This was a Christmas gift and I had noticed that the camera as well as microphone was turning on randomly and battery was draining. So I started looking into it and found the rooting software along with guest account through google. My boyfriend swears he has nothing to do with it but my old passport had the same thing happen to it as well as my ho laptop. I know my way around computers somewhat but have never messed with rooting software or developers apps. He is a apple guy and all the software I have found all leads back to apple. He still denies any wrongdoing. Is there anyway I can take control back of my cell And any other suggestions thanks in advance.
    05-12-21 10:08 AM
    This was a Christmas gift and I had noticed that the camera as well as microphone was turning on randomly and battery was draining. So I started looking into it and found the rooting software along with guest account through google. My boyfriend swears he has nothing to do with it but my old passport had the same thing happen to it as well as my ho laptop. I know my way around computers somewhat but have never messed with rooting software or developers apps. He is a apple guy and all the software I have found all leads back to apple. He still denies any wrongdoing. Is there anyway I can take control back of my cell And any other suggestions thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure what you mean by rooting software. Neither a Passport or a KEY² can be rooted.

As far as user accounts:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/2865483?hl=en
    05-12-21 01:03 PM
    Lead back to Apple?

You can't root these devices, but yes if he got access to it he could install some spyware.. but nothing that requires root.

I'd check all the running apps, but if in doubt do a Factory Reset.... I'd say lock it, would be easy for someone living with you to get around it.
    05-12-21 01:14 PM
    I actually took the SIM card out of it and turned it off about 2 months ago , I was so pissed I haven’t touched it since. But I will charge it and take some screen shots of the stuff I am talking about. I have since found a apple developers account along with Microsoft, google and GitHub. He swears they don’t belong to him but they are all addressed to his email accounts. I have tried to reset our router because I noticed that I couldn’t go on to certain sites and I am the one that originally set it up, now I can’t get into it whatsoever. I called our internet provided and they are trying to tell me it’s not possible. I kind of feel like I am getting played everywhere I turn. Thanks for the response
    05-12-21 02:10 PM
    I actually took the SIM card out of it and turned it off about 2 months ago , I was so pissed I haven’t touched it since. But I will charge it and take some screen shots of the stuff I am talking about. I have since found a apple developers account along with Microsoft, google and GitHub. He swears they don’t belong to him but they are all addressed to his email accounts. I have tried to reset our router because I noticed that I couldn’t go on to certain sites and I am the one that originally set it up, now I can’t get into it whatsoever. I called our internet provided and they are trying to tell me it’s not possible. I kind of feel like I am getting played everywhere I turn. Thanks for the response
    I think you have far bigger issues at play than your phone. Sounds like you might need a lawyer more than a tech.
    05-12-21 03:02 PM
    Sounds like your boyfriend installed something to spy on you before be gave it to you.
    ucghandyman likes this.
    05-12-21 03:07 PM
    I would do a factory reset and ditch the boyfriend.
    05-13-21 02:56 AM
    Think your boyfriend has serious issues & for your own sake as well as your peace of mind & safety you need to ditch the boyfriend..
    ucghandyman likes this.
    05-13-21 03:08 AM
    Factory reset your router.
    Factory reset your blackberry key2 LE.
    Clean install the operating system on your laptop (if it's an apple branded one, boot into the recovery partition and reinstall macOS/X), or put ubuntu or debian on it, something he isn't familiar with.

Most certainly, break up, if he's been the one causing all this chaos. You're better off without the chaos and i'm being brutally honest.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    07-19-21 11:40 PM