Hi folks, I am loving my K2LE after using it for approx 3 months now. However, one issue has arisen and gotten worse in the last 2-3 wks.

I can send and receive MMS/SMS texts for all devices with the exception of to my significant other. Lately when they send me something, including both text and pictures (more pictures / MMS though), I get the following placeholder. If I ever click on it, I get an unknown message sender listed in my texts and no actual text. My SO is getting tired of sending me stuff. This isn't happening with anyone else from what I can tell. And no issues when I send to her.

My SO is using iOS on iPhone 7 on ATT. I am on Straight Talk (ATT MVNO).

I have tried hard reset, Sim card removal, but no dice.

Any help is greatly appreciated, esp since it will get my SO no longer upset with me!Probs w/ texts from 1 iOS device-notable-00113.jpeg
    03-14-19 04:13 PM
    Hi folks, I am loving my K2LE after using it for approx 3 months now. However, one issue has arisen and gotten worse in the last 2-3 wks.

I can send and receive MMS/SMS texts for all devices with the exception of to my significant other. Lately when they send me something, including both text and pictures (more pictures / MMS though), I get the following placeholder. If I ever click on it, I get an unknown message sender listed in my texts and no actual text. My SO is getting tired of sending me stuff. This isn't happening with anyone else from what I can tell. And no issues when I send to her.

My SO is using iOS on iPhone 7 on ATT. I am on Straight Talk (ATT MVNO).

I have tried hard reset, Sim card removal, but no dice.

Any help is greatly appreciated, esp since it will get my SO no longer upset with me!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00113.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	443391
    I think that this is an Android issue and you have to set your phone so that you're using CELLULAR connection to receive MMS messages.
    I had this problem when I went to my PRIV a couple of years back.

I don't remember how to do this but you can Google it.
    kalphreef likes this.
    03-14-19 04:45 PM
    I think that this is an Android issue and you have to set your phone so that you're using CELLULAR connection to receive MMS messages.
    I had this problem when I went to my PRIV a couple of years back.

I don't remember how to do this but you can Google it.
    Thanks for your response. I tried looking up alternative APN addresses online for Straight Talk via ATT. I can enter ones that make the MMS with my SO work fine (although MMS with others worked fine previously through iOS just not hers). However then I lose the ability to use the data connection.

Guess I will have to pick my poison.

Sigh.
    03-14-19 08:58 PM
    Uh, I don't remember having to change my APN address. It was a setting just on the phone.

Try googling "android unable to receive mms message".
    03-15-19 09:45 AM
    Most things I could find were about the APN. The one thing I discovered randomly is as below. That was somehow set to off so changed it to ON. Let's see if that makes any diff. Thanks!Probs w/ texts from 1 iOS device-notable-00121.jpeg
    03-15-19 01:12 PM
    I left out the part about - is this the item you were talking about? I also went into phone settings using *#*#46368676#*#* and didn't see anything regarding MMS or SMS there.

An old thread mentioned that there is something using *#*#4636#*#* but that doesn't work on my K2LE At least.
    03-15-19 01:54 PM
    So there is an improvement with receiving character texts, but still having problems with pictures/videos from just my SO still whether as the sole recipient or group MMS. Things from others are coming through without issue from what I can tell.

Thanks.
    03-18-19 08:21 PM
    Did you come from an iPhone just before and if so did you fully "de register" from iMessaging?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-18-19 08:34 PM
    Sorry no, I have been an android user since 2011.
    03-19-19 01:07 AM
    Did ATT offer you any suggestions for fixing it?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-19-19 05:42 AM
    Straight Talk, which is an MVNO that uses AT&T, is useless unfortunately when it comes to help beyond activating a phone.
    03-19-19 11:57 PM
    I have tried updating to the latest version of the Messages app and will see if that makes any difference. I think Google took a step backwards with its appearance and functionality.
    03-21-19 09:25 PM
    Ok so they updated messages app didn't make any difference - still MMS from my SO are "received" with an icon to click but when I do, they continue to say as below...Probs w/ texts from 1 iOS device-notable-00131.jpeg
    03-24-19 06:22 PM