Hello All!

My battery on the LE drained 7% overnight when having either Wi-Fi and data etc on or off.

So I ended up just keeping the power off key pressed and allowed the device to keep switching on and then off. Not sure if this is a type of reset or reboot.
    But any how my phones battery percentage showed 92% (before pressing the power off key) and after doing this it showed 94%!

Btw had charged it to 100% overnight.

I conclude I think I have a strange device...
    09-29-19 01:17 AM
    Check what is eating up your battery in Settings > Battery... Is it by any chance "Carrier services"??
    09-29-19 02:19 AM
    Check what is eating up your battery in Settings > Battery... Is it by any chance "Carrier services"??
    Yes it was.
    09-29-19 02:43 AM
    Did you solve the problem?
    09-29-19 02:52 AM
    Yes it was.
    The thread is more so to ask if by pressing the power off key for a length of time increases the battery percentage as in my case.

I think the battery drain is what it is as discussed in my previous thread of whether an overnight 10% is normal or not.

09-29-19 02:52 AM
    Did you solve the problem?
    Of sorts I guess after doing this power off action it's only drained 1% so far.

Maybe I'm going to have to accept that I have to keep doing this action regularly with my phone. Again which doesn't really make sense.
    09-29-19 02:55 AM
    Of sorts I guess after doing this power off action it's only drained 1% so far.

Maybe I'm going to have to accept that I have to keep doing this action regularly with my phone. Again which doesn't really make sense.
    Nope it doesn't. Have you thought about contacting BlackBerry customer service for warranty replacement. What you're experiencing doesn't sound normal.
    09-29-19 03:00 AM
    Hello All!

My battery on the LE drained 7% overnight when having either Wi-Fi and data etc on or off.

So I ended up just keeping the power off key pressed and allowed the device to keep switching on and then off. Not sure if this is a type of reset or reboot.
    But any how my phones battery percentage showed 92% (before pressing the power off key) and after doing this it showed 94%!

Sorry my mistake it showed 96% not 94%!
    09-29-19 03:05 AM
    Nope it doesn't. Have you thought about contacting BlackBerry customer service for warranty replacement. What you're experiencing doesn't sound normal.
    Hi Byrese!

I have already contacted them and they have said the overnight battery drain is normal.

Let's see how it goes.
    09-29-19 04:05 AM
    Yes it was.
    Great. And do you use Google Chrome by any chance?? If so, please uninstall Chrome and check again. In my case it was Chrome causing issues. After uninstalling my Carrier Services don't even appear in battery usage app list...
    09-30-19 05:37 AM
    Great. And do you use Google Chrome by any chance?? If so, please uninstall Chrome and check again. In my case it was Chrome causing issues. After uninstalling my Carrier Services don't even appear in battery usage app list...
    Hey thanks! I don't use Chrome at all. Unfortunately cannot uninstall it but have disabled it etc.
    09-30-19 07:34 AM
    Sorry my mistake it showed 96% not 94%!

Back to your previous thread... 7-10% drop overnight is not normal in airplane mode. But are you saying that you charge up the phone fully before going to bed and then take it off the charge and put it in airplane mode?

Secondly, the battery statistics are not a straight line... if you turn on your phone and use it for a few minutes the stats are taking into account only the use up until that point. If you hit the power to shut off the phone and then don't use the phone for another 10 minutes this will alter the battery stats. The stats rely on longer term usage to determine more accurately the battery usage.

So...
    09-30-19 11:27 PM
    Hello All!

Which is it, charged fully over night or loss of 7% overnight?
    09-30-19 11:29 PM
    Which is it, charged fully over night or loss of 7% overnight?
    I had charged it to 100% and then the drain happened during the night.

But it's the type of reboot that I did which got the device back up to 96% from being down to 92%.
    After the reboot the device doesn't show much drain and runs ok.
    That's what I'm finding strange.

I think we have discussed all thats needed regarding battery drain.

It's just the question of why I may have to reboot this phone regular to prevent drain. I shouldn't have to.
    10-01-19 04:05 AM
    Back to your previous thread... 7-10% drop overnight is not normal in airplane mode. But are you saying that you charge up the phone fully before going to bed and then take it off the charge and put it in airplane mode?

Secondly, the battery statistics are not a straight line... if you turn on your phone and use it for a few minutes the stats are taking into account only the use up until that point. If you hit the power to shut off the phone and then don't use the phone for another 10 minutes this will alter the battery stats. The stats rely on longer term usage to determine more accurately the battery usage.

So...
    Yes (after full charge) have put it on airplane mode. This time I didn't and just switched off the Wi-Fi and data.

It doesn't really seem to make a difference Yamahammer on the drain. The reboot seems to reduce the drain but otherwise the drain is about the same.
    10-01-19 04:08 AM
    Yes (after full charge) have put it on airplane mode. This time I didn't and just switched off the Wi-Fi and data.

It doesn't really seem to make a difference Yamahammer on the drain. The reboot seems to reduce the drain but otherwise the drain is about the same.
    I accept your comments 're the battery stats.
    10-01-19 04:09 AM
    I had charged it to 100% and then the drain happened during the night.

But it's the type of reboot that I did which got the device back up to 96% from being down to 92%.
    After the reboot the device doesn't show much drain and runs ok.
    That's what I'm finding strange.

I think we have discussed all thats needed regarding battery drain.

It's just the question of why I may have to reboot this phone regular to prevent drain. I shouldn't have to.
    Well frankly I can't understand your use of the phone. You charge it fully then unplug it and turn off the networks and then go to bed. Why would you do that? I'm lost.
    10-01-19 11:46 PM