I just took some photos with my LE and Passport SE...

The LE pics looked better overall. More crisp and colors were more on point.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I appreciate that test because I find Passport's camera fairly good (but slow). I might get the KEY2 le next.
    12-07-18 12:06 AM
    Thank you. I appreciate that test because I find Passport's camera fairly good (but slow). I might get the KEY2 le next.
    KEY ² LE camera is much faster than Passport. And pics are better in quality. So you won't be disappointed if that is where you're coming from.
    12-07-18 03:38 AM
    KEY ² LE camera is much faster than Passport. And pics are better in quality. So you won't be disappointed if that is where you're coming from.
    Given that the Passport is almost 4 and a half years old, we would surely hope so!
    12-07-18 03:46 AM
    Given that the Passport is almost 4 and a half years old, we would surely hope so!
    Totally agree. But the original question was if it was better and faster. Hence my answer.
    12-07-18 03:54 AM
    True.. but the Passport is a marvel. It's a machine that lays outside of linear time, it was ahead of its time by a few years at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-18 02:24 AM
    It is interesting to think what would of happened if the Passport was the first BB10 device. It's screen size might have intrigued the App developers and sparked more development than the Z10 did. Probably wishful thinking, but the Passport was an amazing phone.
    12-08-18 07:28 AM
    Just realized there's a "night mode" function in the settings on the LE... and it allows you to calibrate the keyboard backlight brightness... Pretty cool. Never had a BlackBerry that allowed that function.

Posted via CB10

Nevermind, my KeyOne just updated to Oreo 8.1 and it also has this keyboard backlight brightness function. The KeyOne keyboard is brighter but both keyboards are unique in their own way.
    Last edited by Livermore; 12-08-18 at 05:58 PM.
    12-08-18 03:28 PM
    I also noticed the keyboard light matches the slate theme.. it's a light blueish color.

Also the secondary symbols on the keys are colored in a slate theme as well.

The frame of the phone and keyboard surface sparkles in the sunlight... looks nice.

Posted via CB10
    pjh248 likes this.
    12-08-18 04:01 PM
    I'm also a fan of the physical side buttons (volume, power, convenience key).. very clicky and I love how the power key has a different feel (more rugged) than the other keys.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-08-18 04:02 PM
    I know I've said it before in this thread, but this keyboard is brilliant.

The LE is definitely the easiest BlackBerry I've ever typed on. Second place goes to the Q10.

Loving this phone more and more daily. Really good decision.

I'm really curious to see how the LE fairs against the Key2. If the Key2 ever gets approved for Verizon I might pull the trigger on that beast.

Posted via CB10
    Not going to see official approval at this point, however many are getting Key2 activated by indicating device is LE with cooperative VZW reps with new SIM cards.
    12-08-18 09:55 PM
    I'm starting to use the speed key more. I notice the speed key has specific uses.. for example if you use two apps simultaneously.

I often have my notes app open and Google when I'm writing and looking up vocabulary.. it's very handy. I now see the worth of this button, at first I thought it was kind of gimmicky..

I was on my KeyOne doing the same thing (adding vocabulary to my notes) and looking for the speed key..

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 01:16 AM
    I just typed a bunch of stuff using my KeyOne and instantly realized the difference between the LE's keyboard..

The KeyOne is a bit more difficult to type on. The LE's lightweight and matte finish and clickyness really is a drastic improvement. It might be my favorite keyboard to type on yet.. even better then the Classic and Q10 keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon and bh7171 like this.
    12-09-18 01:19 AM
    I just typed a bunch of stuff using my KeyOne and instantly realized the difference between the LE's keyboard..

The KeyOne is a bit more difficult to type on. The LE's lightweight and matte finish and clickyness really is a drastic improvement. It might be my favorite keyboard to type on yet.. even better then the Classic and Q10 keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds even more interesting to me that you mentioned the Classic in the keyboard feel. My Classic was/is my favorite BlackBerry PKB. What carrier are you using your LE on and how is signal strength compared to your prior BlackBerry 's?
    12-10-18 12:32 AM
    I would say that Classic keyboard is much better then the one on K2LE. So it is very personal thing, depends what feeling and response from keyboard you expect. Classic keys are a little harder to press but much better response when it is pressed. LE keys are lighter but I am not sure with pressing that much as I am with Classic. I am doing a lot mistyping on LE but that may be because my fingers are still remembering keys size from Classic. Problem is space which is a little higher then other keys so I am typing space when when I want V or B. 1/4 of V/B presses, I also press space.. Will see in a few months if the phone ends thrown on the floor or not .

The speed key, I was looking forward to it but now when I have LE, I am not using the speed key at all. I am closing the apps all the time (or I think I am because I am closing it on recents and Android thinks he can think better then me... ) and when I need to switch between two apps - I double tap on rectangle to go to previous app.
    12-10-18 03:33 AM
    Sounds even more interesting to me that you mentioned the Classic in the keyboard feel. My Classic was/is my favorite BlackBerry PKB. What carrier are you using your LE on and how is signal strength compared to your prior BlackBerry 's?
    I'm using Verizon... signal strength has been great, I'm out in Hawaii.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-18 05:22 AM
    I'm using Verizon... signal strength has been great, I'm out in Hawaii.

Posted via CB10
    Out in Hawaii, you lucky dog:-)
    12-10-18 10:16 AM
    After about two weeks I gotta say, this phone is great. It beat my expectations which is all that matters. Still curious to see how the Key2 feels, but I might just hold out for the Key Thrice.

I wanted to give props to the BlackBerry Locker.. genius software.. Android BlackBerry is stepping their game up, especially with this new Hub in the beta.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 09:08 PM
    After about two weeks I gotta say, this phone is great. It beat my expectations which is all that matters. Still curious to see how the Key2 feels, but I might just hold out for the Key Thrice.

I wanted to give props to the BlackBerry Locker.. genius software.. Android BlackBerry is stepping their game up, especially with this new Hub in the beta.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. This phone is really amazing, especially when considering the price (I paid EUR 389,--).
    I have not experienced any lag or other performance issues, and that was certainly not the case with my DTEK60. The phone is working awesome in colder conditions for example. The DTEK60 was having battery and screen issues in those conditions. And it had lag issues after a couple of days of heavy use. Nothing of that with this LE so far.
    12-14-18 01:52 AM
    My only complaint with this phone would be the LED notification light. It blinks weird. It's not clean like the KeyOne or any other prior BlackBerry for that matter.

Other then that the phone is flawless. Fits perfect in the hand, feels smooth yet grippy, long battery, charges fast, speakers decent, camera decent, keyboard utility phenomenal, fingerprint sensor lightning fast, keyboard tactility is great, even though it's capacitiveless it's one of my favorite BlackBerry keyboards.

I love how you can adjust the keyboard backlight and also those wicked android Euclid buttons.

The lightness really sold me. After holding this machine for days on end now.. whenever I pick up my KeyOne or Passport SE they seem pretty hefty and heavy. I vote for lighter although I do like the weight factor of those phones too.

I'd love to see the Key 3 to take advantage of all the screen real estate possible.. get rid of the bezels it's 2019.. I feel like BBMobile will make sure the Key3 has a different and way better screen than the KeyOne,Key2(LE)...I hope at least.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    12-14-18 03:32 AM
    My only complaint with this phone would be the LED notification light. It blinks weird. It's not clean like the KeyOne or any other prior BlackBerry for that matter.

Other then that the phone is flawless. Fits perfect in the hand, feels smooth yet grippy, long battery, charges fast, speakers decent, camera decent, keyboard utility phenomenal, fingerprint sensor lightning fast, keyboard tactility is great, even though it's capacitiveless it's one of my favorite BlackBerry keyboards.

I love how you can adjust the keyboard backlight and also those wicked android Euclid buttons.

The lightness really sold me. After holding this machine for days on end now.. whenever I pick up my KeyOne or Passport SE they seem pretty hefty and heavy. I vote for lighter although I do like the weight factor of those phones too.

I'd love to see the Key 3 to take advantage of all the screen real estate possible.. get rid of the bezels it's 2019.. I feel like BBMobile will make sure the Key3 has a different and way better screen than the KeyOne,Key2(LE)...I hope at least.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree...
    I'm really enjoying this device...just love it.
    12-14-18 12:19 PM
    Well it's been about one month and the phone is flawless.

It's very fast and much more swift and smoother than my KeyOne's UI experience.

BlackBerry Mobile did a great job.

Just hope if they decide to make the Key Thrice LE version that it has capacitive keys.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and the_boon like this.
    12-20-18 01:54 AM
    I choose BlackBerry machines over the rest because of its uniqueness and userability.

These phones all have features that aren't on any other smartphone, and if they are BlackBerry does it better.

The Classic release in 2014 really was the start of this new wave of BlackBerry innovation and that's when they decided to go for broke. They designed phones no other manufacturer would dare.. which is hugely risky. And BlackBerry is still alive and well throughout all these years.

I'm really excited for the Key Thrice. I feel like the Key2 was a filler device, as great as it is.

BlackBerry Mobile saved the really good ideas for the Key3.

Anybody have ideas as what they think the Key3 will for sure have? I'm pretty sure it will have bezelless screen. And it will be beautiful. I'm pretty sure there will be an LE version as I can't see the Key3 being cheaper than the Key2.

I pray the LE version has capcitive keys. I hope the Key3 has AMOLED screen... which then I assume the LE will have LCD and maybe thicker bezels? Just please give the LE capkeys! Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-21-18 03:56 AM
    Out in Hawaii, you lucky dog:-)
    Been here for awhile now. Getting crowded on this island. I'm thinking of island hopping to Kauai or Maui.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-18 03:56 AM
    Been here for awhile now. Getting crowded on this island. I'm thinking of island hopping to Kauai or Maui.

Posted via CB10
    First world problems:-)
    12-21-18 07:57 AM
    Well I have here a Cobalt LE. Been away from BlackBerry for a long time. Went over to the dark side with iPhone 8+ for the last couple years. Missed PKB. Decided to try again. My extremely brief review.

Kybrd +. Passport still rules. I read k2 is better(except space bar). Takes getting used to all over again. Missing capacitive functionality.

I do notice lag when scrolling. It's annoying.

Managed to figure out all the things about android that drove me crazy before like duplicate contacts in email. Some other stuff. Once past that I'm beginning to appreciate android a bit more. Setting up the phone took a while but end result is super.

Camera daylight - terrific. Good for me.
    Camera low light - it's as bad as everyone says it is. A big fail there.

Overall a terrific device. Imo if they increased size to say note 9 or ip8+ allowing a slightly larger screen and keyboard and fixing that damned awful lowlight camera capability this would be an awesome phone.

I hope, if there's a K3, these things are fixed. One can only hope.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-23-18 10:41 PM
57 123