Buy it. I did a lot of research on the forums and decided to take the plunge.
    I do not regret it. The LE is a definite improvement over the KEYone. Similar specs (mem/storage) but dramatic difference with Oreo.
    12-25-18 01:59 PM
    Buy it. I did a lot of research on the forums and decided to take the plunge.
    I do not regret it. The LE is a definite improvement over the KEYone. Similar specs (mem/storage) but dramatic difference with Oreo.
    And there are also many who prefer the LE over the regular Key 2. I do agree with you - great phone.
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    12-25-18 04:53 PM
    Tried one at Best buy. Seemed very lightweight. I liked it. But what if one is on the fence regarding Key2 vs LE?
    William Smith40 likes this.
    12-26-18 07:42 AM
    Tried one at Best buy. Seemed very lightweight. I liked it. But what if one is on the fence regarding Key2 vs LE?
    Depends on what matters to you. Key 2 is better at everything IMO except for how the phone feels in the hand, the weight and the price, where the LE wins.
    12-26-18 02:49 PM
    On paper the key2 is a better phone. In real world usage the LE wins as ergonomically it is much better. To me this mattered more so after a week I returned the key2 and got an LE. Right now amazon still has it for $319.99 if you factor that in I don't see why anyone would choose the key2 over the LE.
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    12-26-18 05:50 PM
    On paper the key2 is a better phone. In real world usage the LE wins as ergonomically it is much better. To me this mattered more so after a week I returned the key2 and got an LE. Right now amazon still has it for $319.99 if you factor that in I don't see why anyone would choose the key2 over the LE.
    Agree with all of this.
    12-26-18 08:34 PM
    I agree. I was on the fence peeking over for a few months. The capacitivelessness keyboard on the LE was the deciding factor. I just couldn't see myself with a modern BlackBerry without that feature.

Well, BBMobile shocked me, as the LE exceeded my expectations. Although I would love a capacitive keyboard on this beauty it really hasn't hindered my use. I love the keyboards utility and tactility. It's probably my favorite keyboard to date. I'm so much faster on the LE than the KeyOne. The LE's keyboard makes the KeyOnes seem harder to type on.

I love my KeyOne but the LE is a must buy. I skipped the Key2 since it isn't offered on Verizon and I'm a happy camper, the LE will push me through 2019 until the Key Thrice is released in 8 months.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-18 09:40 PM
    Also, every BlackBerry device is an aesthetically gorgeous piece of machinery... but the LE is the most beautiful yet. It's the future look of BBMobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-26-18 10:13 PM
    I agree! It's the best feeling phone in the hand that I've ever had. The lighter weight, the tactility, the keyboard feel all make for a very pleasant-to-use, easy-to-carry device.
    12-27-18 12:14 PM
    I agree! It's the best feeling phone in the hand that I've ever had. The lighter weight, the tactility, the keyboard feel all make for a very pleasant-to-use, easy-to-carry device.
    I agree. When I first got the LE I thought it was a bit slippery. More slippery than my KeyOne. But over time I realize it's not slippery at all, as it was the lightness of the phone that I had to get used to since I've been used to brick heavy BlackBerry's such as the KeyOne and Passport Silver.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-18 03:18 AM
    Just wondering (sorry if I missed this), but how does the Key2LE compare to the Priv?
    I haven't seen any comparisons and from what I can tell, it seems the Key2LE has a smaller battery than the Priv, which was power hungry.

I'd hate to buy a phone that will just drain itself by doing nothing and can barely last a day.
    12-28-18 05:35 PM
    100 percent correct. On paper it may have better specs. But their performance if you put them side to side would be negligible. To me the key2 Le is better because it just feels better than the key, lighter and rounded edges, plus the atomic red option make it win out to me
    12-28-18 07:44 PM
    Just wondering (sorry if I missed this), but how does the Key2LE compare to the Priv?
    I haven't seen any comparisons and from what I can tell, it seems the Key2LE has a smaller battery than the Priv, which was power hungry.

I'd hate to buy a phone that will just drain itself by doing nothing and can barely last a day.
    The Key2 LE is faster and smoother than the Priv, and the battery lasts for two days.
    12-29-18 11:37 AM
    Really 2 days?
    I know the Key2 does 2 days, but thought the Key2LE only does 1 day...???

Assuming it does last that long, seems the only thing holding me back is the capacitive keyboard, which I love having on the priv...

Decisions, decisions...
    12-29-18 11:45 AM
    Really 2 days?

Assuming it does last that long, seems the only thing holding me back is the capacitive keyboard, which I love having on the priv...

Decisions, decisions...
    Under the same use condition, I never got 2 days of battery life out of the LE. The Key 2, maybe.
    12-29-18 12:00 PM
    I'm really leaning toward the LE. I'm in Canada, so I either wait for the Atomic, or take the cobalt. I do like the blue tint.

I've been rocking the Passport as long as I can, which has been superlative, and am not held back by the PKB not being capacitative.

The screen is big enough for me to run my finger up and down; where key shortcuts like T and B work, that will suffice.

If this BlackBerry Android doesn't work for me (IE, data hog), a remote possibility, then dumbphone here I come! That is, however, a final option.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 03:13 PM
    First of all, both the K2 and the LE are significant improvements over the K1. The better reception alone does the trick for me.
    I still have both the K2 and the LE, and spent the last days brooding over which one to keep.
    I think its gonna be the LE.
    Everything that makes the K2 the 'higher quality' device is nice to have but doesn't really count for me. I would like to have a touch enabled keyboard, but the K2's version has its quirks (see other threads), so I turned it off anyway.
    Ergonomically the LE always felt better in my hands (lighter, rounded corners), and the slightly smaller keyboard didn't really matter to me.
    What eventually made me lean towards the LE was when I tried to type on the K2 while standing today morning (for unkown reasons I had not yet tried that). And it felt strange - until I grabbed the LE instead.
    The issue is, that the K2 is top heavy. So while I felt to have to kind of balance the K2 to avoid dropping it, while trying to hit the right keys with my thumbs, it never felt that way with the LE. It rested in my hands firmly, while I stood and typed.
    Both are great devices. But the better ergonomy became the decisive factor for me.
    12-29-18 04:03 PM
    Really 2 days?

Decisions, decisions...
    No, I wouldn't say two days.

But the battery life is WAY WAY better than the Priv.

The Priv has about a 400mAh head start (3400 MAH battery vs 3000 on the LE) and the LE still demolishes it, by miles.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my LE, wouldn't trade it for any phone aside from KEY3
    12-29-18 06:49 PM

It's better in every category except the screen is better on the Priv and it's better at scrolling through apps and websites with the capcitive keyboard flipped out.. loved that.

The Priv has the best screen on a blackberry to date.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-18 08:45 AM
    It's better in every category except the screen is better on the Priv and it's better at scrolling through apps and websites with the capcitive keyboard flipped out.. loved that.

The Priv has the best screen on a blackberry to date.

Posted via CB10
    The ONLY things that are better on the Priv than on any KEY device are:

Screen (obviously, OLED ftw)

OIS in rear camera (a must)

Back texture (grippiest on any phone ever)
    12-30-18 08:48 AM
    I disagree on the last point. The back texture on the Priv collects too much dust at times and feels gross. Although I do like the design and feel it just didn't perform well over time.

I like the LE's basketball texture and rubber feel. The LE is the best feeling BlackBerry I've owned yet, it's effortless. All my past berry's required a teeny tiny bit of work to maneuver it with my thumbs and hands.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-18 03:05 AM

Having spent the last 2+ years with a PRIV and now rocking an Atomic LE, I have absolutely no regrets. LE is a better phone by far. That PRIV was a flaming dumpster fire for the last 6 months. Just glad VZW certified one of the KEY2 phones.

I do miss swiping and flicking on the key board a bit, but have easily adapted to capacitiveless life. I also thought the screen size would really bother me, but it actually doesn't in the least bit.

I easily get a full day out of the battery. The feel in hand is great and the keyboard is sweet. Snagged this thing from BestBuy for $349 and so glad I did. Very happy to be rid of the PRIV for sure.
    silversamurai likes this.
    12-31-18 11:08 PM
    No, I wouldn't say two days.

But the battery life is WAY WAY better than the Priv.

The Priv has about a 400mAh head start (3400 MAH battery vs 3000 on the LE) and the LE still demolishes it, by miles.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my LE, wouldn't trade it for any phone aside from KEY3
    How can a battery demolish another one by miles?
    01-05-19 02:02 AM
    How can a battery demolish another one by miles?
    Lol you get the idea. It's just way better.
    01-06-19 12:21 AM
    I've been using the Atomic LE for the last three days, switching from six months of the KEY2. I find the typing experience to be far superior with the LE with the no-clacky spacebar being the primary reason.

I also thought that I would miss the capacitive keyboard but have quickly adapted without. The only drawback for me is that I do notice the teensiest bit of lag compared to the KEY2. It's very subtle, but noticeable for me. The extra 2 GB on the KEY2 makes a big difference.

The LE's camera is pretty average. No better than the KEY2. I would love it if the KEY3 gets a kick arse camera. It doesn't have to be Google Pixel great, but at least good idea that I don't have to reach for my Note8 whenever I have to take quality pics.
    01-06-19 12:49 AM
27 12