those frequencies rather than a CDMA radio.

You can already get 5G (5th Generation) data service in the Los Angeles area on Verizon, which goes to show that tech continues to move forward quickly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-18 10:33 PM
    One way or another if you're on Verizon you will want a new device. Older devices have CDMA on the 850mhz band but no LTE radio capability there, which is a huge problem when the CDMA disappears and is replaced by LTE! And 850 is the band that gets into buildings well -- and provides coverage in rural areas. Missing it will hurt.

I expect Verizon will do what they can to minimize the amount of time (if any) where there is no signal in a given area that they have coverage now -- if you have a device that can take advantage of the LTE refarming.
    10-30-18 08:49 AM
    One way or another if you're on Verizon you will want a new device. Older devices have CDMA on the 850mhz band but no LTE radio capability there, which is a huge problem when the CDMA disappears and is replaced by LTE! And 850 is the band that gets into buildings well -- and provides coverage in rural areas. Missing it will hurt.

I expect Verizon will do what they can to minimize the amount of time (if any) where there is no signal in a given area that they have coverage now -- if you have a device that can take advantage of the LTE refarming.
    I think I have asked this before so forgive me if it has been answered.

The CDMA KeyOne - will it continue to function after CDMA phase out? Does it have the ability to "downstream" to 850? I do see the "LTE" option under Preferred networks.
    portplayer likes this.
    10-30-18 09:49 AM
    I think I have asked this before so forgive me if it has been answered.

The CDMA KeyOne - will it continue to function after CDMA phase out? Does it have the ability to "downstream" to 850? I do see the "LTE" option under Preferred networks.
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is capable of (and currently using) VoLTE, yes.
    10-30-18 10:53 AM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is capable of (and currently using) VoLTE, yes.
    Thank you kind Sir
    10-30-18 12:19 PM
    Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but does that mean that my Classic will have major issues on Verizon next year? Of course it has 4G built-in but from the sounds of it you are saying that the 4G bands that it has will only cover a portion of 4G bands that Verizon will have deployed to replace CDMA. Does that mean that where I currently have 4G reception it could go away? Sorry for my confusion here. Just trying to sort out whether I will be able to hold out with my Classic on Verizon during the CDMA transition - thanks!
    11-01-18 01:19 AM
    Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but does that mean that my Classic will have major issues on Verizon next year? Of course it has 4G built-in but from the sounds of it you are saying that the 4G bands that it has will only cover a portion of 4G bands that Verizon will have deployed to replace CDMA. Does that mean that where I currently have 4G reception it could go away? Sorry for my confusion here. Just trying to sort out whether I will be able to hold out with my Classic on Verizon during the CDMA transition - thanks!
    Things like usage coverage are speculation at best when regarding unique individual actual coverage footprint. With BB10 officially unsupported after 12/31/2019; whatever that really means; keep whatever replacement device you plan on moving to ready and you’ll be fine.
    11-01-18 07:48 AM
    Things like usage coverage are speculation at best when regarding unique individual actual coverage footprint. With BB10 officially unsupported after 12/31/2019; whatever that really means; keep whatever replacement device you plan on moving to ready and you’ll be fine.
    Got it - thanks
    11-01-18 05:37 PM