So I have the Key 2 LE - BBE100-4 and overall I'm really happy with the phone but that extremely annoying feature of the side power button acting as a default emergency dial when pressed 3 times keeps occurring. This year I must have pocket dialed 112 (which gets converted to 911 in Canada) 5 times. And the last time they took my name and phone model down.

This is becoming a big concern for me, I don't want to clog up emergency communication channels and I certainly don't want to get into trouble for something I can't control.

Question: At this point, as much as I like the LE, I have to look at switching. I guess in theory I can try to switch to the North American model...but does the NA model also have this annoying feature? I am under the impression that only the BBE100-4 is like this (the Indian model). If anyone knows, please let me know.
    11-29-19 10:12 AM
    So I have the Key 2 LE - BBE100-4 and overall I'm really happy with the phone but that extremely annoying feature of the side power button acting as a default emergency dial when pressed 3 times keeps occurring. This year I must have pocket dialed 112 (which gets converted to 911 in Canada) 5 times. And the last time they took my name and phone model down.

This is becoming a big concern for me, I don't want to clog up emergency communication channels and I certainly don't want to get into trouble for something I can't control.

Question: At this point, as much as I like the LE, I have to look at switching. I guess in theory I can try to switch to the North American model...but does the NA model also have this annoying feature? I am under the impression that only the BBE100-4 is like this (the Indian model). If anyone knows, please let me know.
    I believe that model only for it’s specific intended market. If device is available in carrier store, test it out.
    11-29-19 10:24 AM

Only that single Indian variant (out of over 60) has that feature - as required by Indian law.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

PRD-65014-001.
    11-29-19 10:25 AM
    Thank you Conite
    11-29-19 10:32 AM
    Only that single Indian variant (out of over 60) has that feature - as required by Indian law.

PRD-65014-001.
    Quick follow-up question. Are the Indian variants only in Slate? So if I buy a red or champagne, it's guaranteed NOT to be an Indian variant? It's hard to get variant codes from many vendors so if I can zero in on a certain colour, that would be great.
    11-29-19 11:07 AM
    Quick follow-up question. Are the Indian variants only in Slate? So if I buy a red or champagne, it's guaranteed NOT to be an Indian variant? It's hard to get variant codes from many vendors so if I can zero in on a certain colour, that would be great.
    There is only a single variant for India, so it can only be available in that one colour.
    11-29-19 11:09 AM
    Sweet! Thanks, hopefully I can find a red one for a decent price.
    11-29-19 12:36 PM

PRD-65014-001.
    What? You're telling me there's 60 different PRD's for the LE?
    11-29-19 04:20 PM
    What? You're telling me there's 60 different PRD's for the LE?
    Actually 80+.
    11-29-19 05:01 PM