picked up slate Key2 LE tonight at Best Buy; went straight to Verizon for a new Sim card. so far so good! no issues. texting works. having fun setting it up. the camera does not seem to be as good as the 6S+ iPhone. everything else has been smooth and working just fine.
    phuoc, the_boon and tnewton3 like this.
    11-28-18 10:35 PM
    I have the key 2 LE on Verizon. Everything worked fine yesterday when I activated it. I needed a new SIM but other than that no issues. However today when using textra I noticed it giving me a notification about not being able to receive MMS because of my apn settings. Yesterday my MMS worked fine.

Anyone had this issue yet or know a fix?
    The APN settings Textra is reading lack a port number and cannot be changed without rooting the device, which can't be done, or Verizon updating their SIM provisioning. Right now, it's a waiting game. Both the stock Messages app and VZW Messages+ work properly with all SMS/MMS
    11-29-18 01:10 AM
    Is there a specific model I need to look/ask for at best buy for Verizon?
    11-29-18 06:42 AM
    Is there a specific model I need to look/ask for at best buy for Verizon?
    BBE100-5.
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-29-18 09:58 AM
    first full day with the LE. very happy. blazing thru emails without typos. all apps seem to work fine. a little lag time here and there but not enough to be annoying. lightest phone ever without feeling flimsy.
    phuoc and the_boon like this.
    11-29-18 07:13 PM
    BBE100-5.
    Thanks for this.. going to BestBuy tomorrow to purchase.

Also, if I purchase this LE and put my AT&T Sim in will it work? On the BBE100-5 model? If so, can I take my AT&T Sim out then put my brand new VERIZON Sim in? Will it work?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 12:29 AM
    One more thing, I assume it displays which model it is on the box?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 12:35 AM
    picked up slate Key2 LE tonight at Best Buy; went straight to Verizon for a new Sim card. so far so good! no issues. texting works. having fun setting it up. the camera does not seem to be as good as the 6S+ iPhone. everything else has been smooth and working just fine.
    Nice! I'm looking to get one tomorrow. Please follow up on your experience after a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 12:37 AM
    Thanks for this.. going to BestBuy tomorrow to purchase.

Also, if I purchase this LE and put my AT&T Sim in will it work? On the BBE100-5 model? If so, can I take my AT&T Sim out then put my brand new VERIZON Sim in? Will it work?

Posted via CB10
    One more thing, I assume it displays which model it is on the box?

Posted via CB10
    Yes to all that.
    11-30-18 12:44 AM
    Yes to all that.
    Thank you, sir.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-18 12:49 AM
    That's awesome my texts are having a problem
    12-01-18 10:07 PM
    That's awesome my texts are having a problem
    what text app are you using ? it only works with the stock message+ app i heard.
    12-05-18 04:38 PM
    what text app are you using ? it only works with the stock message+ app i heard.
    The stock Android messaging app that came with the device
    12-05-18 04:41 PM
    So I got a slate blackberry key 2 le put my Verizon Sim card in and I'm making calls ,getting calls all data works. There is a problem with text receiving but it seems to be an android oreo thing not sure yet. Also the Bluetooth in the car gets calls but making calls from the car u can't do because it always says no service when I have service . Turning blue tooth off then on fixes it but u have to do that each time it connects. call reception is amazing and is call quality. Phone feels super pro I hope the kinks get worked out. Anyone else having issues?
    Hey so I just got my le today from best buy. I have Verizon and all I had to do is call Verizon and have them add a "CDMA less" feature and everything works fine.
    phuoc, the_boon, bibbula and 1 others like this.
    12-11-18 09:35 PM
    Hey so I just got my le today from best buy. I have Verizon and all I had to do is call Verizon and have them add a "CDMA less" feature and everything works fine.
    Thanks for posting this. It saved me making an extra trip to my local Verizon store today. I picked up my red Key2 LE from Best Buy earlier today, put in the SIM from my PRIV and called VZW to request the CDMA less feature. I'm up and running, no problems, easy peasy!
    the_boon, bibbula, phuoc and 2 others like this.
    12-12-18 05:36 PM
    visual voice mail still not working?
    12-12-18 11:12 PM
    I'm glad I was able to help.
    12-13-18 07:02 AM
    visual voice mail still not working?
    From my understanding there are some features such as visual voice mail and WiFi calling that won't work regardless of what you do. If I find the blog from the Verizon rep that I got this info from I'll post it.
    12-13-18 07:04 AM
    Thanks for posting this. It saved me making an extra trip to my local Verizon store today. I picked up my red Key2 LE from Best Buy earlier today, put in the SIM from my PRIV and called VZW to request the CDMA less feature. I'm up and running, no problems, easy peasy!
    wait,... so thats all we have to do now ? i was under the impression that we have to take it a verizon store, ask for a new sim and then hope the rep knows what theyre doing..

So all we have to do now is buy the phone, go home, call verizon, and ask the rep to request a "CDMA less " feature and all is done ??? We still need to get a new sim right ?? im on my keyone, so will the keyone sim work ?
    12-13-18 10:52 AM
    wait,... so thats all we have to do now ? i was under the impression that we have to take it a verizon store, ask for a new sim and then hope the rep knows what theyre doing..

So all we have to do now is buy the phone, go home, call verizon, and ask the rep to request a "CDMA less " feature and all is done ??? We still need to get a new sim right ?? im on my keyone, so will the keyone sim work ?
    I used the same SIM from my PRIV. I wasn't able to receive text messages until I called Verizon for the "CDMA-less" feature. I discovered last night that my basic Visual Voice-mail doesn't work. It cycles between activating and not enabled. Unfortunately, two tech support calls later and it still doesn't work. Others have been able to get VVM working; it's a guessing game at this point. I might try getting a new SIM card tomorrow to see if that will make it work.

Short answer: It now seems to work without getting a new SIM and your KeyOne SIM card should work once you call Verizon and request the "CDMA-less" feature. Try it and let us know how it works out for you.
    12-13-18 06:04 PM
    From my understanding there are some features such as visual voice mail and WiFi calling that won't work regardless of what you do. If I find the blog from the Verizon rep that I got this info from I'll post it.
    I was told the same. It seems WiFi calling will definitely not work; however, some are having success with getting visual voice mail to work. It doesn't work for me.
    12-13-18 06:08 PM
    Dang, no wi-fi, no blackberry :-(
    12-13-18 06:43 PM
    My LE arrived yesterday. I went to the nearest Verizon store and asked for a new SIM without going into any great detail. The rep came back with a SIM, entered the IMEI of the handset into their system, installed it, and after two reboots I had everything working.
    bibbula likes this.
    12-18-18 09:10 AM
    My LE arrived yesterday. I went to the nearest Verizon store and asked for a new SIM without going into any great detail. The rep came back with a SIM, entered the IMEI of the handset into their system, installed it, and after two reboots I had everything working.
    Thanks. Really great to know it is now that easy! I am considering trying a Key2 first and if I can't get that to work then I will go with the Key2 LE. Really looking forward to upgrading from my Classic in early Jan!
    12-18-18 03:12 PM
    I came from a Classic as well. The quality of the calls on the LE blows the Classic away, and the coverage has been better as well. Areas where I'd drop to 1x with the Classic are giving me two or three bars of LTE, and I go through some fairly remote parts of Western Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
    bibbula likes this.
    12-18-18 08:33 PM
239 ... 78910