I am not wanting to ever do this again.

The costs of eBay seem rather high but I guess eBay protects the seller and the buyer.

Anybody have any suggestions beyond simple trust between the unknown seller and unknown buyer?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    03-17-21 10:33 AM
    You can start here in the CrackBerry marketplace.... just follow the posting guidelines.

Swappa is mentioned a lot here.

But in the end eBay is hard to go wrong with the protections they offer.
    03-17-21 10:58 AM

The costs of eBay seem rather high but I guess eBay protects the seller and the buyer.

Anybody have any suggestions beyond simple trust between the unknown seller and unknown buyer?

Not sure where you live, but I would look first for a localized second-hand buy/sell market. Unless you live in a very rural or small population area you probably will have such a site with web buying and selling. In Canada we have Kijjiji which has localized ads depending which part of the country you live in. It's free to advertise your merch and seems to work well. USA has Craig's List and many others.
    03-17-21 11:02 AM

eBay mostly protects the buyer. The sellers are treated unfairly if a dispute were to arise.
    Beware of shady buyers with zero/low feedback.
    As a seller there, to take maximum precautions, I take photos of the item with its USPS packaging before, and sometimes even film myself packing it up and taking it there.

A KEY2 LE is something that should garner interest on the marketplace here.
    03-17-21 11:11 AM
    You can start here in the CrackBerry marketplace.... just follow the posting guidelines.

DDD, Thanks for your response. I wasn't sure if the Marketplace here was still active.
    03-17-21 08:59 PM
    Not sure where you live, but I would look first for a localized second-hand buy/sell market. Unless you live in a very rural or small population area you probably will have such a site with web buying and selling. In Canada we have Kijjiji which has localized ads depending which part of the country you live in. It's free to advertise your merch and seems to work well. USA has Craig's List and many others.
    brookie229n Thanks for your response. I am in Southern California so there are lots of people around. I hadn't really considered Craig's List or similar as a marketplace for a more localized market. Who knows, there might still be a BlackBerry fan around here besides me?!
    SmilePhone likes this.
    03-17-21 09:04 PM
    eBay mostly protects the buyer. The sellers are treated unfairly if a dispute were to arise.
    Beware of shady buyers with zero/low feedback.
    As a seller there, to take maximum precautions, I take photos of the item with its USPS packaging before, and sometimes even film myself packing it up and taking it there.

A KEY2 LE is something that should garner interest on the marketplace here.
    the_boon, Thanks for your helpful info. Sounds like EBay is even more risky than I suspected. With the effort you describe, it makes one wonder if the game is worth the candle. I am assuming I may be able to get tens of dollars at most. Certainly not hundreds or thousands. Hmm, hundreds or thousands do have a nice ring to them, though!
    SmilePhone likes this.
    03-17-21 09:11 PM

E Bay for me became a non-starter after they require your bank account info to sell.
    03-18-21 10:13 AM
    brookie229n Thanks for your response. I am in Southern California so there are lots of people around. I hadn't really considered Craig's List or similar as a marketplace for a more localized market. Who knows, there might still be a BlackBerry fan around here besides me?!
    I prefer selling from the back of my Excursion, in a dark alleyway, cash only ;-D
    03-18-21 11:38 AM
    I hope you have luck and find a BlackBerry fan around you
    ynak@mail.ru likes this.
    03-18-21 11:57 AM
    I prefer selling from the back of my Excursion, in a dark alleyway, cash only ;-D
    LMAO
    03-18-21 12:13 PM
    the_boon, Thanks for your helpful info. Sounds like EBay is even more risky than I suspected. With the effort you describe, it makes one wonder if the game is worth the candle. I am assuming I may be able to get tens of dollars at most. Certainly not hundreds or thousands. Hmm, hundreds or thousands do have a nice ring to them, though!
    Try Swappa, I don't think there are any other LE's at the time of typing this, so you'd have that submarket to yourself lol
    03-18-21 01:37 PM
    Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions. I'm intrigued by Chuck Finley's offer to sell it out the back of his SUV. What's your cut Chuck? by the time I drive from San Diego to Florida, I may need to add a few thousand to the price to cover my costs. but the whole idea of a dark alley deal is so alluring how can I pass it up?
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-18-21 06:12 PM
    I have much positive experience with Swappa as both a buyer and seller.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-20-21 12:27 AM
    I have much positive experience with Swappa as both a buyer and seller.
    Thanks, I'll research that. I have heard if it but I know nothing about.
    03-20-21 01:33 PM
    there is another joke here......................................
    03-20-21 05:55 PM
    there is another joke here......................................

I had no idea that alley was in your neighborhood that night and she wasn't the customer, I was....
    03-20-21 06:09 PM
    I had no idea that alley was in your neighborhood that night and she wasn't the customer, I was....
    Attached Thumbnails suggestions for cost effective and safe way to sell my Key2le?-dont-do-.jpg   suggestions for cost effective and safe way to sell my Key2le?-drooling.jpg   suggestions for cost effective and safe way to sell my Key2le?-doh.jpg  
    03-20-21 06:37 PM
    I tried to start a new thread to sell a BB, but it says I don't have permission ??
    03-20-21 07:06 PM
    I tried to start a new thread to sell a BB, but it says I don't have permission ??
    Answered in your other thread.
    Last edited by Ecm; 03-21-21 at 11:03 AM.
    03-20-21 07:52 PM
    You’ve got to buildup your street creds
    mh1983 and Kellyfrombayfield like this.
    03-22-21 01:48 PM
    In general, if you are going to sell local, expect to get a bit less price in the name of convenience. Most people are going to think your price is unreasonable especially considering how old the Key2 LE is by now.

I would say Ebay is your best bet in getting the max price for your key2 LE. You are going to reach for the buyers in your entire country who is willing to pay for your price.
    03-24-21 09:05 AM
    In general, if you are going to sell local, expect to get a bit less price in the name of convenience. Most people are going to think your price is unreasonable especially considering how old the Key2 LE is by now.

I would say Ebay is your best bet in getting the max price for your key2 LE. You are going to reach for the buyers in your entire country who is willing to pay for your price.
    Yes, right now KEY2's and LE's (and KEYone BE's) are going for high dollar on eBay.

Just a few months ago, you could find LE's for under $300 easily, and KEY2's at around that price if they were basic black models with no accessories.

This is no longer the case today, any of those that is in good working condition is going for at least $400!
    03-24-21 09:22 AM