What is the purpose of the button with the 6 squares next to the "symbol" button?
    02-29-20 01:37 PM
    What is the purpose of the button with the 6 squares next to the "symbol" button?
    It's the Speed key.
    From your homescreen you can program keyboard shortcuts to open an app. To open an app from any other screen you can press the speed key along with an assigned shortcut button to open the app/shortcut.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    02-29-20 01:41 PM
    Yes it is the Speed Key, also works in any Launcher.

9 dots square 3 by 3
    02-29-20 05:35 PM
    So, it's similar to the convenience key?
    02-29-20 07:57 PM
    So, it's similar to the convenience key?
    Not really. If you press the speed key ( 9 dots << K2) , on its own it will do nothing.
    If you have keyboard shortcuts set up i.e., say A = Amazon app and press both speed key and A ( short press or long whichever you have chosen) then it will open that app. If when in the Amazon app you wish to visit crackberry and have that on (c) then press the speed key and (c) Will open crackberry. It will also place a phone call if you have any of your contacts set up as a keyboard shortcut. Again this is all if you are already in a app it just saves you exiting that app and opening another etc.
    Should also mention as above example if you wish to go back to Amazon from the crackberry app you don't need to use the speed key as pressing the square button will take you back to the other opened app.
    The only problem is trying to remember all the assigned keyboard shortcuts :-)
    I hope this helps as it's really great once you get used to it.
    Good luck.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    lzmx likes this.
    03-01-20 03:27 AM
    Meant to say pressing the square button twice Will take you back to the other opened app. Couldn't edit my above post using Priv or K2.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    03-01-20 03:33 AM