I can recommend you try this: download the app quickshortcutmaker
    1. Expand ARDA
    2. Click the shortcut for ARDA
    3. Click "Try"
    4. Click "Radio Control"
    5. Click 3GPP2 settings
    6. Disable EVDO Hybrid Mode if it is enabled.

Can't promise that will work but you have to configure to use only 3GPP not 3GPP2 on VZW CDMA-less devices.
    DjGadgets likes this.
    10-23-18 04:45 AM
    1. Expand ARDA
    3. Click "Try"
    4. Click "Radio Control"
    5. Click 3GPP2 settings

Can't promise that will work but you have to configure to use only 3GPP not 3GPP2 on VZW CDMA-less devices.
    Thanks for the effort. I tried this and it was already disabled.
    10-23-18 06:50 AM
    With a new Sim from Verizon I can confirm incoming SMS is now working.
    phuoc, portplayer, bibbula and 3 others like this.
    10-23-18 01:19 PM
    These settings are available on the key2le. I configured to the other mms config, now I can receive but not send. Switch it back and I can send but not receive.
    I set it so I can receive and then use message+ and set to send over WiFi and I can send text over WiFi but not LTE.
    10-23-18 10:48 PM
    Did you just get a new one from a corporate store and have them activate it?
    10-23-18 10:49 PM
    Correct
    10-24-18 08:30 AM
    My contact runs that corporate store.
    I hope your contact apologized for their lack of knowledge and you did not have to return your new device. If you did I would ask the contact to pay your restocking fee.
    10-24-18 09:03 AM
    I returned it yesterday but paid no restocking fee. I'm happily on my iPhone XR.
    10-24-18 11:10 AM
    I can also confirm that sms is working both inbound and outbound with a new sim card. Walked into the store and within 5 min I had the new card installed and all my messages came flooding in.
    Last edited by Jasonegli; 10-24-18 at 09:20 PM.
    the_boon and Jake2826 like this.
    10-24-18 07:23 PM
    1. Expand ARDA
    3. Click "Try"
    4. Click "Radio Control"
    5. Click 3GPP2 settings

Is arda blocked on keyones?
    10-24-18 07:36 PM
    Yes at least on mine it is.
    10-24-18 08:28 PM
    I returned it yesterday but paid no restocking fee. I'm happily on my iPhone XR.
    I can't believe Apple released a mobile phone in 2018 with a screen resolution from 2014. Only Apple could do this without being slammed left and right. At least Unboxed Therapy on You Tube had the sack to blast the device for the non HD screen resolution. Interesting you went from a PKB device to the XR. Hope you enjoy the Apple experience. I bought my daughter a 128 6s last year (she's in middle school and does not need the latest) it's a good device. Reminds me of BlackBerry 10 on home screen. And now you get BlackBerry 10 like swiping. 😁
    10-24-18 09:10 PM
    I'll use the XR but I'm waiting for the K3. Hopefully, BBmo and TCL will work with Verizon.
    10-24-18 09:20 PM
    I'll use the XR but I'm waiting for the K3. Hopefully, BBmo and TCL will work with Verizon.
    BBmo and TCL work with Verizon now on the Key2LE. Just needed to use a new SIM. I played with Key2LE at a Best Buy yesterday. Felt great in the hand and the keyes exceptional! (Similar to my Classic) If I had not upgraded to my S9 in March I would have walked out with one. I am not going anywhere near one again or I'll end up with another mobile device I want but don't need.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-25-18 11:25 PM
    BBmo and TCL work with Verizon now on the Key2LE. Just needed to use a new SIM. I played with Key2LE at a Best Buy yesterday. Felt great in the hand and the keyes exceptional! (Similar to my Classic) If I had not upgraded to my S9 in March I would have walked out with one. I am not going anywhere near one again or I'll end up with another mobile device I want but don't need.
    After returning mine(unopened), I had a chance to try the k2le at a best buy (Westminster) and loved it! Seriously thinking of re-buying it.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-25-18 11:52 PM
    After returning mine(unopened), I had a chance to try the k2le at a best buy (Westminster) and loved it! Seriously thinking of re-buying it.
    I want to see the WiFi calling confirmed before I get one, keeping my keyone in the meantime.
    10-26-18 12:23 AM
    I want to see the WiFi calling confirmed before I get one, keeping my keyone in the meantime.
    That's what I'm waiting for as well.
    10-26-18 12:25 AM
    That's what I'm waiting for as well.
    K1 doesn't have it, so it may not happen.
    10-26-18 06:39 AM
    WFC does NOT work -- even on T-Mobile. I emailed BB Mobile and they confirmed it is not operational. I replied that I'm not buying until and unless it is.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-26-18 09:18 PM
    The switching of sim cards and activating the device through tech support did the trick for me today.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-27-18 08:07 PM
    The switching of sim cards and activating the device through tech support did the trick for me today.
    Nice to see you're up and running!
    jegs2 likes this.
    10-28-18 03:01 AM
    Our teams are working with Verizon to troubleshoot this, but in the meantime, you should be able to get a new Verizon SIM card which should alleviate the experience you’re seeing with SMS messages. If you have further questions, please contact our team at: https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/
    Can @blackberrymobile address if there has been a fix for this yet other than to just "go get a new SIM" which hasn't worked yet for me or others...
    10-31-18 01:39 PM
    Can @blackberrymobile address if there has been a fix for this yet other than to just "go get a new SIM" which hasn't worked yet for me or others...
    Are there still others?
    10-31-18 01:57 PM
    Are there still others?
    I believe a couple others yes, and the lengths at which some had to go to in order for a simple thing to work is ridiculous, wouldn't you agree? Regardless of Verizon or BlackBerry Mobile sides, it shouldn't be this difficult to get SMS working on a white listed device. I'm inquiring with BlackBerry Mobile on here as they said they are working with Verizon and I would hope they would be kind enough to provide a detailed update as to progress or resolution aside from SIM card replacement or going through multiple layers of high level tech support with cases being opened..
    10-31-18 02:03 PM
    I believe a couple others yes, and the lengths at which some had to go to in order for a simple thing to work is ridiculous, wouldn't you agree? Regardless of Verizon or BlackBerry Mobile sides, it shouldn't be this difficult to get SMS working on a white listed device. I'm inquiring with BlackBerry Mobile on here as they said they are working with Verizon and I would hope they would be kind enough to provide a detailed update as to progress or resolution aside from SIM card replacement or going through multiple layers of high level tech support with cases being opened..
    Yes, I absolutely agree that it shouldn't be this hard. Verizon is apparently still learning how to deal with LTE-only devices.

But their solution of a new SIM seems to be working for everyone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-31-18 02:09 PM
71 123