Any users out there who upgraded from KeyOne to a Key2 LE? What has the transition been like? Is losing the touch sensitive keyboard a big deal?

I currently have a Black Edition KeyOne (4gb RAM, 64gb internal storage) and am contemplating upgrading. The Key2 LE is more in my price range compared to the Key2. (Planning on using the RedFlagDeal method of picking one up from Koodo in Canada for $360).

I'm not disappointed in the KeyOne at all. I'm just getting to the point of maybe something new.

Thank you in advance for your input.
    02-19-19 10:12 AM
    Any users out there who upgraded from KeyOne to a Key2 LE? What has the transition been like? Is losing the touch sensitive keyboard a big deal?

I currently have a Black Edition KeyOne (4gb RAM, 64gb internal storage) and am contemplating upgrading. The Key2 LE is more in my price range compared to the Key2. (Planning on using the RedFlagDeal method of picking one up from Koodo in Canada for $360).

I'm not disappointed in the KeyOne at all. I'm just getting to the point of maybe something new.

Something new....

For some the loss of touch sensitivity wasn't an issue, for others it was a deal breaker. Proable depends on your usage, and how much you rely on it.
    DOCTOREVIL8 and skinnymike1 like this.
    02-19-19 10:35 AM

I just did it through Rogers two weeks ago, I had a KEYone. I replaced a KEYone, a Passport and a Leap on my share everything with 3 LE's. Don't miss swiping on the keyboard at all. Weighs way less. I only use a tempered glass cover from Blueshop which adds very little weight and a Seideo clip holster. Love my LE and so do the rest of the family.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-19-19 01:25 PM
    Something new....

For some the loss of touch sensitivity wasn't an issue, for others it was a deal breaker. Proable depends on your usage, and how much you rely on it.
    Agreed, I cannot see any upgrade here. I have owned android units running SN625 and the SN630. Both with 4GB RAM. The difference in performance was negligible. The user experience was the same. Battery usage was mostly the same.

4GB RAM was more than adequate with both phones running OS versions that were mostly free of OEM bloat. Both ran the BB suite (including the hub) and there were never any slowdowns or glitches.

The specs of the keyone BE is more than enough and it would be doubtful that any performance gains are achieved by upgrading to a LE.

If the keyone is a serviceable unit, the OP should stick with it. Wait for the next offering that addresses some of the concerns that still remain.

Posted via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-19-19 10:42 PM
    Agreed, I cannot see any upgrade here. I have owned android units running SN625 and the SN630. Both with 4GB RAM. The difference in performance was negligible. The user experience was the same. Battery usage was mostly the same.

4GB RAM was more than adequate with both phones running OS versions that were mostly free of OEM bloat. Both ran the BB suite (including the hub) and there were never any slowdowns or glitches.

The specs of the keyone BE is more than enough and it would be doubtful that any performance gains are achieved by upgrading to a LE.

If the keyone is a serviceable unit, the OP should stick with it. Wait for the next offering that addresses some of the concerns that still remain.

Posted via CB10
    Was my view too... just not really an upgrade, just new.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-20-19 07:33 AM
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Overall, it seems the Key2 LE is not a dramatic upgrade from the BE KeyOne. Plus, the touch sensitive keyboard is not present. I'll happily chug along with my KeyOne.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Overall, it seems the Key2 LE is not a dramatic upgrade from the BE KeyOne. Plus, the touch sensitive keyboard is not present. I'll happily chug along with my KeyOne.
    I agree !
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 09:39 AM
    Now one "reason" to buy the KEY2 LE.... is to support BBMo efforts so that there will be future products. Because they need all the support they can get....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 09:41 AM
    The LE is absolutely a MASSIVE upgrade from the KEYone in terms of key design (matte over glossy), weight balance (this thing is 24g lighter than the KEYone, making long phone calls and long typing MUCH more effortless) and antenna reception (polymer body over aluminum body).
    You also get flat edges as opposed to the slippery rounded ones, no awkward top bezel (BE KEYone hides this a bit).

The SD636 in the LE is a bit snappier than the SD625 of the KEYone.
    Battery life is fairly similar, maybe a tiny bit better on the KEYone, as it has a 500mAh head start.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 10:26 AM
    I've had my Key2LE for a month now, and I came from a KeyONE BE.

I find that it is definitely faster, and I like the larger keyboard, but do miss the capacitive keyboard. The weight is better balanced for me and I also purchased the dual Sim version, so that was a plus for me as well.

Overall, I do consider this an upgrade, although not as drastic as a Key2 upgrade. The KeyONE is a great backup for me right now.

I'd recommend the upgrade.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-20-19 11:55 AM
    Massive upgrade... OMG

KEY2 LE is not an upgrade by any means.

Only thing I feel the LE is far better than K1 is in the coverage aspect but it has a worse earpiece than K1 so...calls are not really improved.
    02-20-19 04:26 PM
    Massive upgrade... OMG

Only thing I feel the LE is far better than K1 is in the coverage aspect but it has a worse earpiece than K1 so...calls are not really improved.
    Have to disagree with you on this, having both at my disposal.
    It may not be a MASSIVE upgrade, but it's still an upgrade.
    02-20-19 05:46 PM
    Massive upgrade... OMG

The 636 is quite a nice upgrade over the 625.

The extra year of security updates, and the fact it will see Android Pie is better than a kick in the nuts too.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-20-19 07:31 PM
    The OP is going to have to decide if he has a better use for that $360 than a marginally better mobile phone experience. He also knows that when the K3 is released the price of the K2LE will drop.
    02-20-19 08:33 PM
    I have both the Key2 and Key2 LE right now and just need/rely on the capacitive keyboard way too much.

I think the Key2 LE keyb feels better and is lighter overall. That's it. Everything else goes to the Key2.

I'd definitely go for the Key2 over the Keyone, especially if you use/like the capacitive keyboard.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 08:58 PM
    I have both the Key2 and Key2 LE right now and just need/rely on the capacitive keyboard way too much.

I think the Key2 LE keyb feels better and is lighter overall. That's it. Everything else goes to the Key2.

I'd definitely go for the Key2 over the Keyone, especially if you use/like the capacitive keyboard.
    The spacebar and weight is better on the LE
    Lefty724 likes this.
    02-20-19 10:21 PM
    The spacebar and weight is better on the LE
    Very true.

I just can't get used to no capacitive keyboard.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-20-19 10:26 PM
    I only had capacitive on my Passport, so the final move to the LE was painless. I wasn't that impressed w the K2's keyboard issues to go that route. And, I find the weight on this to be far better balanced than the K1 or K2.

If you can live without the capacitive, it's a lovely device.
    02-21-19 02:53 PM
    Massive upgrade... OMG

I have a K1 and a K2LE. I'd take the K2LE over the K1 any day and twice on Sunday. It runs way smoother. Better processor and more ram made a giant difference for me.
    Hazo and the_boon like this.
    02-21-19 05:31 PM
    I cannot compare the two. But hopefully my experience can help nonetheless. Switched to KEY² LE coming from the DTEK60. Copied that profile to the LE. Specwise that could be considered a step back. But in real life it is not. My LE isn't freezing at all, where the DTEK did. Also my LE has barely any lagging issues. Also the phone is snappier than the DTEK60.
    Camerawise I think the DTEK60 did a better job although I sure do like the portraitmode on the LE.
    I used swiping on my Passport and on the VKB on the DTEK60 but after getting used to the LE that is not a big miss in the end.
    PKB is definitely well built, as is the overall device.
    Taking all that into account, and then considering the price I believe this has been a buy well worth the money.
    As a bonus the upgrade to Android Pie and longer security updates make that I think you might consider switching to the LE.
    02-22-19 12:05 AM
    I cannot compare the two. But hopefully my experience can help nonetheless. Switched to KEY² LE coming from the DTEK60. Copied that profile to the LE. Specwise that could be considered a step back. But in real life it is not. My LE isn't freezing at all, where the DTEK did. Also my LE has barely any lagging issues. Also the phone is snappier than the DTEK60.
    Camerawise I think the DTEK60 did a better job although I sure do like the portraitmode on the LE.
    I used swiping on my Passport and on the VKB on the DTEK60 but after getting used to the LE that is not a big miss in the end.
    PKB is definitely well built, as is the overall device.
    Taking all that into account, and then considering the price I believe this has been a buy well worth the money.
    As a bonus the upgrade to Android Pie and longer security updates make that I think you might consider switching to the LE.
    Not to mention battery life of the LE compared to the D60
    tubularbell likes this.
    02-22-19 11:42 AM