So I got a slate blackberry key 2 le put my Verizon Sim card in and I'm making calls ,getting calls all data works. There is a problem with text receiving but it seems to be an android oreo thing not sure yet. Also the Bluetooth in the car gets calls but making calls from the car u can't do because it always says no service when I have service . Turning blue tooth off then on fixes it but u have to do that each time it connects. call reception is amazing and is call quality. Phone feels super pro I hope the kinks get worked out. Anyone else having issues?
    10-18-18 03:01 PM
    Does wi-fi work?
    10-18-18 07:27 PM
    So I got a slate blackberry key 2 le put my Verizon Sim card in and I'm making calls ,getting calls all data works. There is a problem with text receiving but it seems to be an android oreo thing not sure yet. Also the Bluetooth in the car gets calls but making calls from the car u can't do because it always says no service when I have service . Turning blue tooth off then on fixes it but u have to do that each time it connects. call reception is amazing and is call quality. Phone feels super pro I hope the kinks get worked out. Anyone else having issues?
    Seems to be a general issue that you can make and receive calls, get data, and can send SMS - but, at present, you can't receive SMS.
    10-18-18 08:02 PM
    So after level 2 text support Verizon can not fix the issue but has put a request for the network engineers to figure out and call me back in a day or so. wi fi works great. For now I got a pixel 3 until text messaging works. With blackberry hub installed. The phone reception on key 2 le was better than this phone
    10-18-18 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the wi-fi info. Once you get text, everything should be fine. I'll be watching this thread, my LE on Verizon comes in on the 22nd.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-18-18 11:39 PM
    To clarify , WiFi calling works, not just WiFi ?
    FF22 likes this.
    10-18-18 11:59 PM
    To clarify , WiFi calling works, not just WiFi ?
    I just got my Key2 LE and Wifi Calling does not work on T-Mobile.
    I turned on Wifi Calling in the dialer app but goes back to off on a reboot.

Has anyone actually tried to see if wifi calling works on Verizon?

I think we should all return are KEY2 LE. Maybe Blackberry Mobile will get the message if they don't sell any in the United States. If they want our money then they need to pay the carriers to get all the functions certified and working.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-20-18 02:07 PM
    Yuck. I really want a dual sim device and will buy the LE but not without WiFi calling working on T-Mobile. I use it VERY heavily and in addition it radically extends their already decent international coverage since it will work from anywhere.

Oh and the PH1 had no problem with it - which is an unlocked, not officially supported device. Essential did NOT pay T-Mobile... they just followed the rules for it to work, and it does.
    10-20-18 02:20 PM
    I just got my Key2 LE and Wifi Calling does not work on T-Mobile.
    I turned on Wifi Calling in the dialer app but goes back to off on a reboot.

Has anyone actually tried to see if wifi calling works on Verizon?

I think we should all return are KEY2 LE. Maybe Blackberry Mobile will get the message if they don't sell any in the United States. If they want our money then they need to pay the carriers to get all the functions certified and working.
    You understand that BYOD T-Mobile advertising is BS right? All the carriers need to sell devices since there’s profit involved.....
    10-20-18 03:50 PM
    Yuck. I really want a dual sim device and will buy the LE but not without WiFi calling working on T-Mobile. I use it VERY heavily and in addition it radically extends their already decent international coverage since it will work from anywhere.

Oh and the PH1 had no problem with it - which is an unlocked, not officially supported device. Essential did NOT pay T-Mobile... they just followed the rules for it to work, and it does.

Appears the rules are changing as we speak with all carriers. The AT&T KEYone should have supported all enhanced calling features according to sales reps in 2017 and yet didn’t support WFC in 2018 with Nougat but did support VoLTE until Oreo update. Now I have AT&T branded KEYone and no WFC or VoLTE but I have Oreo. Really, BFD, I’d rather have Lollipop or Marshmallow on PRIV and better call signal and call quality.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-20-18 03:55 PM
    Maybe.

T-Mobile has no history of doing this sort of crap, but who knows down the road. AT&T, on the other hand.....

BTW my PH-1 has Pie on it -- and when it updated nothing changed. WFC and VoLTE have worked since I got it out-of-the-box, and continue to through all the updates.

It's very hard to beat the deal T-Mobile gives geezers (55+ olds) if you go in with someone else (or are married); 2 lines for $70, all taxes/fees included, unlimited everything including full international roaming for 2g data and text (but not voice.) Canada/MX is full performance and includes voice. The only crippling they do on that plan is that tethering is data-rate capped at 512kbps -- which is fine since that's enough for anything other than video (that's why they do it, I suspect.)
    bunky1971 likes this.
    10-20-18 05:48 PM
    Maybe.

T-Mobile has no history of doing this sort of crap, but who knows down the road. AT&T, on the other hand.....

BTW my PH-1 has Pie on it -- and when it updated nothing changed. WFC and VoLTE have worked since I got it out-of-the-box, and continue to through all the updates.

It's very hard to beat the deal T-Mobile gives geezers (55+ olds) if you go in with someone else (or are married); 2 lines for $70, all taxes/fees included, unlimited everything including full international roaming for 2g data and text (but not voice.) Canada/MX is full performance and includes voice. The only crippling they do on that plan is that tethering is data-rate capped at 512kbps -- which is fine since that's enough for anything other than video (that's why they do it, I suspect.)
    Catering to middle to low end of the marketplace is what got t-mobile and sprint here to begin with. It's why both companies have been hemorrhaging cash for years.

It's a very similar business situation to mobile OS space occupied by MSFT and BB from 2010-2017 roughly.
    10-20-18 07:47 PM
    Uh huh.

They have service restored in Panama City (within the 90th percentile) at this point and in fact were to that point a few days ago. Verizon? Hahahahahaha....... now who's been investing and who hasn't, and instead has just been screwing people? Hmmmm.....

I note that T-Mobile's coverage has dramatically improved in the last couple of years too.....

Middle to lower end? Uh, yeah, four or five years ago -- as was true with Sprint. Today? Not hardly; I have better service than friends with either AT&T or Verizon in a large number of instances and very, very rarely lose to them -- and I travel a lot. Performance-wise it's not even close anymore; T-Mobile blows AT&T and Verizon out of the water for data performance the vast majority of the time.
    10-20-18 08:10 PM
    Uh huh.

They have service restored in Panama City (within the 90th percentile) at this point and in fact were to that point a few days ago. Verizon? Hahahahahaha....... now who's been investing and who hasn't, and instead has just been screwing people? Hmmmm.....

I note that T-Mobile's coverage has dramatically improved in the last couple of years too.....

Middle to lower end? Uh, yeah, four or five years ago -- as was true with Sprint. Today? Not hardly; I have better service than friends with either AT&T or Verizon in a large number of instances and very, very rarely lose to them -- and I travel a lot. Performance-wise it's not even close anymore; T-Mobile blows AT&T and Verizon out of the water for data performance the vast majority of the time.
    How the service performs is not indicative to company target marketplace or demographic. The company objective is towards shareholders first. After this many years of both companies losing money, shareholders want profits and merger is path towards objective.

Sorry to hear about you being in PC. My son was living up there until we got him back here to Brandon (Tampa) last Monday. He rode storm out in a trailer in Southport and that was because it seemed like a better idea than trailer over by Tyndall. Since he's born and raised in FL, I'm not sure why he didn't go to a shelter (We've been through several hurricanes) and he knew better. Hope you're OK as can be.... This puts our conversation in different level of importance.... First world problems....
    10-20-18 08:47 PM
    I don't live in PC -- I live over near Destin -- but I have friends that do, and I'm close enough to see the disruption as it is.

This much is clear -- T-Mobile had service back up and working FIRST; they had the infrastructure in place and was able to feed it with both signal and power before the others. They're making hay with it too. AT&T is somewhat-second in restoration and both Verizon and Sprint still suck.

It is what it is; plenty of people take cheap shots at T-Mobile but they have the trucks, generators and where necessary mobile masts on the ground and are being rewarded for it.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-21-18 08:25 AM
    I have the same thing. Been fighting not receiving text messages for over a week. I submitted a ticket to both Verizon and blackberry mobile. The key2 le has a software glitch where there is no ports programmed on the Verizon APN and of course it's not editable under the settings.
    10-21-18 04:12 PM
    WiFi calling is unavailable on the Key2 LE version.
    10-21-18 04:14 PM
    Uh huh.

I had a vastly different experience. I left verizon a while ago and went to att and both had good coverage. 3 months or so I left att for tmobile for volte and wifi calling on tmobile. As we all know after the update no more wifi calling. I just switched back to att because tmobiles coverage inside buildings is horrible. Data crawls all the time if you are in any building or congested area to where its completely unusable. Att and verizon are still far superior to tmobile when it comes to coverage and data speeds in buildings.
    10-21-18 07:11 PM
    I'm at the point where I'm ready to just go VOIP for all calling and use data only in my smartphones. The carriers in the US all suck. At least with data and VOIP I will be able to use WiFi at home and at work.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    phuoc likes this.
    10-21-18 07:55 PM
    I received notification this morning that my imei on the key2le is approved "white listed" by Verizon. Still not receiving text messages. I have a service ticket with blackberry mobile also. It's an issue on the OS. It doesn't have mms provisioned on the APN and the settings are not easily editable nor does it save the settings.
    10-22-18 10:58 AM
    I received notification this morning that my imei on the key2le is approved "white listed" by Verizon. Still not receiving text messages. I have a service ticket with blackberry mobile also. It's an issue on the OS. It doesn't have mms provisioned on the APN and the settings are not easily editable nor does it save the settings.
    Did you try a 32 second reboot?
    10-22-18 11:10 AM
    I was wondering if a 3rd party text app would work with receiving text.
    10-22-18 11:19 AM
    I was wondering if a 3rd party text app would work with receiving text.
    I've tried literally every one. No dice.
    10-22-18 11:29 AM
    Blackberry mobile sent this to me.

Its seems our Tier 3 team has figured out the solution for it. What you have to do is go to a corporate Verizon and have them configure their SMS service from 3GPP2 SMS format to 3GPP SMS format. According to Verizon Luna BBE100-5 is CDMA-less device, according to VZW requirement “CDMA-less devices shall use the 3GPP SMS format for both mobile originated and mobile terminated SMS messages delivered over IMS”, so Luna BBE100-5 cannot receive message through 3GPP2 SMS format.

Try this when you get a change and let me know please.

To get someone at Verizon to do this is like pulling teeth. Verizon states since they don't sell the phone not all features will work. I'm still awaiting to hear back from my Verizon tech support to verify this. The corporate store I walked into looked at me like I was from Mars.
    phuoc and jegs2 like this.
    10-22-18 01:03 PM
    Blackberry mobile sent this to me.

Its seems our Tier 3 team has figured out the solution for it. What you have to do is go to a corporate Verizon and have them configure their SMS service from 3GPP2 SMS format to 3GPP SMS format. According to Verizon Luna BBE100-5 is CDMA-less device, according to VZW requirement “CDMA-less devices shall use the 3GPP SMS format for both mobile originated and mobile terminated SMS messages delivered over IMS”, so Luna BBE100-5 cannot receive message through 3GPP2 SMS format.

Try this when you get a change and let me know please.

To get someone at Verizon to do this is like pulling teeth. Verizon states since they don't sell the phone not all features will work. I'm still awaiting to hear back from my Verizon tech support to verify this. The corporate store I walked into looked at me like I was from Mars.
    I think, as it currently stands, on the device, you need to set 3GPP to send (and do everything else) and 3GPP2 to receive.

So I guess this means Verizon has to internally switch incoming texts to 3GPP so the KEY² can use it for everything.

Seems to match what is happening.

Surely they can make this part of the standard provisioning of this device.
    10-22-18 03:51 PM
239 123 ...