12-04-18 10:14 PM
63 123
tools
    Yes, I absolutely agree that it shouldn't be this hard. Verizon is apparently still learning how to deal with LTE-only devices.

But their solution of a new SIM seems to be working for everyone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What's ironic is I had a 2 year old nano SIM that for giggles I popped into a Kyocera Cadence (CDMA-less, LTE only) and incoming/outgoing SMS service worked just fine. So I feel there's more to it. Something that needs to be provisioned through an update from both Verizon and BlackBerry Mobile.
    10-31-18 03:12 PM
    does anyone know if, after switching Sim cards and using the key2 le for a time, there would be an issue swapping the new Sim into a phone like the note 9. I like to switch things up every month or so and don't want to create a problem for my other phones.
    10-31-18 04:05 PM
    There shouldn't be. Of course this is Verizon, so....
    phuoc and portplayer like this.
    10-31-18 07:07 PM
    I don't know what I did with all the tinkering, but SMS is fully working on my KEY2LE with no SFO code or SIM change...I'm on 3GPP format using Verizon message + and I'm sending while receiving. I'm not touching a damn setting going forward!
    11-01-18 12:01 PM
    I don't know what I did with all the tinkering, but SMS is fully working on my KEY2LE with no SFO code or SIM change...I'm on 3GPP format using Verizon message + and I'm sending while receiving. I'm not touching a damn setting going forward!
    Maybe Verizon finally woke up and made the necessary server changes.
    11-01-18 12:34 PM
    Maybe Verizon finally woke up and made the necessary server changes.
    Perhaps, time will tell. I am unable to use any other SMS app though at the moment, in addition, I cannot receive MMS on KEY2LE yet, but can send it out.
    11-01-18 12:51 PM
    This reminded me that the Messages+ app does some special magic with SMS and MMS messages so that your entire chat appears on all of your Verizon devices. If you're not receiving MMS messages and no other SMS/MMS app works, then I suspect the problem isn't really solved.
    11-01-18 02:39 PM
    This reminded me that the Messages+ app does some special magic with SMS and MMS messages so that your entire chat appears on all of your Verizon devices. If you're not receiving MMS messages and no other SMS/MMS app works, then I suspect the problem isn't really solved.
    It only appears of you authorize it to, which I have not. I have also had issues with in the past with branded Verizon devices using Message+ and receiving MMS, so this really isn't a surprise to me. I'm content now until Verizon/Blackberry push out a fix, or I finally get (yet another) SIM card and provision of a mystery feature that actually works.
    bibbula likes this.
    11-02-18 07:38 AM
    so no wifi calling on the LE with verizon?
    11-02-18 03:38 PM
    Returning my KEY2LE. Too much of a hassle to get this to fully work on Verizon. I've been through 3 new SIM cards, 2 Corporate store visits, transferred to level 3 tech twice and had BlackBerry Mobile support claim to not know what issue I'm referencing.

I tried so hard to make this work. Tojany issues with BlackBerry Mobile devices here in the states unless you want to use TMobile. Back to my Note 9, it's a bummer, I was wanting to sell the Note 9 and use the KEY2LE exclusively for business.
    11-03-18 06:09 AM
    Returning my KEY2LE. Too much of a hassle to get this to fully work on Verizon. I've been through 3 new SIM cards, 2 Corporate store visits, transferred to level 3 tech twice and had BlackBerry Mobile support claim to not know what issue I'm referencing.

I tried so hard to make this work. Tojany issues with BlackBerry Mobile devices here in the states unless you want to use TMobile. Back to my Note 9, it's a bummer, I was wanting to sell the Note 9 and use the KEY2LE exclusively for business.
    For what it's worth, some people on the Key2 threads are now saying that if you pop in a new SIM to a Key2 it is now working on VZW. Might be worth trying a non-LE if you are stuck on VZW to see if it works...
    11-07-18 12:54 AM
    Was anyone able to fix this issue? My colleague uses Verizon and just received a KEY2LE. We have spent much of the day on the phone with tech support, visited two different stores in Manhattan, and none seem to recognize the device to allow it to receive text messages. Appreciate your help.
    12-04-18 08:12 PM
    Was anyone able to fix this issue? My colleague uses Verizon and just received a KEY2LE. We have spent much of the day on the phone with tech support, visited two different stores in Manhattan, and none seem to recognize the device to allow it to receive text messages. Appreciate your help.
    Mine works fine but it took a week for VZW to provision properly. You need a new SIM card. Then have tier 2 support but a ticket in to have your phones IMEI added to the device management server. Once that is done have them add the CDMA-free feature on your account.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-04-18 10:14 PM
63 123