After the helpful hints and suggestions by people on this forum, we were ready to get our LE at Best Buy. They had the Red and the Slate in stock and they were the model BBE-100-5, approved for Verizon.

When checking out, the staff said that he couldn't activate them for Verizon and showed us a message on his screen that said "We're sorry, this device won't work on the Verizon network."

Now I know that people on this forum are using the LE on Verizon. We didn't get the phone and thought 1) how in the world is BB going to sell these phone if Best Buy system is showing incorrect information 2) the staff wasn't going to move forward and told us about restocking fee if we bought the phone and had to return it. Being the scary cat that I am, I thought that I would ask for some input before we actually go ahead and get the RED and the Slate. The LE will work on Verizon right?

Please any input would be appreciated. Why is it so hard to buy a phone? :-) Many many thank you to all.
    03-26-19 06:52 PM
    After the helpful hints and suggestions by people on this forum, we were ready to get our LE at Best Buy. They had the Red and the Slate in stock and they were the model BBE-100-5, approved for Verizon.

When checking out, the staff said that he couldn't activate them for Verizon and showed us a message on his screen that said "We're sorry, this device won't work on the Verizon network."

Now I know that people on this forum are using the LE on Verizon. We didn't get the phone and thought 1) how in the world is BB going to sell these phone if Best Buy system is showing incorrect information 2) the staff wasn't going to move forward and told us about restocking fee if we bought the phone and had to return it. Being the scary cat that I am, I thought that I would ask for some input before we actually go ahead and get the RED and the Slate. The LE will work on Verizon right?

Please any input would be appreciated. Why is it so hard to buy a phone? :-) Many many thank you to all.
    I bought my atomic LE from bestbuy.com. When it arrived I went straight to Verizon, got a new cdma-less Sim. Took about 15-20 minutes for texting to work. But been going strong since then. Zero issues on Verizon. And it is a bbe100-5.
    03-26-19 07:58 PM
    I bought my atomic LE from bestbuy.com. When it arrived I went straight to Verizon, got a new cdma-less Sim. Took about 15-20 minutes for texting to work. But been going strong since then. Zero issues on Verizon. And it is a bbe100-5.
    Thank you for the confirmation. So when I go to Verizon, do I need to ask for a "cdma-less Sim" or will they know what to do? I don't want to expose too much more of my stupidity. Of course, when Verizon officially carries the LE, things will be different, but I don't want to wait.
    03-26-19 08:38 PM
    Thank you for the confirmation. So when I go to Verizon, do I need to ask for a "cdma-less Sim" or will they know what to do? I don't want to expose too much more of my stupidity. Of course, when Verizon officially carries the LE, things will be different, but I don't want to wait.
    I just went in and told them I needed a cdma- less Sim. He said they only have one kind of Sim. So we both guessed they only have CDMA less cards. I would still ask for CDMA less one just in cause the store you go to has old stock or whatever. Never hurts to be clear in what you need at Verizon.
    03-26-19 09:24 PM
    I bought mine from bestbuy.com as well and then just activated it on vzw.com. The LE had only been out for a couple weeks at the time and I had problems getting the provisioning right. I would assume by now they have the bugs worked out for trouble free activation on the website.
    03-26-19 10:17 PM
    I just went in and told them I needed a cdma- less Sim. He said they only have one kind of Sim. So we both guessed they only have CDMA less cards. I would still ask for CDMA less one just in cause the store you go to has old stock or whatever. Never hurts to be clear in what you need at Verizon.
    Ok, I will get back to Best Buy either tomorrow or Thursday. Just curious, but doesn't the phone have a sim card in it? This is the first time I've ever purchased an unlocked phone - that's how it was labelled at Best Buy. Thank you again.
    03-26-19 10:34 PM
    I bought mine from bestbuy.com as well and then just activated it on vzw.com. The LE had only been out for a couple weeks at the time and I had problems getting the provisioning right. I would assume by now they have the bugs worked out for trouble free activation on the website.
    Obviously not. Did you have to to go into the Verizon store? I don't mind going since the Best Buy and Verizon store are pretty close to each other. That's the only plus. The negative is that because I can't activate the phone with Best Buy I won't get the discount :-(. But at this point, I want to just move ahead.
    03-26-19 10:37 PM
    Obviously not. Did you have to to go into the Verizon store? I don't mind going since the Best Buy and Verizon store are pretty close to each other. That's the only plus. The negative is that because I can't activate the phone with Best Buy I won't get the discount :-(. But at this point, I want to just move ahead.
    Ended up going to a non-corporate Verizon and got a new sim card and left because they had no clue how to activate the LE at the time.
    03-26-19 10:51 PM
    Ended up going to a non-corporate Verizon and got a new sim card and left because they had no clue how to activate the LE at the time.
    Keeping fingers-crossed. All I want is the phone to work.
    03-26-19 11:31 PM
    There is no difference in the SIMs, but you need a CDMA-less account, and often the only way reps know how to make one is to change your SIM. Also, the LE was one of the first CDMA-less BYOD phones available on Verizon, so at the beginning, they didn't have an automated process to set one up. That should be resolved at this point, as the LE is now officially supported - but it's not surprising that this hasn't trickled down to retail partners like Best Buy. A corporate Verizon store should have no issues, though.
    NewPreKnox and app_Developer like this.
    03-28-19 12:54 PM
    I had some issues activating my Key2 LE at the Verizon store. Even with installing a new SIM, I couldn't get it to work, because Verizon wouldn't recognize the IME number. I knew it was supposed to work though, because it's the proper model number. Eventually, the helpful level 2 Verizon support tech I spoke to (for an hour!) Came up with the idea of submitting a request to register the IME number (I think that's what it was). I waited a few hours, he called me back, and after that my phone works fine. Slate
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    03-28-19 04:51 PM
    Same here, bought slate LE at best buy, went straight to Verizon. After some attempts they finally got everything working well.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    03-29-19 09:17 AM
    Ordered mine from BestBuy. Arrived with Sim but wouldn't activate online. Took Best Buy Sim out, walked in to a Verizon store, handed LE to them and told them I wanted to activate on one of my existing #s . About 10 minutes later, they'd installed new Sim and all was working. Including sms. No VVM but can live with that.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    04-06-19 05:34 PM
    Fixed easily after hours at the store and on the phone. zlog into your My Verizon page and find your current line - it will have your old phone listed. Change your phone to the Key2 LE (which is CDMA-less). initially I stuck my Keyone simm into my LE and had everything but incoming texts. went to the store and they gave a new sim amd lost all. but data. They called tech and they activated my sim and paired to the phone- then no data either. Tech said phone was bad - I told them it was working before I gave it to them. hung up with no answers. Went online and found this fix -everything immediately worked.
    bibbula likes this.
    04-10-19 09:23 AM
    Best Buy offered to try to activate mine at the time of purchase. I was skeptical. Being as the VZW corporate store was just a couple of blocks away, I opted to take it there. Similar experience to many posters above, and I left the VZW store happy after not too much of a wait.
    04-10-19 09:02 PM