I own the Black Edition KeyOne. Loving it. Had it for a year and debating on switching to the Key2 LE.

I can nab one new for $360 Cdn. (It the 32gb model).

I enjoy the keyboard of the KeyOne, but not nearly as much as the Classic. I understand the capacitive touch is gone with the LE. Debating if that is a must have feature or not.

Android Auto has been problematic in the beginning. Found one cord that works well. And sometimes the performance is slow, disconnecting the odd time.

Cell phone reception is okay, but could always be better. I read the LE is better with signal strength.

What are your experience with jumping to an LE? I'm thinking of just buying it anyway to see how it works out. If it's not my bag, should be easy enough to sell. Many selling in my area for $500 used.
    08-03-19 09:22 PM
    Buy it! I don't miss the capacitive keyboard. The reception and phone audio is better. It's lighter, the keys larger and flatter not mention it's faster in operation than the keyone.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-03-19 11:05 PM
    Buy it! I don't miss the capacitive keyboard. The reception and phone audio is better. It's lighter, the keys larger and flatter not mention it's faster in operation than the keyone.
    Pretty much this ^
    DOCTOREVIL8 and Byrese like this.
    08-03-19 11:43 PM
    I own the Black Edition KeyOne. Loving it. Had it for a year and debating on switching to the Key2 LE.

I enjoy the keyboard of the KeyOne, but not nearly as much as the Classic. I understand the capacitive touch is gone with the LE. Debating if that is a must have feature or not.

Android Auto has been problematic in the beginning. Found one cord that works well. And sometimes the performance is slow, disconnecting the odd time.

Cell phone reception is okay, but could always be better. I read the LE is better with signal strength.

What are your experience with jumping to an LE? I'm thinking of just buying it anyway to see how it works out. If it's not my bag, should be easy enough to sell. Many selling in my area for $500 used.
    I have the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, had the Key², and now the Key²LE. I found the KEYᵒⁿᵉ pkb very annoying to type on. The keys hard to push, too small, and the glossy keys just didn't feel right. The Key² has serious capacitive keyboard function flaws. A major thread evolved with many people complaining about those issues. After many months BBMo released a workaround for some of the flaws by incorporating the ability to turn some of those problematic functions off. Not a fix but a bandaid.
    Now I have the Key²LE. It doesn't t have a capacitive keyboard so no issues there, and in my experience the phone is as fast the Key² and the battery lasts as long (at least not noticeably shorter) as the Key².
    This is the first phone in many years that I don't have any complaints about. Certainly zero complaints about the keyboard. Ok..just a tiny one...the keyboard backlight could be brighter. Typing is a joy.
    As far as reception I haven't noticed any difference between the three phones.
    And the price is right on.
    The only issue that plagues all three models is availability. It seems the India variant of the Key²LE might be the easiest to find but don't be tempted. Updates will be problematic to get.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-04-19 05:05 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems the overall experience is a fairly positive one.

Not long after my original post, I found an open box LE on eBay for $279.99 Cdn. I snared that as fast as I could. At that price, no need to let a deal like this slip by. People are selling LE used in my area for $500.
    Last edited by DOCTOREVIL8; 08-05-19 at 08:02 AM.
    08-04-19 06:21 AM
    This is the first phone in many years that I don't have any complaints about. Certainly zero complaints about the keyboard. Ok..just a tiny one...the keyboard backlight could be brighter.
    Here, I'll throw one in for ya:

The notification light SUCKS on the LE.

Even the Unihertz Titan, which is a BB rip off, has a brighter LED.

Aside from that, the LE is awesome
    08-04-19 07:15 AM
    Here, I'll throw one in for ya:

The notification light SUCKS on the LE.

Even the Unihertz Titan, which is a BB rip off, has a brighter LED.

Aside from that, the LE is awesome
    Never noticed that Key²LE notification light sucked. I'll keep an eye on that. Maybe I'll have one complaint, which will still be better than the other Keys I've had.
    08-04-19 07:36 AM
    I have the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, had the Key², and now the Key²LE. I found the KEYᵒⁿᵉ pkb very annoying to type on. The keys hard to push, too small, and the glossy keys just didn't feel right. The Key² has serious capacitive keyboard function flaws. A major thread evolved with many people complaining about those issues. After many months BBMo released a workaround for some of the flaws by incorporating the ability to turn some of those problematic functions off. Not a fix but a bandaid.
    Now I have the Key²LE. It doesn't t have a capacitive keyboard so no issues there, and in my experience the phone is as fast the Key² and the battery lasts as long (at least not noticeably shorter) as the Key².
    This is the first phone in many years that I don't have any complaints about. Certainly zero complaints about the keyboard. Ok..just a tiny one...the keyboard backlight could be brighter. Typing is a joy.
    As far as reception I haven't noticed any difference between the three phones.
    And the price is right on.
    The only issue that plagues all three models is availability. It seems the India variant of the Key²LE might be the easiest to find but don't be tempted. Updates will be problematic to get.
    Your comments/views are shared by others. I’ve never been a fan of the capacitive PKB , yet the non-capacitive is what BB users from it's heyday would be most familiar with. I suspect that’s why the version is chosen by VZW as carrier model.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-04-19 08:39 AM
    I was forced to switched back to my Slate Key 2 LE after I dropped my KEY2 Red Edition in the water. I must say I am very very impressed by the LE's capabilities. I find the keyboard better to type on. I can't really say why, but the keys feel a little softer. The only downside when compared to the KEY2 is they feel a bit more cramped. in terms of speed and battery I don't really notice any significant difference. I miss the capacitive keyboard albeit not very much. Only used it for scrolling through Twitter and Instagram feed, and swipe to delete text.
    another downside of the LE is extremely cheap looking notification LED.

For the rest I actually believe the LE is the best BlackBerry Mobile device to date especially when looking at the price\quality.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-04-19 11:06 AM
    I was forced to switched back to my Slate Key 2 LE after I dropped my KEY2 Red Edition in the water. I must say I am very very impressed by the LE's capabilities. I find the keyboard better to type on. I can't really say why, but the keys feel a little softer. The only downside when compared to the KEY2 is they feel a bit more cramped. in terms of speed and battery I don't really notice any significant difference. I miss the capacitive keyboard albeit not very much. Only used it for scrolling through Twitter and Instagram feed, and swipe to delete text.
    another downside of the LE is extremely cheap looking notification LED.

For the rest I actually believe the LE is the best BlackBerry Mobile device to date especially when looking at the price\quality.
    You dropped your Red KEY2 in the water!?!?!

NOOOO
    08-04-19 11:37 AM
    yeah that kinda sucked. I felt like **** for a while. Contemplated on whether to get a new one, but decided to keep the 600 euro and stick with the LE until KEY3 arrives in 2020
    08-04-19 11:46 AM
    wash it with distilled water, then place in rice for 48 hours. distilled water is key.
    08-04-19 11:55 AM
    Yes, and if the above doesn't work, then you should still be able to sell it for somewhere around 250 - 300 for parts.

This has an improved keyboard which is hard to come by.
    08-04-19 12:24 PM
    I just went from a BE KEYone to a Key2 LE. The new PKB does feel better, but I still miss the capacitive keyboard (specially for quick suggestions input and erase full words). The regular Key2 would've been better for me, but it is slim picks here in Brazil, so I had to go with the LE. Other than that, my experience has been great.
    the_boon and DOCTOREVIL8 like this.
    08-04-19 08:00 PM
    I just went from a BE KEYone to a Key2 LE. The new PKB does feel better, but I still miss the capacitive keyboard (specially for quick suggestions input and erase full words). The regular Key2 would've been better for me, but it is slim picks here in Brazil, so I had to go with the LE. Other than that, my experience has been great.
    Quick words, I use the screen and tap. So that won't change for me. Swiping up with the words wasn't consistent enough. Deleting words, that'll be a tough one for me.
    08-06-19 06:23 PM

Can I ask where you were getting the $360 Key2LE in Canada? I tried getting the $399.97 Staples version with 25% discount, but most places would not allow phones to be sold with Clearance, and now they are currently sold out anywhere near me.
    08-07-19 02:17 PM
    Can I ask where you were getting the $360 Key2LE in Canada? I tried getting the $399.97 Staples version with 25% discount, but most places would not allow phones to be sold with Clearance, and now they are currently sold out anywhere near me.
    Koodo has the deal. They normally sell for $480 but if you go on plan, it's $360. It's 32gb version, still 4gb ram. Just cancel the plan when the phone is delivered so you don't get a monthly charge. Red Flag Deals mentions how to do it.
    skilas likes this.
    08-07-19 02:51 PM
    Koodo has the deal. They normally sell for $480 but if you go on plan, it's $360. It's 32gb version, still 4gb ram. Just cancel the plan when the phone is delivered so you don't get a monthly charge. Red Flag Deals mentions how to do it.
    I understand. $120 on small tab. Plus $240. Or $0 medium tab, plus $360.

I'm on Telus. And it's just $480. Been waiting for a discount. Or mainly waiting on the Key2 to drop.
    08-07-19 10:56 PM
    I understand. $120 on small tab. Plus $240. Or $0 medium tab, plus $360.

I'm on Telus. And it's just $480. Been waiting for a discount. Or mainly waiting on the Key2 to drop.
    I doubt you’ll see the Key2 drop as that’s what so many expected only to watch it sellout.
    08-08-19 08:56 PM
    I doubt you’ll see the Key2 drop as that’s what so many expected only to watch it sellout.
    Ya. Based on all the threads of no stock left of the Key2s, I figured. It's just a shame they only have the black versions left. I just can't bring myself to pay the launch price for a phone that is over a year old. Plus carriers have new plans that no longer discount phones. Just allow you to pay the full price over 24 months...
    08-08-19 09:29 PM
    Telus, Bell and Rogers - have they got BlackBerry ‘s in stock? Ready to go?
    08-08-19 10:08 PM
    Telus, Bell and Rogers - have they got BlackBerry ‘s in stock? Ready to go?
    Telus seems to still have the Key 2 (Black) and Key2LE (Slate).
    Rogers, Bell the same.
    Koodo just the Key2LE.
    Fido and Virgin's sites don't show any.
    08-09-19 12:38 PM
    I have both KEY2 LE and KEYone Black Edition. I love both devices but I prefer KEY2 LE
    08-20-19 06:00 AM
    I have both KEY2 LE and KEYone Black Edition. I love both devices but I prefer KEY2 LE
    I'm about to switch from a silver KEYyone to a KEY2 LE because my phone headset speaker went out and I don't want to pay for repair out of warranty. My biggest concern is the camera is going to be way worse on the KEY2. Someone please reassure me that the camera is decent.
    08-30-19 08:59 AM
    FYI - for those looking this was through gotalk and it was $499 for the -05 model with dual sim and 64GB. I know original retail was $449. Was the dual sim always $499 or are they jacking price due to limited supply? More curious as I've already ordered.

Looks like they may have some now or coming in any day if you are looking.
    08-30-19 04:30 PM
36 12