I have connected my Key2 LE in Charge/Data mode to my computer (Windows 7) via a USB cable. The Key2 charges successfully; however, the computer does not recognize the Key2 as a removable storage device. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may accomplish this?

Note: I am new to the Android OS, so please take that into consideration with any information. Thank you.
    12-26-19 10:54 PM
    I have connected my Key2 LE in Charge/Data mode to my computer (Windows 7) via a USB cable. The Key2 charges successfully; however, the computer does not recognize the Key2 as a removable storage device. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may accomplish this?

Note: I am new to the Android OS, so please take that into consideration with any information. Thank you.
    Windows 7 might be your issue??
    But you could also trying to swipe down from the top to get the notifications and tap on ui and then choose to use the connection to transfer files. Not sure if it will work with Windows 7.
    Last edited by yamahammer; 12-27-19 at 04:14 AM.
    12-27-19 03:59 AM
    Android 8.1 has been available for more than two years; more people then were using Windows 7 than now. Therefore, I feel that Windows 7 likely is not the problem (albeit it is feasible). The only related drivers I can locate are for developers, which I am not.

Thanks for advising me about the “UI” screen; I had not known about that. I had thought the Key2 LE was connected in “Charge/Data” mode, but the UI screen displays that it was and is connected in “Charge Only” mode. The “Tap Here” selection shows only the same options I saw previously, which includes “Charge/Data,” but selecting that still does not change from “Charge Only.”

Are there any other suggestions?
    12-27-19 12:50 PM
    12-27-19 01:50 PM
    You should jump into the control panel, go to Power and jump into whatever profile is used, and disable USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND. Then it'll connect without problems.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-27-19 06:17 PM
    Thanks. However, my installing that driver has made no difference. The Key2 LE still charges on the computer, but the computer does not recognize the Key2 as a device.
    12-28-19 06:22 PM
    Thanks. However, my installing that driver has made no difference. The Key2 LE still charges on the computer, but the computer does not recognize the Key2 as a device.
    12-28-19 06:27 PM
    You should jump into the control panel, go to Power and jump into whatever profile is used, and disable USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND. Then it'll connect without problems.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    Where within my profile is "USB Selective Suspend"? All I can see are the following:
    • Account display name
    • Your name
    • Quick responses
    • Account color
    • Automatic Cc/Bcc
    • Create a home screen shortcut
    • Outgoing email settings
    • Signatures
    • Notification settings
    • Data usage
    • Server settings
    12-28-19 06:35 PM
    I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I still have the same problem of my computer and Key2 LE failing to communicate directly. Does anyone have any further suggestions?
    Last edited by Dead Man Thinking; 02-03-20 at 11:29 AM. Reason: missing word
    02-03-20 11:25 AM