Pulled the trigger on this machine yesterday.

This thread will be an updated review on things I notice as time permits.

I am upgrading from a KeyOne/PassportSE as my daily drivers.

Bought mine at Best Buy, headed over to a verizon corporate store and got a new SIM. Text messages weren't working at first but calling worked. The general manager knew what he was doing thankfully and got everything working smoothly!

First impressions is this is the lightest berry I've had since the Q10.

This might be the most slippery berry I've had as well. Slippery moreso than the KeyOne.

Aesthetically the device is stellar. Modern and professional, it's a good look. I can imagine what the Key Thrice will look like with more screen real estate, get rid of those android buttons for good, etc.. but I like the direction BBMOBILE is heading with this design.

Phone fits perfectly in Palm and weight will definitely impact my day to day use. I'm used to heavy brick berry's like the KeyOne and Passport SE, so this featherweight is new to me, and I think I'm going to like it.

Back grip is smooth and comfortable, yet the phone seems a bit slippery so i need to be careful. It feels very similar to KeyOne back.

Headphones that come with the phone are good, not better than the KeyOnes though.

The charging of this machine is lightning. Fastest I've seen a phone charge, I'm very curious to see how the battery holds up. The KeyOne battery is legendary.

android oreo is a lot better than the prior. A lot of cool new features that really enhance the blackberry experience.

The physical buttons all on the right side feel nice and clicky and have a nice shining touch. I love how the power button has a jagged edge texture, very nice.

I will add more to this post in a few.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, AmritD, the_boon and 2 others like this.
    12-01-18 10:10 AM
    Thank you for the review... Hope to hear more.
    hhuber2001 likes this.
    12-01-18 01:02 PM
    Quick note on the keyboard.

At first use, this feels like the cheapest blackberry keyboard I've owned. The matte finish looks clean but I noticed (and this really is kind of irrelevant) when I rub my thumb flatly across the keyboard it feels almost like it's cardboard and it also emits a loud schmeer noise.

Now I'm not saying this is the cheapest keyboard nor that it sucks.

I'm very impressed by this keyboard thus far (from a total utility perspective). The clicky-ness, tactility, travel-length of the key are impressive thus far.

The backlight is very similar to the KeyOne. Meaning it's dimmer than your BB10 keyboard backlight and a little more yellow-moon color rather then the white bright color that BB10 devices are like.

The frets are polished and are the exact fret design which was on the KeyOne, which I like a lot. That design is classic, how the frets wrap around the edge. Looks better than Key2 keyboard, but I'm very curious to try out the Key2 one day in comparison to this KeyLE I just got.

Fingerprint scanner on LE is flawless. Fastest I've ever thumbed up. Turns on before I even press my thumb down sometimes, it's lightning bra lol

haven't used the speed key yet in a real world setting. Only played with it in the beginning. We'll see how this goes, thus far it's a bit of a gimmick.

Keyboard short cuts work flawless.

Spacebar feels and sounds like the rest of the keys. By the way the sound of the keys is pleasant. Not too loud like the Passport SE and not too low like the Priv.

This is the first time I'm using Android Oreo and I like it from the prior. A lot of cool and better ways of maneuvering through your device.

I'll add more later today. Gonna test out the camera, speakers, call quality, then chuck it off my roof for durability test.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, bigedschukar and the_boon like this.
    12-01-18 01:26 PM
    Quick note on the keyboard.

At first use, this feels like the cheapest blackberry keyboard I've owned. The matte finish looks clean but I noticed (and this really is kind of irrelevant) when I rub my thumb flatly across the keyboard it feels almost like it's cardboard and it also emits a loud schmeer noise.

Now I'm not saying this is the cheapest keyboard nor that it sucks.

I'm very impressed by this keyboard thus far (from a total utility perspective). The clicky-ness, tactility, travel-length of the key are impressive thus far.

The backlight is very similar to the KeyOne. Meaning it's dimmer than your BB10 keyboard backlight and a little more yellow-moon color rather then the white bright color that BB10 devices are like.

The frets are polished and are the exact fret design which was on the KeyOne, which I like a lot. That design is classic, how the frets wrap around the edge. Looks better than Key2 keyboard, but I'm very curious to try out the Key2 one day in comparison to this KeyLE I just got.

Fingerprint scanner on LE is flawless. Fastest I've ever thumbed up. Turns on before I even press my thumb down sometimes, it's lightning bra lol

haven't used the speed key yet in a real world setting. Only played with it in the beginning. We'll see how this goes, thus far it's a bit of a gimmick.

Keyboard short cuts work flawless.

Spacebar feels and sounds like the rest of the keys. By the way the sound of the keys is pleasant. Not too loud like the Passport SE and not too low like the Priv.

This is the first time I'm using Android Oreo and I like it from the prior. A lot of cool and better ways of maneuvering through your device.

I'll add more later today. Gonna test out the camera, speakers, call quality, then chuck it off my roof for durability test.

Posted via CB10
    Good honest write up. Looking forward to more
    12-01-18 03:34 PM
    Okay this phone might be the most slick feeling slippery berry I've ever had.

Usually Blackberrys stick to your hands (the fruit as well).

Gonna have to be careful handling this phone, and I'm usually really good at not dropping my Blackberrys.

So while the phone is sleek it's also feather-weighted. Different indeed.

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-01-18 05:10 PM
    They say the screen of the LE is the same as the KeyOne? Not sure if this is true as the screens look different when side by side. The phones cast different shades. Maybe they mean just the pixels are the same and size?

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-01-18 05:12 PM
    Interesting note:

The physical keys seem to point upward. Like mini-triangular berries. When typing while not looking it's even more easy to find the keys since the keys pretty much find you. The structure of the KeyOnes keys were more flatly-shaped.

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-01-18 05:15 PM
    I found the KEYone to be MUCH more slippery than the LE. The weight of the former would make it more susceptible to sliding out of the hand and falling.
    The flatter sides of the LE help as well.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-01-18 05:44 PM
    I found the KEYone to be MUCH more slippery than the LE. The weight of the former would make it more susceptible to sliding out of the hand and falling.
    The flatter sides of the LE help as well.
    Keyone was slippery at first, over time the hardware molded (transduced) into my hand so I never would drop my KeyOne.

Hoping this is how the LE turns out.

I really don't know what to make of this LE phone yet. Idk if it's a joke or an amazing new blackberry machine?

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-01-18 06:03 PM
    Okay this phone might be the most slick feeling slippery berry I've ever had.

Usually Blackberrys stick to your hands (the fruit as well).

Gonna have to be careful handling this phone, and I'm usually really good at not dropping my Blackberrys.

So while the phone is sleek it's also feather-weighted. Different indeed.

Posted via CB10
    Had a phone ring on my KEYone BE all the time, just changed it to this elastic band strap:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cL4tGius

Much more stable on the table then this ring:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/XitQJr2

It's to you to decide which one suits you, but you definitely forget about slippery
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 12-01-18 at 07:28 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-01-18 06:59 PM
    Had a phone ring on my KEYone BE all the time, just changed it to this elastic band strap:

It's to you to decide which one suits you, but you definitely forget about slippery
    Thank you, will look into this.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 11:36 PM
    Idk if it's a joke or an amazing new blackberry machine?
    Can't really answer that for you lol... for me it's a step up from the KEYone in almost every way
    12-02-18 01:33 AM
    I've always been a big screen kinda guy. Had the Priv, didn't buy the KEYone or two and got a Pixel 2 XL instead. My wife has the KEYone and I have trouble typing on it, but it is a great phone all around. But that Keytwo, I love that keyboard. I've tried it out in the store a few times and it feels so nice. The LE is a decent price, so when it comes down a bit next year or if I can find a good used one I may try swapping between phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-18 09:12 PM

Do you find much difference between these inexpensive ring options and the more expensive Spigen:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Style-...UvbUpU13316533
    12-03-18 07:11 AM
    Update:

2 days later and this phone is great. I'm thinking to myself.. if this LE had a capacitive keyboard it might be my favorite BlackBerry yet. (I haven't touched a Key2 yet)

The keyboard alone is superb. I'm lightning fast on it. I would be even faster if I could flick and swipe, oh well.

I thought not having capacitive features would hinder the use but it's okay without. I do wish it had the capability but I can deal without it for now.

I also notice the frets are lower then the keys so the keys stick out more, which is great and makes the typing experience better.

I still haven't tested the camera yet.

The mono-speaker is surprisingly better than the KeyOne. Much clearer and louder.

The screen saturation and color is better than the KeyOne.

So far I'm loving the device, more so then expected.

I'll update with more with more use.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon, phuoc and bigedschukar like this.
    12-03-18 04:51 PM
    If anyone is on the fence like I was.. just pull the trigger. The LE is better than I thought. It makes my silver KeyOne feel and look outdated, and I love my KeyOne.

I wish the KeyOne Black edition was available for Verizon, I'd buy that next. But this LE is such a slick sleek beast.

I sometimes catch myself swiping on the keyboard. I notice the feel of the keyboard is amazing. This is how a capacitive keyboards surface should feel, very smooth. The KeyOnes gloss seems harder to swipe on than the LE'S texture.

Oh well, like I said, if the LE had capacitive touch this would be the best berry ever.

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-04-18 01:21 AM
    Pulled the trigger on this machine yesterday.

This thread will be an updated review on things I notice as time permits.

I am upgrading from a KeyOne/PassportSE as my daily drivers.

Bought mine at Best Buy, headed over to a verizon corporate store and got a new SIM. Text messages weren't working at first but calling worked. The general manager knew what he was doing thankfully and got everything working smoothly!

First impressions is this is the lightest berry I've had since the Q10.

This might be the most slippery berry I've had as well. Slippery moreso than the KeyOne.

Aesthetically the device is stellar. Modern and professional, it's a good look. I can imagine what the Key Thrice will look like with more screen real estate, get rid of those android buttons for good, etc.. but I like the direction BBMOBILE is heading with this design.

Phone fits perfectly in Palm and weight will definitely impact my day to day use. I'm used to heavy brick berry's like the KeyOne and Passport SE, so this featherweight is new to me, and I think I'm going to like it.

Back grip is smooth and comfortable, yet the phone seems a bit slippery so i need to be careful. It feels very similar to KeyOne back.

Headphones that come with the phone are good, not better than the KeyOnes though.

The charging of this machine is lightning. Fastest I've seen a phone charge, I'm very curious to see how the battery holds up. The KeyOne battery is legendary.

android oreo is a lot better than the prior. A lot of cool new features that really enhance the blackberry experience.

The physical buttons all on the right side feel nice and clicky and have a nice shining touch. I love how the power button has a jagged edge texture, very nice.

I will add more to this post in a few.

Posted via CB10
    Surprised you said it feels slippery. I don't feel that at all from this device. I do not have a case on it and don't ever plan on getting one. I have never had issues with the phone feeling slippery in fact it's probably the grippiest blackberry I've ever owned
    the_boon likes this.
    12-04-18 09:58 AM
    Surprised you said it feels slippery. I don't feel that at all from this device. I do not have a case on it and don't ever plan on getting one. I have never had issues with the phone feeling slippery in fact it's probably the grippiest blackberry I've ever owned
    Yup, to me the only recent BB that's grippier than the LE is the Priv, and that could also be because the carbon soft touch back wraps around the sides.
    12-04-18 10:43 AM
    What do you Key2 le owners say about the camera? Is it better than Passport's camera?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-18 07:12 AM
    What do you Key2 le owners say about the camera? Is it better than Passport's camera?

Posted via CB10
    Given that also it will probably get some enhancement software wise it is no contest. Overall I think it's already better, and will only get better still. So yes, the LE camera is better. But I think that shouldn't be much of a surprise. There's over 4 years difference in teams of digital development... Both software and hardware. If you look in the thread where you can post pics shot on the LE, you'll find some first shots.
    12-05-18 07:57 AM
    The first few days it was slippery.

It isn't as slippery now. And I guess it was more of a weight issue than the actual feel of the device that made it slippery. I noticed I'll be walking with the device and it almost flew out of my hand because of its lightness.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-18 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll get back to you on this. I'll test my LE and Passport SE cameras.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-18 07:19 PM
    Also,

I was sitting down waiting in line yesterday and a japanese girl sits next to me. I glance over and see she has a phone with a keyboard.. at first I had one of those moments where you don't believe what your eyes are telling you. I thought it was a Samsung with that attachment keyboard but as I look closer it's a Key2!!

So I tap her arm and ask her if it is a Key2 while simultaneously showing her my LE. She had the Key2 black edition and she commented on my LE saying "Ohh is that the new one? Very nice!" lol

I was so suprised to see someone else in public with a blackberry yet alone a black Key2!

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and the_boon like this.
    12-06-18 07:22 PM
    I just took some photos with my LE and Passport SE...

The LE pics looked better overall. More crisp and colors were more on point.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and tubularbell like this.
    12-06-18 07:29 PM
    I know I've said it before in this thread, but this keyboard is brilliant.

The LE is definitely the easiest BlackBerry I've ever typed on. Second place goes to the Q10.

Loving this phone more and more daily. Really good decision.

I'm really curious to see how the LE fairs against the Key2. If the Key2 ever gets approved for Verizon I might pull the trigger on that beast.

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-06-18 10:53 PM
57 123