Yet, I'm seeing folks who've not resolved the issue yet - see above.

For my part, did get a new sim card, put it in, and no dice ... of course that was more than a week ago, just before I returned the device for a refund.
    I still don't think this "solution" is a one size fits all fix for this issue. I believe something OTA needs to be done with BBMobile/Verizon.
    This is a matter of provisioning - not of an OS update.
    @Jegs2, don't leave their shop until it works.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-25-18 02:11 PM
    Yet, I'm seeing folks who've not resolved the issue yet - see above.

For my part, did get a new sim card, put it in, and no dice ... of course that was more than a week ago, just before I returned the device for a refund.
    You followed my suggestion before the provisioning was completed in the VZW system. The people that got new SIM after the provisioning was completed are the ones that seem to have the issue corrected.
    10-25-18 02:57 PM
    You followed my suggestion before the provisioning was completed in the VZW system. The people that got new SIM after the provisioning was completed are the ones that seem to have the issue corrected.
    Briefs well, I'm just not eager to eat a $35 restocking fee if the adventure somehow flops again.
    10-25-18 03:01 PM
    Briefs well, I'm just not eager to eat a $35 restocking fee if the adventure somehow flops again.
    You shouldn’t be charged restocking for defective product...
    10-25-18 03:08 PM
    Day 2 with key 2le on Verizon with text messaging working. Phone is solid . Reception is way better that pixel 3 , battery is also great probably because it doesnt look or switch to 1x nice updates in oreo. Bluetooth profile now perfect better than key 1. Speaker only issue it's OK my job is music and to play songs on this phone is pretty lame but ill live. My guess is WiFi calling will pop up one day. Bbmobile tech support said it's up to carrier and Verizon said I have it and blame blackberry.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-25-18 04:06 PM
    Verizon officially allows it on their network now. It is 100% their problem to get you up and running.
    the_boon, rthonpm and phuoc like this.
    10-25-18 04:20 PM
    does this support native visual voice mail?

still on key1 never used any 3rd party VM app so i'm still dialing in and punching numbers
    10-25-18 04:52 PM
    Day 2 with key 2le on Verizon with text messaging working. Phone is solid . Reception is way better that pixel 3 , battery is also great probably because it doesnt look or switch to 1x nice updates in oreo. Bluetooth profile now perfect better than key 1. Speaker only issue it's OK my job is music and to play songs on this phone is pretty lame but ill live. My guess is WiFi calling will pop up one day. Bbmobile tech support said it's up to carrier and Verizon said I have it and blame blackberry.
    Thanks for the review and good to hear. How is the keyboard compared to the Key1 - are the keys noticeably larger? I am really curious to hear how the keyboard also compares to the Key2 but I am guessing you might not know that...
    10-25-18 05:49 PM
    This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. If you have an area where you get 3g or 1x does that mean you won't get any service? I didn't know how this phone would do with verizon if it's not cdma.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-18 07:14 PM
    This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. If you have an area where you get 3g or 1x does that mean you won't get any service? I didn't know how this phone would do with verizon if it's not cdma.

Posted via CB10
    For the most part I've found that cdma capable devices on verizon drop down to cdma because they can; whereas if the device is not cdma capable it will search for lte and connect.

In rural areas the lte coverage drops because it's not strong (obviously) but more so because there is 3g and 1x to fall back on (not so obvious) for capable devices.

I don't know this to be fact, but experience using multiple devices on verizon in the same location rendered the above results. I.e. intel iphone had 1 lte bar, whereas qualcomm iphone dropped down to 3g.

For other modem lovers out there, that's nonsensical as the qualcomm modem is much stronger. My verdict is the qualcomm cdma iphone can fall back on 3g/1x if needed, so it does.

The same is true for (was true for case scenario proposes) my keyone dual sim bbb100-7. My bbb100-7 pushed an lte verizon signal whereas my qualcomm iphone with cdma capability dropped down to 3G/1x ( cdma) coverage.

I would not be worried if I were any of you who normally connect to 3g/1x. More times than not it's the phone... and the key2 le should serve you well. Try it out!
    bibbula likes this.
    10-25-18 08:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's moot anyway, as Verizon will be discontinuing CDMA shortly.
    10-25-18 08:48 PM
    I still don't think this "solution" is a one size fits all fix for this issue. I believe something OTA needs to be done with BBMobile/Verizon.
    Have you put a new SIM in your device yet?
    10-25-18 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the review and good to hear. How is the keyboard compared to the Key1 - are the keys noticeably larger? I am really curious to hear how the keyboard also compares to the Key2 but I am guessing you might not know that...
    I've had several KEYones and now also own an LE and while the latter's keys have slightly less travel, they still click nicely and more importantly are a bit bigger which makes a difference, but mostly the 24g less on the device goes a long way to make typing effortless.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-26-18 01:22 AM
    Do any other Verizon devices in your home get LTE service now?
    Nope. I have 1X at my house, and it will connect to LTE at the end of my street (about a mile away). So, it looks like if I switch to the LE I will be able to use it on my commute and at work, but no longer at home.

Bummer. Don't think I can pull the trigger :-/
    10-26-18 04:07 AM
    For the most part I've found that cdma capable devices on verizon drop down to cdma because they can; whereas if the device is not cdma capable it will search for lte and connect.

In rural areas the lte coverage drops because it's not strong (obviously) but more so because there is 3g and 1x to fall back on (not so obvious) for capable devices....

...I would not be worried if I were any of you who normally connect to 3g/1x. More times than not it's the phone... and the key2 le should serve you well. Try it out!
    This has not been my experience at all. Where I live, there is LTE coverage along the highways, which are 1-2 miles from my house. All I get is 1X at my house (which is more than enough. Calls/texts work fine, and I have WiFi for everything else). My KeyOne switches to LTE on my commute, though I often have to turn on/off airplane mode to force it to, and I have LTE all day at work. But there is only 1X on my street.

Unless Verizon has some magic plan, it looks like people in my situation are going to be screwed out of service altogether soon. I want to switch to the LE, but I don't see how I can. With no WiFi calling either, I'll just end up with a phone I can't use at home for calls or texts.

May as well ride out my KeyOne for as long as I can, even though it doesn't charge right anymore and the F key is losing functionality...

Oh well.
    10-26-18 04:15 AM
    This has not been my experience at all. Where I live, there is LTE coverage along the highways, which are 1-2 miles from my house. All I get is 1X at my house (which is more than enough. Calls/texts work fine, and I have WiFi for everything else). My KeyOne switches to LTE on my commute, though I often have to turn on/off airplane mode to force it to, and I have LTE all day at work. But there is only 1X on my street.

Unless Verizon has some magic plan, it looks like people in my situation are going to be screwed out of service altogether soon. I want to switch to the LE, but I don't see how I can. With no WiFi calling either, I'll just end up with a phone I can't use at home for calls or texts.

May as well ride out my KeyOne for as long as I can, even though it doesn't charge right anymore and the F key is losing functionality...

Oh well.
    You don’t understand my point. Your keyone CAN connect to 3g/1x. So it does. My keyone bbb100-7 does NOT have cdma. It can only connect to LTE. Reread my post.

You can put your phone in LTE only mode, but I fear that you won’t receive calls / texts.
    For testing purposes. Do it.
    *#*#46368676#*#*
    Phone information > preferred network type > LTE only.
    Last edited by portplayer; 10-26-18 at 07:06 AM.
    10-26-18 05:25 AM
    Mind you, the key2 le is optimized for LTE-only let alone it might have a stronger modem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-26-18 05:26 AM
    I just wanted to clarify with this: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=5B1aYLWm

The Best Buy page says "The phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA network.". But I believe the LE is lte and not cdma, so this model does in fact work on verizon if you get a new sim... Is that correct? If not, where are you getting your verizon capable LEs from?
    10-26-18 10:19 AM
    I just wanted to clarify with this: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gk0Khrp_

The Best Buy page says "The phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA network.". But I believe the LE is lte and not cdma, so this model does in fact work on verizon if you get a new sim... Is that correct? If not, where are you getting your verizon capable LEs from?
    Works on VZW, the Best Buy listing is wrong.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-26-18 10:50 AM
    I just wanted to clarify with this: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=di1WVFuo

Best Buy listing is misinformed. It says it will work with Verizon wireless - printed on the box. And it will.
    10-26-18 11:57 AM
    The problem is that there are service areas with Verizon that have NO LTE service at all -- only 1X/CDMA. If you're in one of those areas you're hosed.

Verizon is going to shut OFF CDMA soon. Whether they will reprovision for LTE in those places is unknown. They *MAY* become service-less islands -- at least for a while. Nobody knows for sure.
    10-26-18 09:24 PM
    The problem is that there are service areas with Verizon that have NO LTE service at all -- only 1X/CDMA. If you're in one of those areas you're hosed.

Verizon is going to shut OFF CDMA soon. Whether they will reprovision for LTE in those places is unknown. They *MAY* become service-less islands -- at least for a while. Nobody knows for sure.
    Verizon has been quickly refarming their band 5 to LTE. They are also deploying band 66.
    10-26-18 10:45 PM
    from the standpoint of area covered 5 is far more important
    10-27-18 07:46 AM
    New vzw Sim 10/26 dropped it in everything is working fine on k2le bought from Bestbuy same day. Seamless experience, as it should be. Too bad they f'd up the launch...but it is blackberry!
    the_boon likes this.
    10-27-18 11:08 AM
    You understand that BYOD T-Mobile advertising is BS right? All the carriers need to sell devices since there’s profit involved.....
    I haven't had a T-mo officially supported device for years and ALL the phones I've brought here work -- WFC, VoLTE etc. So far it has not been BS.

As we all know the Key2 versions have been shut out of WFC etc., at BBMobile choice. My motion and wife's KeyOne work perfectly on T-mo.
    10-27-18 11:15 AM
239 12345 ...