Anybody know exactly what this app is for?

Device is an Indian Variant Key2 LE running build ABL911.
    06-13-19 02:50 AM
    Anybody know exactly what this app is for?

Device is an Indian Variant Key2 LE running build ABL911.
    Hello,

I don't think the dialer code listed here works any more for Engineering Mode,
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12945701

But from what I recall when I opened it a couple years ago was it gave access to a number of advanced, system level options.
    06-13-19 03:20 AM
    It would appear that mode/app is an "undocumented feature" on Indian Variant Key2 LE's. Maybe some other members with that version can confirm.....

Does that app/mode compromise the phone in any way?
    06-13-19 03:25 AM
    I think it could compromise security,for example I found 2 locker app at one point, see screenshot- one by tct and one by JRD Eng. . I believe I solved this by force stopping the JRD Eng app and reverting to factory settings.
    In the screen shot, you will see I discovered this using the Appchecker app. I *really* like this app, but FYI I did at one point find altered Appchecker app showing a fake/ favorable piechart. So don't just look at the piechart in Appchecker, look at the detailed app list from top to bottom in app checker.
    Attached Thumbnails System App JRD EngineeringMode-two-locker-app-tct-jrd.jpg  
    06-14-19 03:00 PM
    But from what I recall when I opened it a couple years ago was it gave access to a number of advanced, system level options.
    It would appear that mode/app is an "undocumented feature" on Indian Variant Key2 LE's. Maybe some other members with that version can confirm.....
    Pretty much. It's just a diagnostics and additional settings app for things that people shouldn't really mess with. It's on all devices in some form. Not that specific app mind you, but OEM's always add them in. Does it have the potential to compromise security? Sure. But it's a system loaded app as part of the firmware. You can't get rid of it even if you wanted to.
    06-14-19 03:52 PM
    Is it "normal" for there to be a system app called Telecom Recorder ?
    06-18-19 02:55 AM