assuming Verizon 100% fixes the current sms issues...

Is there any benefit of choosing one carrier over the other for the LE?
    10-26-18 06:48 AM
    Cost? Features? Service? Research what works best for you and your individual or family needs. T-Mobile works the best for me and our family. 4 lines Unlimited One Plan with no taxes and or fees. Mobile Hotspot and Netflix included 160 per month.
    10-26-18 11:03 AM
    There is no WFC on T-Mobile with this device at present; for many people this is an absolute deal breaker. It is for me since I travel a LOT and WFC is one of the things that isn't optional.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-26-18 09:17 PM
    That's one of my worries since T-Mobile isn't known for having the greatest service. Does Verizon have WFC? I guess my biggest issue is which one would have a better call quality, as I'm making phone calls all day either at home or at the office.
    10-27-18 09:47 AM
    The answer on WiFi calling is not completely accurate, I manage a corporate TMO account and had a lengthy conversation on this topic. The answer is to use Digits, Digits will support WiFi Calling.
    10-27-18 04:48 PM
    Can confirm the Key2 LE now works on Verizon. Successfully activated my older sim card today through tech support.

Haven't tried anything like wi-fi calling or Bluetooth tethering, but frankly don't mess with that stuff on any of my phones.
    the_boon and jamesharmeling like this.
    10-27-18 08:05 PM
    The answer on WiFi calling is not completely accurate, I manage a corporate TMO account and had a lengthy conversation on this topic. The answer is to use Digits, Digits will support WiFi Calling.
    Please explain how this works. Thanks.
    10-28-18 09:24 AM
    That's extra cost. Cut the crap.
    10-28-18 01:44 PM
    That's extra cost. Cut the crap.
    What do you mean extra cost?
    10-28-18 02:34 PM
    There is no extra cost, the only time you incur costs is if you add lines of service. I do not remember the exact number, but I believe it is 5 max. Digits is a T-Mobile app freely available from the Google Play Store. You just want to make sure in the settings that it is set to use Data only. I grant you that is a slight bit less convenient, but the dialer is app as well. I am not sure why I am being told to knock it off, when I am trying to provide helpful info.
    10-28-18 02:50 PM
    A slight bit?

The point is simply this -- WFC is a part of the Android system (and is extremely efficient power-wise) for a reason -- it's built in. Using a third-party app negates that entirely. There are arguments for number-aggregation apps like DIGITS if you need them, but this simply a load of nonsense that it should be required -- it most-certainly should not, ever, for this functionality as not only is the internal capability there but IPSEC keying (which is what's used native) is actually *stronger* than native LTE voice/data encryption!

I stand corrected on T-Mobile and their pricing related to this but don't know if they changed it around or it was always this way. I recall looking at DIGITS when it was first announced (I've been on T-Mobile for the last couple of years) and thinking it made no sense to me at the time.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 10-30-18 at 08:52 AM.
    10-29-18 11:05 AM
    I'm currently on T-Mobile and can confirm I get VoLTE, and when I make phone calls there is a little HD sign next to my contacts name.

Does Verizon get any sort of enhanced calling like VoLTE?
    PHughes likes this.
    11-25-18 04:28 PM
    I am Verizon and yes I get HD calling.
    11-25-18 05:39 PM
    Folks, we are talking about wifi calling, not HD calling. Eyes on the prize...
    phuoc and jamesharmeling like this.
    11-25-18 05:53 PM
    Folks, we are talking about wifi calling, not HD calling. Eyes on the prize...
    HD calling = VoLTE calling, yes?
    GuyDreidelman likes this.
    11-25-18 06:46 PM
    HD calling = VoLTE calling, yes?
    I don't believe either of those is wifi calling.
    11-25-18 06:48 PM
    Correct.

HD is VoLTE. WiFi calling is entirely different and it is reported to NOT work on the Key2LE with *ANY* US carrier.

There's no reason for it not to, other than TCL intentionally tampering with the connection parameters in a fashion that makes it incompatible.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-25-18 07:24 PM
    I believe WI fi calling is a specific software for the carrier, I'm not sure if you can have a non branded phone work wi fi calling for t mobile

Posted via CB10
    11-25-18 07:31 PM
    I believe WI fi calling is a specific software for the carrier, I'm not sure if you can have a non branded phone work wi fi calling for t mobile

Posted via CB10
    No, it is not on modern devices (for the last several years, since VoLTE showed up.) It is in fact the same technology and just uses a different transport mechanism; you can actually flip back and forth between VoLTE and WFC on a single call.
    11-25-18 08:35 PM
    The biggest differences you will see will be with building penetration. Verizon is much better in this regard in my particular area. I have had verizon, att, and tmobile all within the past 2 years. I left tmobile within 2 months of signing up. You will hear a lot about how their network has improved and can keep up with the big boys now. That is not what I experienced upon my switch. There are still more dead spots in tmobiles network than verizon or att, but that wasnt a big issue. The biggest issue is how bad reception / data speeds degrade quickly in even small buildings. I work in a 3 floor office downtown and it is not a very big building and my data was unuseable at my office where att and verizon both would be getting incredibly fast data speeds, tmobile could not even load a web page. As soon as you go outside tmobile gets comparable speeds. I would have very slow or no data in malls and superstores and congested areas. I suppest you try it out and find out if tmobile will work for you. It may work great for you or you could run into similiar issues as I have had.
    GuyDreidelman likes this.
    11-26-18 03:32 AM
    does this still work or has this been blocked off?
    https://gstylemag.com/2018/07/14/how...ackberry-key2/
    11-27-18 05:40 AM
    im confused - does WFC work on the key2LE with VZN?
    11-27-18 05:41 AM
    In places where T-Mobile does *not* have low-band (700Mhz, Band 12) service building penetration is quite bad.

In places where they do it's basically the same as Verizon or AT&T for the same reason (lower frequencies penetrate buildings better -- by a lot.)

Band 12, and now Band 71 (which very few devices -- and none of the TCL BlackBerry offerings support right now) deployments resolve this; it's not just for rural areas as is often touted, but also for urban and suburban areas in that 600 and 700Mhz signals perform much better than higher frequencies when you're indoors.

T-Mobile has deployed a *lot* of 700Mhz over the last 2-3 years and continues to, and is now deploying quite a bit of 600Mhz. Ultimately if you don't have 600Mhz in your handset you're going to be unhappy with them as a carrier but that's a couple of years off and who knows what sort of manufacturer support, especially among BYOD handset makers, 600Mhz will find.
    11-27-18 06:44 AM
    In places where T-Mobile does *not* have low-band (700Mhz, Band 12) service building penetration is quite bad.

In places where they do it's basically the same as Verizon or AT&T for the same reason (lower frequencies penetrate buildings better -- by a lot.)

Band 12, and now Band 71 (which very few devices -- and none of the TCL BlackBerry offerings support right now) deployments resolve this; it's not just for rural areas as is often touted, but also for urban and suburban areas in that 600 and 700Mhz signals perform much better than higher frequencies when you're indoors.

T-Mobile has deployed a *lot* of 700Mhz over the last 2-3 years and continues to, and is now deploying quite a bit of 600Mhz. Ultimately if you don't have 600Mhz in your handset you're going to be unhappy with them as a carrier but that's a couple of years off and who knows what sort of manufacturer support, especially among BYOD handset makers, 600Mhz will find.
    This sounds great in theory. I was able to confirm I was on band 12 when experiencing these issues with building penetration. It was the first bit of research I did when trying to find the issue. Band 12 floods downtown with tmobile and building penetration is far far worse than att or verizon in my area. I live in pittsburgh, PA.
    11-27-18 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    yes you can. unlocked key1 worked with shortcut app work-around. unlocked key2 worked with the initial software until they took it away. never worked for key2LE.
    11-27-18 11:51 AM
29 12