I have Key2LE (32GB) with Android 8.0.1 and I am not successful with adding my SD (64GB) as device internal memory. I spent some time searching for the answer but it seems BB added some flavor to OS and posts I found do not reflect what my Storage Settings are. I would appreciate any guidance how to solve the issue. I need more internal memory for my Kobo books and do not want to delete those which i already read .
    Thank you
    Tomasz
    02-26-20 02:05 PM
    I have Key2LE (32GB) with Android 8.0.1 and I am not successful with adding my SD (64GB) as device internal memory. I spent some time searching for the answer but it seems BB added some flavor to OS and posts I found do not reflect what my Storage Settings are. I would appreciate any guidance how to solve the issue. I need more internal memory for my Kobo books and do not want to delete those which i already read .
    Thank you
    Tomasz
    It's the last thing you would want to do anyway. Adoptable storage is a recipe for disaster. Failure rates on SD cards are far higher than system storage memory, and lead to fatal corruption often - which means you lose everything (both card and device storage). It's also a lot slower, despite the fastest cards.

Your books are always available in the cloud if you need to download them again.
    Grungni likes this.
    02-26-20 02:40 PM
    Those books can't be saved to an SD card directly?
    02-26-20 05:05 PM
    Those books can't be saved to an SD card directly?
    Rakuten apps of which Kobo Books is one only allow you to download to internal memory... I stopped using their video app because of this...
    02-26-20 05:45 PM
    Rakuten apps of which Kobo Books is one only allow you to download to internal memory... I stopped using their video app because of this...
    In Dev Settings there's an option to force allowing apps to install on external storage. I haven't used it but you might try moving your app to the card and then downloading your content.
    02-27-20 12:17 PM
    Thank you all. Neither Kobo (Rakuten) app nor Kobo books can be installed on external memory - I have checked this with Kobo. I think I have to accept the defeat and remove the read books to make space for the new and relay on the Kobo cloud to re-load if needed. On the other hand I would love to learn how to configure SD as internal memory for my Key2LE anyway.
    02-27-20 12:48 PM
    Thank you all. Neither Kobo (Rakuten) app nor Kobo books can be installed on external memory - I have checked this with Kobo. I think I have to accept the defeat and remove the read books to make space for the new and relay on the Kobo cloud to re-load if needed. On the other hand I would love to learn how to configure SD as internal memory for my Key2LE anyway.
    Did you try the Developer Options setting?
    02-27-20 08:03 PM
    I did not find anything related there.
    03-04-20 10:06 AM